• 84 results
Posted by Alex (1969 posts) -
May your 2013 be properly hunked.

We here at Giant Bomb hope you had yourselves a fun, safe, hopefully video game filled holiday break, and that during the break, you were able to check out our myriad features pertaining to the best (and occasionally worst) games of the 2012. But just in case you missed out on a few of 'em, we thought we'd collect every single piece of GOTY content we produced this year and link them right here, for your convenience. We do this because we're really very nice gentlemen, considerate of your feelings and your time. All that asshole bluster you see in our videos every week? All for show. Deep down, we're all super sweet.

Well, except for Ryan, but you probably already knew that.

Anyhoo, enjoy the content, if you haven't already!

The Videos

Game of the Year Recaps

Staff Top Ten Lists

Special Guest Top Ten Lists

The Text Features

Awards Recaps

(Non-Video) Special Guest Top Ten Lists

The Deliberation Podcasts

Jeff Gerstmann's Disappointed Face, Forever

(GIF courtesy of @thabigred)

Staff
#1 Posted by Alex (1969 posts) -
May your 2013 be properly hunked.

We here at Giant Bomb hope you had yourselves a fun, safe, hopefully video game filled holiday break, and that during the break, you were able to check out our myriad features pertaining to the best (and occasionally worst) games of the 2012. But just in case you missed out on a few of 'em, we thought we'd collect every single piece of GOTY content we produced this year and link them right here, for your convenience. We do this because we're really very nice gentlemen, considerate of your feelings and your time. All that asshole bluster you see in our videos every week? All for show. Deep down, we're all super sweet.

Well, except for Ryan, but you probably already knew that.

Anyhoo, enjoy the content, if you haven't already!

The Videos

Game of the Year Recaps

Staff Top Ten Lists

Special Guest Top Ten Lists

The Text Features

Awards Recaps

(Non-Video) Special Guest Top Ten Lists

The Deliberation Podcasts

Jeff Gerstmann's Disappointed Face, Forever

(GIF courtesy of

Staff
#2 Posted by CaLe (3910 posts) -

Good

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11695 posts) -

:O

#4 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I just realized Patrick has no jawline. It's just like, cheeks, chin... neck.

#5 Posted by Winternet (8005 posts) -

All of that and more.

#6 Posted by bassman2112 (819 posts) -

Fantastic

I'd actually missed that Will Smith even did a top 10, glad he could take some time away from marketing After Earth to get a list in!!

#7 Posted by MorkaiTheWolf (185 posts) -

The face at the end just made me laugh a little too loud at work. Awesome sauce.

#8 Posted by graboids (205 posts) -

all the GOTY stuff was awesome this year, loved the show parodies, and the millions of hours of podcasts... maybe I just have no life but I was left wanting even more. Bring on 2013.

#9 Posted by ErEl (142 posts) -

Well that's pretty handy.

#10 Posted by Ravelle (1188 posts) -

More of those Gifs please haha, priceless!

#11 Posted by Albedo12 (64 posts) -

Well done, guys! But seriously, no "Twilight Zone" parody?

#12 Posted by MrCaptain (364 posts) -

Nice, I just realized i havent heard all of the podcasts, how did this happen?

#13 Posted by xupahdupah (12 posts) -

This is incredibly helpful.

#14 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5376 posts) -

Now I can delete all those bookmarks I have and just use one. Thanks!

#15 Posted by Video_Game_King (35995 posts) -

I was hoping you'd literally copy/pasted all the content in one place, like some insane madman.

#16 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Nice though still disappointed that Dave didn't get a video or at least a top 5 (or 10) list up for this year. Know he's been busy but still missed seeing his favorites this year.

#17 Posted by pancakehumper (223 posts) -

These are still funny when viewed multiple times. CollectSHUN and The Workplace were perfect.

#18 Posted by Winternet (8005 posts) -

Also, a great excuse to have Brad's amazing :o face in the homepage.

#19 Posted by Gaff (1650 posts) -

I wish there were some outtakes :(

#20 Posted by Mijati (884 posts) -

This'll be useful for next week when I finally have some usable internet to obtain all content I missed.

Cheers!

#21 Posted by zaglis (909 posts) -

Lack of Erik Wolpaw's top10 list makes me sad :(

#22 Posted by vorpalparasite (274 posts) -

Love the gif

#23 Posted by Draxyle (1791 posts) -

@fox01313 said:

Nice though still disappointed that Dave didn't get a video or at least a top 5 (or 10) list up for this year. Know he's been busy but still missed seeing his favorites this year.

Indeed. My tastes usually line up more with him than anyone else, so it would have been nice to see. Though it wouldn't mean much if he hadn't actually been able to play anything this year.

