Help me choose a game to pre-order

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Poll Help me choose a game to pre-order (38 votes)

Destiny (PS3 Version) 39%
Guilty Gear Xrd (PS3 Version) 29%
The Evil Within (PC Version) 32%

So I've stumbled onto some spare cash and I'd like to pre-order a game, but I don't know which.

Destiny seems like it'll be pretty high quality, but I'm not sure of how much of that game is that boring "Explore" mode.

Guilty Gear won't be best on PS3, but I'll be able to play against PS4 opponents and it'll run at 60fps. I also already have Persona 4 Arena Ultimax on pre-order, so having 2 fighting games might be too much? Also, holding out for too long worries me that the rest of the community will be too far ahead of me to compete at a enjoyable level.

Evil Within is a Mikami game, and RE4 is one of my all time favorite games, but... This game looks rough. I'm not sure it'll be any good at all, and I'm afraid of banking on my love for Mikami.

• 
GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Do you *need* to pre-order one of these games? I mean you could wait for some reviews first at least, just to get a general temperature on these games.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@geraltitude: That would make sense you jerk. Yeah, I could, I probably should have added an option for "Wait it out"

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted Destiny, but really I'd go with option 4: put that money in a piggy bank and save for PS4/Xbone :)

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Corevi

From what I know about you I think Xrd is probably the best bet for you liking the game.

Personally I'd go for Destiny since that beta hooked me hard.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Destiny just seems like Bungie's Borderlands.

So I voted for Evil Within as that's the only game listed I have interest in.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'm just going to say that if you have to ask what you should pre-order, then maybe holding onto that money until you know exactly what you want is a good idea.

Hey, you asked!

But to say something useful, I don't think that Destiny is worth pre-ordering. The Beta was cool, but there were some things about it that I was iffy on. It seems like most of the game is going to be you running around a big, open area, doing quests, Borderlands-style, only you'll occasionally see other guys running around and you can summon a hoverbike. If the full game works a little differently than the Beta (as in, you don't have to restart the same area four or five times in a row in the same spot for different missions), then that game could be pretty cool. But Destiny seems like it's got a pretty good chance of becoming a grind. If you don't follow my first advice, then at least hold off on Destiny until reviews start hitting and people talk about it on the forums.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@geraltitude: That would make sense you jerk. Yeah, I could, I probably should have added an option for "Wait it out"

:D if I'm a jerk to you it's only to be a friend to your wallet!

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By RonGalaxy

None of the above? Im most interested in the Evil Within, but I'm still super skeptical of how it will turn out. Prerelease footage of it looks really rough. Played the destiny beta and have no interest in it after that. And the only fighting game series I care about is MK because it has a good story mode, and I don't really know much about guilty gear

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I also say to wait. Destiny is a bit of a mystery and might not have as much content as some people are hoping (based off a small beta, but hey, you never know?). The Evil Within also seems a bit iffy potentially. I don't know anything about Guilty Gear Xrd, but I doubt there are any preorder bonuses that make it worth it (?). I very much am a person who think pre-ordering anything is silly, because you never know when something might bomb.

Of course, if you don't feel the need to go off reviews telling you if you will like something or not, feel free to pick the one that seems most exciting to you. As individuals, we often know what we like better than others do.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By mbradley1992

Definitely wait. I would be interested to see what happens to Destiny's infrastructure the first week it's out (though Activision is typically ready for large multiplayer launches, but still). The Evil Within looks like it will either be great or horrible, no middle ground. And I don't know anything about Guilty Gear. So I'd say wait closer to release. When the game comes out and after a day you hate being the only one without it, then you'll know.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would be interested to see what happens to Destiny's infrastructure the first week it's out (though Activision is typically ready for large multiplayer launches, but still).

The servers barely broke a sweat for the Beta even when PSN and Live were crumbling.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i would say destiny,because thats what i preordered out of the choices.however thats after playing the beta and loving it,so i would say if you didnt play the beta to wait.if you played the beta and loved it like me i would preorder it.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@corruptedevil: Lots of games have betas and still break at launch. Betas aren't all the future users, just a portion. So I don't think that solves the issue. But still, it'll probably be fine. I don't think COD has ever had an issue with server load on launch week, Activision will probably make the investment into making sure they have more than enough power to support launch.