help david hayter write the metal gear movie

zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zero

Aparently he wants to write the movie but konami wont help him, sign a patition here

http://www.petitiononline.com/hayter/petition.html

Lant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lant

I support this actoin. He is a damned good writer to, and he really cares about the source material, shame they didn't use his watchmen script. However watchmen does look amazing and after seeing the trailer not sure if his script would have worked as well. But i have no fault at all with his other movies.

osmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By osmiles

I too would like to see a metal gear movie written by David Hayter, seriously doubt an online petition will work though.

zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zero

well the guy wrote xmen 1 and 2 so  its silly they didnt run to him from the begining

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Otacon

I'm not sure I even want a Metal Gear Solid movie, but If there must be one Hayter is the guy to write it.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TimeWaffle

there really isn't a need for a movie is there

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Lashe

Just watch someone speedrun through MGS1-4 ;]

Avatar image for deactivated-63aed1f3cc082
deactivated-63aed1f3cc082

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Lashe said:
" Just watch someone speedrun through MGS1-4 ;]
"
Totally.

Actually, I'm a believer that some mediums allow certain stories to be told well, while others will always only be able to tell that story in parts or not at all.  I think video games allow for stories as outrageous as MGS to be told in an entertaining and effective way; meanwhile, a movie would turn it into something unrecognizable and borderline inedible.  That's why I also believe comic book-based movies are insulting (to me, at least).  I'm willing to buy into absurdity in a comic book, but when you slap a costume on a real person and expect an actor to spout silly dialogue, I'm confused and usually insulted.  I guess what I'm saying is that I can suspend my disbelief easier in video games, comic books, cartoons and novels than I can in a live action film.

So, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By suneku

I don't want a movie... but if they're going through with it to milk some easy money... I'd at least want Hayter to help work on it since he actually knows the series... it's better then someone who's never picked up a game in their life right?

Dissolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Dissolve

I think Hayter should write the next MGS game.