Help me build a PC thread

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By NoobSauceG7

So I am making a pc for my brother for his birthday in a few weeks and found a nice website to help me out (cyberpower.com). I don't have a lot of knowledge or experience with building PCs so I have been using the guide from the GB forums to get the most bang for my buck. I have a budget of $1000 but if it is a little over that's ok (probably nothing over $1050-$1100). So here are the Specs that I am looking at and let me know if anything is a waste of money or if I should switch stuff out.

Case: Apevia X-Dreamer4 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side-panel Window, USB 3.0 and Temperature display

Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans

-For this I just chose a better fan to keep the PC cooler

Noise Reduction Technology: Sound absorbing Form on Side, Top and Bottom panels

-So I chose this to help make it quieter but I don't know if this is a waste of money

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155

Cooling Fan:Cooler Master Seidon 120M Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator(Single Standard 120MM Fan)

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Gaming Cooling Fan

Motherboard: [Crossfire] Asus P8Z77-V LX Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Vitru MVP, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLan 2x PCIe x 16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2x PCIe x1 and 3 PC

Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory( Corsair or Major Brand)

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3 GB 16x PCIe 3.0 Video Card

-I know some people like Geforce more but this seemed very powerful and cheaper compared to equal Geforce models. Let me know though if there are equal Geforce models in price which wold be on the level of this AMD.

PSU: 600 Watts- Standard 80 plus certified power supply- SLI/Crossfirex ready

Hard drive: 1 TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB cache 7200RPM HDD(Single Device)

Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive

Sound: High definition on-board 7.1 Audio

-I haven't looked to much into this piece so feel free to let me know what this does or how to improve it

So this all comes with a keyboard/mouce, but no monitor. I do have a 22' Samsung TV that I would be willing to use as the Monitor, would the only think I need be an HDMI plug to connect it?

Could someone also tell me the difference between Windows 7-home,ultimate and professional and if those make a big difference if this PC would be used for games? Would there be a reason to get Windows 8 or is 7 still preferred?

Thanks for all the help, I had a general idea but some guidance would be appreciated!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

There's not really much need to have extra fans or noise reduction unless you are going to overclock.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: Ok, I am not going to overclock it so my biggest concern would be if it stays cool and quiet.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

If you're not going to overclock then watercooling is probably useless. Stock fans are alright for factory clocking, but can be a bit louder. Intels are usually decent at least. I'd say get another chassi fan instead, less hassle and gives you more or less the same results. Personally, I'd go with 750W for the PSU but it's probably not necessary unless you want to throw in an extra GPU in the future

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azteck: Thanks, I switched it to a cooling fan now.