• 52 results
#1 Edited by Rorie (3117 posts) -
This pup wants to celebrate your success

Hey, would anyone like to help us make some YouTube channel art for our page? I've been meaning to get something nice done for a while, and I know there are plenty of artists around here who might have some good ideas.

Google has a whole document about how to make this over here. Basically, it needs to be 2560 x 1440 px. So, very big. That’s to ensure that it looks nice on TVs, tablets, desktops, mobile, landlines, fax, and telegrams. As you can see from the requirements, the most important part of the image is the very center, which has a resolution of 1546x423. That’s where we’d want to have the GB logo, obviously.

Apart from that? Go crazy! Make it look good, but feel free to use whatever images you want to help express Giant Bomb as a vital and synergistic brand for fashion-forward Millenial twivloggers, our largest market segment.

Or, do something stupid. We currently have the full Space Lincoln/Luchadeer image as the file, but as you can see, it crops pretty weirdly. We’d like to get something on the page that looks nice and is funny. Just keep in mind that the Youtube channel is one of the ways that we want to draw people into Giant Bomb, rather than simply making it a place where people who already know about GB go to watch videos. So don’t assume that people who go there are going to be familiar with the faces of Jeff and Vinny and Brad, etc. Better to do something goofy that will be appealing to general fans of gaming, I guess, without using any copyrighted images or figures or etc.

Beyond that, I’m not an artist! Do something crazy and funny that makes you and me and everyone else laugh. We’ll laugh all the way to the bank.

We’ll be taking candidates in this thread for the next two weeks (i.e. we’ll end on August 13). I can’t offer much in the way of recompense, alas, but I’ll try to make sure that whoever winds up making the art that we run with will get something to be determined later. And note that this isn’t going to be a community voting thing; we’ll pass the entries around internally and pick out what we like the best.

Let me know if you have any questions!

#2 Posted by jimmyfenix (3858 posts) -

Challenge accepted

#3 Posted by Yummylee (22066 posts) -

Rorie, you came to the right place.

#4 Edited by csl316 (8984 posts) -

2Human kept me coming back to this site. So someone should use that for inspiration.

#5 Edited by Zacagawea (1600 posts) -

I'm glad somebody is taking care of that thing finally! The channel feels like a missed opportunity.

#6 Posted by falserelic (5468 posts) -

I wish I can make magic, but I can't.

Hopefully some talented GB users will divide and conquer.

#7 Edited by VitaminWaterYum (381 posts) -

Hey Rorie, is there any way to get a higher resolution version of the GB logo?

#8 Edited by NoRemnants (384 posts) -

@vitaminwateryum: Send a message to Alexis. I'm sure he could hook you up. You'd probably get a quicker response if you do it on Twitter.

#9 Posted by VitaminWaterYum (381 posts) -

@vitaminwateryum: Send a message to Alexis. I'm sure he could hook you up. You'd probably get a quicker response if you do it on Twitter.

I was actually able to find one here. More than large enough resolution wise and still high quality.

#10 Posted by bkbroiler (1636 posts) -

@noremnants said:

I was actually able to find one here. More than large enough resolution wise and still high quality.

Dang, that bomb sure is excited to blow up.

#11 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Wow this is awesome! Im surprised no one has posted their Paint submissions here yet. Im going to beat all of you to it.

#12 Edited by Coafi (1490 posts) -

I'll try to make a funky submission, can we include pugs in our banner?

#13 Posted by Siphillis (1296 posts) -

I'm all in for the "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish" pictures floating around.

#14 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1407 posts) -

Can't wait to see what the community makes :p Always loved all the banners made during E3 and am sure this is going to surpass it

#15 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5807 posts) -

I'm sure it won't take long. The GB community has some pretty talented people.

#16 Posted by pyromagnestir (4327 posts) -

The fuck? Where are all the dumb pictures at? Oh, and the good ones too?

#17 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

#18 Posted by benpicko (2011 posts) -
#19 Edited by Hamst3r (4523 posts) -

@rorie What's the name of the Giant Bomb logo font?

#20 Posted by benpicko (2011 posts) -

@hamst3r said:

@rorie What's the name of the Giant Bomb logo font?

Grilled Cheese or something like that

#21 Posted by Hamst3r (4523 posts) -
#22 Edited by Hamst3r (4523 posts) -

So, I was trying to think up something really dumb and this is the first thing that came to mind:

skull-and-cross-chainsaws-dove-explosion

Even if that's nowhere near what you wanted, I had fun making it and am now using it as my profile header. :D

It might also be possible to crowd it with more dumb things - perhaps guns, arcade machines, "space invader" looking things, a shark, a pomeranian...

