#1 Edited by Dogma (943 posts) -

This is the deal. On monday there is gonna be a game convention/gathering in Malmö, Sweden. I am a part of this and have been helping out planning and constructing activities and tournaments. We are as good as ready to go but then I saw the Galaga Legion DX Quisk Look and thought "Hmm...it would be rather cool to have some kind of shoot em up/high score tournament. Last winter we had Pac-Man CE as a tournament and the crowd went wild.

So I would like to know what games I should look into having in this tournament. The idea is to make people rotate stations and accumulate high scores that gets addded to their contender profile. I want all the games to be trippy, insane and something that makes your synapses pop! Pac-Man CE, Galaga Legions DX, Geomitry Wars and Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury. Stuff like that! The tournament florr shall become a goddamn disco because of the screens! Help me out guys and girls. It would be nice if you also could tell me what these games you are recomending costs. I would prefer if they are on XBLA or PSN but I will listen to anybody with a suggestion and see if I can find those games. So in summery...

1. Have to have a lot of colours and explosions.

2. Have to have high score table.

go!

#2 Posted by Civraz (392 posts) -

Space Giraffe.

#3 Posted by Bloodlines (172 posts) -

Beat Hazard for the pc maybe ? It's 5 € on steam now really cheap for the european steam store at least.

#4 Posted by Dogma (943 posts) -

It has to be on console. Mabey I should have added that.

#5 Posted by cheddartyme (133 posts) -

rez and child of eden are the most obvious. There is a score attack mode in rez so I assume there's one in child of eden. I played some shooters on the indie store that might work. This sounds cool. I'd like to see videos or photos from the event when you have it .

#6 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3099 posts) -

Super Stardust sure is flashy.

#7 Posted by h0lgr (908 posts) -

Geometry Wars 2

#8 Edited by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

Every Extend Extra Extreme on XBLA would be perfect for you.   It looks a little something like this: (Edit - Embedding was disabled so here's a link
Should be somewhere around 800MSP on Live, I got it as part of 'Qubed' which is a 3 pack consisting of Rez, E4, and Lumies Live for around $15 (half the cost of individual items on XBLM).
You could also try Rez, but it's much slower paced and doesn't lend itself as well to scoring (though it still does)

#9 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

May not be exactly what you're looking for, but my first thought was "Warioware"

#10 Posted by Errordotocx (119 posts) -

Beat Hazard, you can find it on Steam or on XBox live, under the indie games. It's a dual stick shooter with lots of bright colors, explosions, and god damn if it isn't trippy. Although, I will say that it uses music to determine gameplay. So you would maybe wanna load up your XBox or PC with some electronic music, which isn't necessary but I think they intended it to be played with electronic music.

#11 Posted by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

Geometry Wars is a great go-to.

#12 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Bulletstorm is a pretty cool game.

#13 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is frantic as hell. Awesome game.

#14 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5797 posts) -

Lumines.

#15 Edited by Dogma (943 posts) -

Thanks for the help guys. I used the following games last Saturday for my Neon Disco Night.

Galaga Legion DX

Child of Eden

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Geomitry Wars 2

Beat Hazzard

@Errordotocx Thanks for the Beat Hazzard tip! Many people digged that game! :D

@cheddartyme You wanted to see pictures and a short video? Here you go!

It became the last tournament of the whole convention. The price? A brand new Shadows of the Damned for the Xbox 360!