Help deciding what game/s to buy

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GaspoweR

Well, we know that there are a lot of games going on sale right now but I'm trying to stave off the impulse of buying every single game that is being discounted and in my case its PC games.

Now, my current dilemma is choosing what game to buy. I'm not going to buy Fallout 4, Just Cause 3 is coming out next week, GTA V is probably at its cheapest price so far, and AC Syndicate is being discounted. Don't want to pull the trigger and just buy all 3 games or maybe there's another game I'm forgetting that I should definitely buy. Help me out, duders!

As for other duders who are also having the same problem, you can post here as well. Let's try to help each other out!

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

AC syndicate is really good game dude. As good as Black Flag and Brotherhood. I was shocked how much I enjoyed. If you like Ubisoft open world games this is a really fine one.

Don't buy Fallout 4 yet, there are a lot of problems wait for patches and mods.

GTA 5 is also really good, better than 4 by far imho and the port is solid.

What kind of PC do you have? Do you have anything else you might want to play?

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgaras1103: It's a desktop PC and I have a GTX 970 so graphics intensive games aren't going to be a problem. That's the thing, I just don't have any idea of what I really want to play. I'm browsing through store pages and nothing really pops out in front of me. (Well, I actually want to play Halo 5 and Rise of the Tomb Raider but I'm not planning to spend that much right now to buy a console).

Well, my fall back if I end up not buying anything is to watch backlogged anime as always but man there's so much free time this weekend. 0_o

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

Keep in mind that the big Steam Winter Sale is still coming up next month. You don't have to decide everything right now, just choose one game that you really want to play and get it now, then wait for the rest until later. I think there are far more important games you should be buying and playing than just the biggest names on the block, but I'm not even going to mention them because then you'll just have more of a problem on your hands.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GaspoweR

@mike: It's fine you can throw out your suggestions, too. I might just end up buying one of those instead. I mean I'm not choosing those games in terms of importance, I'm really just looking for games that I know I'll probably have a lot of fun with.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By edgaras1103

@gaspower: I really want to play Rise of Tomb Raider, the original I enjoyed immensely, but like you I don't have console and just hyped for next year when this game releases.

Looking right now at steam. Wolf among us is probably my favorite Telltale game, it just oozes style and atmosphere.

Evil within is alright for that price. The first few chapters are really good and then it gets stupid real fast. And the port is not that good.

Dying light ? A lot of people like it a lot, I tried few times but the somethings not clicking with this one.

Wolfenstein TNO is a steal for that price, the gunplay feels so good! And the characters are a bit more developed than most fps. The PC version was a bit problematic for me , RAGE engine is not that good when allocating textures with 3GB vram.

Dunno man, did you played Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone? It is very good. Or you could just go back to anime where you belong, you know you want it.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GaspoweR

@edgaras1103: Yeah, too bad I already got Wolfenstein, and Dying Light. I'm also a big scaredy cat so Evil Within isn't really up my alley. Yup, Hearts of Stone (with the exception of how those runwords/glyphs upgrades being stupidly expensive to unlock) was great!

Hmm...this is starting to look like I'd just be watching more anime....BUT I really want to play something! Maybe AC Syndicate might be my choice but I'll wait out for some more suggestions.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By ArtisanBreads

So far I bought Door Kickers and Galak Z. Looking at some bigger games but I have Falllout 4 and am interested in Just Cause 3, if not right away then not too long after. So probably won't pick up anything else.

I think waiting a little longer on AC for the winter sale could be worth it. I can't see it being discounted less at the least. I have some interest in that game as well but I think JC 3 plus what I have for Fallout 4 left is enough open world for me.

Otherwise I am looking at Vermintide and Rebel Galaxy but both are hardly discounted. Maybe they will be more for the winter sale.