#1 Posted by Blargonaut (153 posts) -

Ok Bombastards, I need your help. I have serious ADHD when it comes to games (and most other things for that matter!). I love reading about games and finding good deals on them, but then often don't actually play them. I'm totally aware that this is a first world problem and a very silly one to have. Still, I want to actually play them, because I do love playing games. So here is my list of the games I have and haven't played. I didn't include ones that I've thought about buying, because I don't want to buy anymore before I play at least some of these!

PS3:

• Asura's Wrath
  • Arkham Asylum
  • Dead Island
  • Ico/Shadow of the Colossus
  • All Assasin's Creed games (Except 3)
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Heavy Rain
  • Demon's Souls
  • The Darkness II
  • L.A Noire
  • God of War 1, 2, 3
  • Mass Effect 3 (I have played 2)
  • Brutal Legend
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Red Dead Redemption

Mac:

• Bastion

Man this list is long. This is even more pathetic than I originally thought. I have actually STARTED some of these games and just didn't get very far, so they will all need to be started from the beginning.

Black Friday is coming up and there are some great deals. I really need your advice!

#2 Posted by YI_Orange (1162 posts) -

Bastion(short but incredible)>Asura's Wrath(see Bastion)>Valkyria Chronicles(just so good. and beautiful)>Demon's Souls(though I would recommend Dark Souls and I only put it at the end because of length)

#3 Posted by Chaser324 (6647 posts) -

That's a pretty long list, and most of those are pretty good.

I would say just go ahead and play anything except Brutal Legend (starts strong but gets bogged down it the RTS stuff towards the end) or Assassin's Creed 1 (boring).

#4 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

I always suggest starting with the crapiest one first then working your way up. Start with ME2

#5 Edited by D_Bones (365 posts) -

You should definitely play Mass Effect 2 before 3. Other than that play Arkham Asylum its great. I also enjoyed L.A. Noire although the latter half isn't as good as the first.

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (12087 posts) -

You haven't played Bastion? Play Bastion!

#7 Edited by Blargonaut (153 posts) -

@Chaser324: So can I just skip Assassin's Creed and go to #2?

@Dagbiker: @D_Bones: I have already played all the way through ME2 and loved it. I just havent gotten around to 3 yet.

#8 Posted by Chaser324 (6647 posts) -

@Blargonaut: Considering the size of your backlog, I would say you can go ahead and skip the first Assassin's Creed game.

#9 Posted by MonsieurSpy (8 posts) -

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus.

#10 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

god of war. it's a great game man. i still need to play 2 and 3. i don't have 3 though.

play shadow of the colossus.

#11 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1809 posts) -

@Chaser324 said:

I would say just go ahead and play anything except Brutal Legend (starts strong but gets bogged down it the RTS stuff towards the end) or Assassin's Creed 1 (boring).

I disagree with Chaser324 to an extent. Brutal Legend is not a good game, but it's super fun to see, hear and experience everything that game's world has to offer.

Bastion is the game you should actually play.

#12 Posted by frankfartmouth (1018 posts) -

It would be much easier to point out what you shouldn't play on this list, and even that would be hard to say. That's a lot of great games there. Just play them all. Alphabetically.

#13 Edited by Chaser324 (6647 posts) -

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

@Chaser324 said:

I disagree with Chaser324 to an extent. Brutal Legend is not a good game, but it's super fun to see, hear and experience everything that game's world has to offer.

Fair enough. I enjoyed Brutal Legend quite a bit until probably the last third, when the RTS stuff started becoming a lot more intense.

I also agree that Bastion would be an excellent choice. Incredible game.

#14 Posted by EVO (3919 posts) -

Bastion's overrated. Play Heavy Rain.

#15 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

Arkham Asylum is my favorite game in that so I vote for it.

#16 Posted by Kidavenger (3582 posts) -

Far and away Deus Ex: Human Revolution, great game.

#17 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

Red dead redemption for sure dude.

#18 Posted by lilfurrybuddha (3 posts) -

Bastion is a great game, and also short (6 hours or so.) The Darkness 2 is also quite fun and about 6 hours. So, You could knock them both out in 12 hours. Get the shortest games done first and trim that list up.

#19 Posted by Blargonaut (153 posts) -

@frankfartmouth: There's an idea!

#20 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1809 posts) -

@Chaser324 said:

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

@Chaser324 said:

Fair enough. I enjoyed Brutal Legend quite a bit until probably the last third, when the RTS stuff started becoming a lot more intense.

I also agree that Bastion would be an excellent choice. Incredible game.

Fair enough, I enjoyed Brutal Legend more during the last half when more factions and units were introduced. To each his own.

#21 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5839 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption, Human Revolution, Valkyria Chronicles, and Demons Souls are all incredible, can't go wrong with any of those.

Bastion sucks, skip it

can't say anything else about the rest since I haven't played them.

#22 Posted by Blargonaut (153 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan I started Bastion and it didn't suck me in immediately. Beautiful artwork though.
#23 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

the only correct answer is

• Asura's Wrath
#24 Edited by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

That is not all that bad of a list. It is not like your hitting multi-year backlog even if you played a ton (like people that use digital download PC run themselves into).

I would just pick something, but then move into a genre rotation. Maybe start at Darkness II as a good short game, and move to Valkyaria Chronicles after?

#25 Posted by TobbRobb (4732 posts) -

Bastion, Asura's Wrath, Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls are the best ones of the bunch. So get to those!

#26 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles first.

Do the shorter games first (10-20hr) games, then do the longer ones.

#27 Posted by FrankieSpankie (228 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles and Deus Ex: Human Revolution are easily my two favorites from that list.

#28 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5839 posts) -

@Blargonaut: Yeah, it's a pretty game but the gameplay never did anything for me.