#24 Posted by Paindamnation (786 posts) -

@Winternet said:

Also, a great excuse to have Brad's amazing :o face in the homepage.

Don't you go judging the private eye! He works homicide!

#25 Posted by SeanFoster (855 posts) -

@Draxyle said:

@fox01313 said:

Indeed. My tastes usually line up more with him than anyone else, so it would have been nice to see. Though it wouldn't mean much if he hadn't actually been able to play anything this year.

I want the new site to launch as smoothly as possible so Dave can get back to Flight Clubs, Random PC games and the return of the Eastern Bloc Game of the Year category in the 2013 game of the year awards.

#26 Posted by Fistfulofmetal (678 posts) -

I'm glad Jeff had the foresight to suggest doing this.

#27 Posted by Benny (1947 posts) -

@Napalm said:

I just realized Patrick has no jawline. It's just like, cheeks, chin... neck.

That's what hunk does to a man.

#28 Posted by Mezmero (1792 posts) -

Let's go, Butt Face.

#29 Posted by zkillz (93 posts) -

GOTY Feature this year was god damn amazing, every one of those parodies was spot on, though i felt like collectSHUN was maybe a little to real. JEFF WHY DO YOU HAVE 3 COPIES OF SAMURAI SHOWDOWN.

#30 Posted by Aegon (5401 posts) -

Someone make a eucalyptus fueled pod racer gif!

#31 Posted by Atom (195 posts) -

I'll definitely rewatch the fake tv shows, but I'll skip the gameplay parts. I'm just tired of watching those games...

#32 Posted by Bistromath (585 posts) -

Welcome, to the CBS family.

#33 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Where da JV at?

#34 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1698 posts) -

Very handy.

#35 Posted by Mezmero (1792 posts) -

Are there any plans for a full listing of cast and credits for the recap videos? I figure there are only like 7 or 8 names that fill all the key roles but a precise run down would be nice. The whole production was so good that I think everyone involved should get theirs. In association with CBS Interactive. A Vincent Caravella film...

#36 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1188 posts) -

Great to see all of the awesome content compiled into one single area. Hopefully the audio at the end of Day Four Recap was fixed.

#37 Posted by MeatSim (10763 posts) -

I need more Gifs, especially more of The RAP Man.

#38 Posted by Foggen (836 posts) -

Holy shit these show segments are amazing.

#39 Posted by KlUMZeE (315 posts) -

Amazing job guys, loved every minute of it

@Gaff said:

I wish there were some outtakes :(

OMG that would be amazing! If you guys have any outtakes, please post them!

#40 Posted by hanktherapper (374 posts) -

David Jaffe's daughter declaring she is seven is the video highlight of the year.

#41 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Dunk

#42 Posted by csl316 (8106 posts) -

You're my nightmare.

#43 Posted by dr_mantas (1792 posts) -

Good. It's really hard to find stuff for previous years, because it's so divided into different articles/videos/bombcasts.

#44 Posted by CharAznable (776 posts) -

Yo, can we all stop and give some love to Vinny, Drew, and all the crew who put these videos together? They did an amazing job, and were clearly busting their asses behind the scenes for weeks to get this stuff up. Well done.

#45 Posted by WulfBane (189 posts) -

Just disappointed that they couldn't find some way to have a constant thru line of Ryan saying or referencing his desire for Jeff to not have his way as presented in "The Workplace". I'm sure I saw a moment where it could have come up in all of them.

#46 Edited by Fattony12000 (7040 posts) -

@Vinny: @Brad: @Ryan: @drewbert: @patrickklepek: @snide:

Bravo to each and every one of you guys for doing this, it was damn good fun! As well as also being a bit interesting on the subject of which video games were good in 2012, I suppose.

@Foggen: @Atom: @zkillz: @pancakehumper:

I've been cutting together just the skit bits from these videos for us duders to watch at our leisure. Here's the first two parts right here! Right now!

#47 Edited by ashton (310 posts) -

You could pick any one of those spoof shows to continue on with and it would be incredible! Honestly, I've always loved these guys (back at gamespot to arrow pointing down :) to what this site has become). Quite frankly I cant imagine a world in which we didn't have Giant Bomb. The personal touch to everything these guys do it what keeps me here and will continue to do so! I would watch (and pay for) a webisode series for any of those shows (particularly liked Roomies and the Cop Show). Anyways enough gushing over this site. Best of luck to the crew in 2013 and keep the good times coming!

#48 Posted by rmanthorp (3873 posts) -

Great job all!!

#49 Posted by punkxblaze (2957 posts) -

GET HUNK MOTHERFUCKERS.

#50 Posted by Legion_ (1256 posts) -

Well F me in the A. Made a huge thread with everything GOTY long before this one turned up. I feel empty now.