Oh and I ended up not using the GB font, because I liked the spikiness of this one.

edit: If someone had a 3D model of an angry bomb...

#23 Posted by Coafi (1490 posts) -

@hamst3r: Dude, that's fantastic! applause.gif

#24 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5807 posts) -
#25 Posted by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -

@hamst3r: Well, I have a new desktop background, anyway.

#26 Edited by BigJeffrey (5078 posts) -

I was going to make one but then i was to lazy and will probably never do, glad to see the artist of Giant Bomb coming out. Well, 1 so far.

#28 Posted by Hamst3r (4523 posts) -
#29 Posted by Wacomole (830 posts) -

I've got a crazy few weeks ahead, so not sure I'll be able to submit anything. But good luck to those who do.

I look forward to the awesomeness that will no doubt ensue.

#30 Edited by Coafi (1490 posts) -
#31 Posted by Fobwashed (2119 posts) -

@hamst3r said:

So, I was trying to think up something really dumb and this is the first thing that came to mind:

Even if that's nowhere near what you wanted, I had fun making it and am now using it as my profile header. :D

It might also be possible to crowd it with more dumb things - perhaps guns, arcade machines, "space invader" looking things, a shark, a pomeranian...

Oh and I ended up not using the GB font, because I liked the spikiness of this one.

This is pretty damn fantastic. Only suggestion I could make would be to replace that skull with a bomb. Good show.

#32 Edited by gaminginpublic (114 posts) -

It looks cool, but the skull isn't really relevant to anything related to Giant Bomb. It's just a bit of an unnecessary cliche. Replace it with a 3D version of their bomb.

#33 Posted by Warchief (658 posts) -

@hamst3r said:

Love it! but as others have said, perhaps but the bomb logo in the middle.

#34 Posted by Hamst3r (4523 posts) -

@warchief: @gaminginpublic: @fobwashed: As stated in my earlier post, "If someone had a 3D model of an angry bomb..." ;D

I'm not a 3D artist, so I can't model a bomb with a face. Does anyone remember who it was that did that super-creepy 3D bomb animation?

#35 Edited by Warchief (658 posts) -
#36 Edited by Hamst3r (4523 posts) -
#37 Posted by spookytapes (264 posts) -

I started on some but don't feel good about it yet. Maybe later.

#38 Posted by Hamst3r (4523 posts) -

@hamst3r said:

@warchief: @gaminginpublic: @fobwashed: As stated in my earlier post, "If someone had a 3D model of an angry bomb..." ;D

I'm not a 3D artist, so I can't model a bomb with a face. Does anyone remember who it was that did that super-creepy 3D bomb animation?

ALRIGHT. HERE WE GO! Thanks @jan for his terrifying bomb nightmare which has now been integrated into the picture in place of the skull:

#39 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5807 posts) -

@hamst3r said:

@hamst3r said:

ALRIGHT. HERE WE GO! Thanks @jan for his terrifying bomb nightmare which has now been integrated into the picture in place of the skull:

That's so fucking beautiful. Great job duder!

#40 Posted by Fobwashed (2119 posts) -
#41 Edited by Warchief (658 posts) -

perfect!

#42 Posted by Y2Ken (1183 posts) -

I love where this has gone. It's fantastic.

#43 Posted by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

@hamst3r: You're the kind of person who deserves daily blowjobs.

#44 Edited by Heartagram (1182 posts) -

This is fantastic!

#45 Edited by matsemann08 (32 posts) -
#46 Posted by DutchMeat (64 posts) -

Freakin' incredible!

#47 Posted by Jan (161 posts) -

I really like it! Looks so cool!

#48 Posted by NicksCorner (419 posts) -

Revised edition is perfect, great job!

#49 Edited by SpartanHoplite (388 posts) -

@hamst3r:

Could someone explain to me why the channel trailer won't always appear. When i am logged in, it appears for me, but if i log out, it won't. If i go to my youtube channel from another pc without logging in, it just throws me in the browse page without any channel trailer. It says the channel trailer is for people who have not subscribed to you, so, shouldn't it show up for me when i log out.

I've noticed that the video which i put as channel trailer, it gets more views since its the first video people see.But it is very confusing for me that why i cannot see it whenever i log out?

How do you guys see your channel when you log out?

#50 Posted by Hamst3r (4523 posts) -

@spartanhoplite: I recall the non-subscriber trailer taking at least an hour to activate the first time, so set it and then wait a while to see what happens. If you've already done that, then I dunno. :)