I've been living under a rock. Maybe you have been too, be it from playing an MMO for years on end, or specializing in only one field of study, like comic books. So I need your help! This guide has a single purpose: To enable a person that's been living under a rock to be on a heightened level of conversation about a random topic.
We do this by ranking topics by their popularity. This guide is meant for the U.S. populace. If a topic has a ranking of 0, it is unavoidable in knowing it (not exactly talking about it though), like water and bread, or so commonplace that it is impossible to ignore without actively ignoring it, like soda drinks or chips. You should try your best to experience all the topics ranked 1 first, and so on.
The topics currently have the following criteria
-A random person is most likely to talk about this subject.
-Topics should be ranked with no regard to actual intellectual value. It's the viewer's choice on whether he wants to further study a particular topic.
Now I don't claim to actually know the correct order in which these topics go, and that's why I'm asking for help.
Food and Drink-
0. Water, the basic 5 food groups, Pizza, Fast Food, Junk Food (Candy, Chips, Soda)
1. Coffee, Alcoholic Beverages
2. Sushi (Not widely used, but highly conversed about), Healthy Diets, Individual Cheeses/Chocolates/Breads/Fruits/Vegetables/Meats , Cooking Recipes
0. Digestion, Sleep, Work/School
3. Exercise and Gym, Marijuana, Local Areas of Interest, Alcohol
0. The News.
1. Family Guy,The Simpsons ,Breaking Bad, Parks and Recreations,American Idol, Glee, Reality TV (difficult for me to tier because I really don't know)
1. Comic Book Movies, Twilight, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings ,Star Wars
2. Titanic, Back to the Future
3. Any of AFI's highly overrated classics.
0. Kid songs, National Anthem, Holiday Jingles
1. Classic Rock (Metallica/GunsNRoses/Queen)
2. Pop (Ke$ha, Michael Jackson)
3. Rap (Nicki Minaj, 50 Cent)
0. Mathematics, English
1. US History
4. Politics, Religion
5. Cars, Zombies, Clothing Apparel
6. Nature, Guns
1. Harry Potter. The Jist of the Bible.
1. Texas Hold'em, King's Cup, Angry Birds, Chess, Monopoly
2. Call of Duty