Help me pick a game

s-man1236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There is an eu psn sale right now and i want to buy 1 maybe 2 games, which ones should I buy?

Dont starve mega pack 27 euro

Dont starve 15 euro

Driveclub 15 euro

Abzu 14 euro

Hyper light drifter 13 euro

Prison architect 18 euro

Res evil 4 remastered 20 euro

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By VierasTalo

Have you ever played RE4? If not that thing still holds up wonderfully.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Resi4 if you've never played it before. Other than that I think Abzu and Hyper Light Drifter are both pretty cool.

LostOddity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If youre interested in Prison architect give a look at Rimworld. Prison architect gets kinda boring once you get everything up and running. A guy on youtube called quill18 has a few lets plays of Rimworld that are pretty funny if you wana check it out before buying.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Those are all pretty different games. Out of the bunch, I would vote for Hyper Light Drifter, but then again, I don't give a shit about survival games so I wold never recommend Don't Starve, I thought that Abzu was boring, and RE4 doesn't hold up when you compare it to modern games.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#6 fisk0  Moderator

I'm pretty sure the Don't Starve games have been sold for way less than 14€ previously, so I would hold off on those.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@fisk0 said:

I'm pretty sure the Don't Starve games have been sold for way less than 14€ previously, so I would hold off on those.

On PSN though? I haven't paid attention to it, but I can guess it never reached the lows of Steam.

I would either way vote Don't Starve. There is a sick amount of value in the essence of that game, not to mention if you get all the DLC with it. It is really, really fun and highly replayable.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#8  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@zevvion said:
@fisk0 said:

On PSN though? I haven't paid attention to it, but I can guess it never reached the lows of Steam.

I would either way vote Don't Starve. There is a sick amount of value in the essence of that game, not to mention if you get all the DLC with it. It is really, really fun and highly replayable.

Yup, it was 6,99€ in the September 2014 PSN sale.

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@s-man1236: i wouldn't recommend Abzu especially if you played Journey. The game is gorgeous but the pacing is too Journey-like and it ended up being shorter.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WynnDuffy

I wouldn't pay more than $10 for Resident Evil 4 in 2016, that thing has been re-released so many times and the PS4 version isn't even a definitive port.

(although saying that... I think RE4 is a big pile of poop)

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

RE4 is fantastic, you should play it if you never have. Don't Starve pack would be my secondary, that game can be played for a long time.

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, that's a hard one. If it was on PC I would say "Prison A." if you like strategy sims. If not, I would say "Don't Starve" if you like survival games of that type. Since this is PSN-related (not PC) I have to go with Abzu. I played RE4 back in the days but never finished it. It was fun early on in the villages but got out of hand later on.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#13 gamer_152  Moderator

These are always really hard to pick without knowing the tastes of the person playing them, but I'd echo RE4 if you've not played it before, a lot of people like that game. If you're into artsy games, Abzu has been really well-received, but if that's never been your cup, I'd avoid it entirely. It's a somewhat similar thing with Hyper Light Drifter, although that one seems to be a bit closer to a traditional game. If none of that grabs you, Prison Architect and Don't Starve seem like very solid buys, there's a lot of play time in them, but again, it requires you are into the specific genres these games occupy, and unless you're very sure about Don't Starve it's probably not worth splashing out on the more expensive version. The only one here that feels like a write-off is DriveClub, that game had a very mixed response.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@fisk0: Ah, I see. Well, I wouldn't let a price get me down if I really wanted a game. Especially if the asking price is still completely fair. Don't Starve is worth more than 15 bucks to me. I've put far more time into it, and found it far more enjoyable, than some games that retail for full price.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By Humanity

@s-man1236: Hyper Light Drifter, twice.

Maybe Resident Evil 4 if you want to play the game that influenced the design of much better games.

ultragamerockx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@s-man1236: I think...Monopoly or Frustration, no really? I reckon...hmm.... what about the new Destiny:Rise of Iron, haven't looked at it properly but I've heard my friend say that's it's a game that is actually pretty decent and good quality.

Any other suggestions?