#1 Edited by vegetashonor (594 posts) -

YOU!!! YES YOU ungrateful Giantbomb user! You know who you are! To the ones that love this, I'm right with you friends! I mean, this is what we constantly asked for, MORE WEEKLY SHOWS! I was reading through the comments on the video and MAN! You guys gotta chill out. I am very happy and excited to have another show to look forward to! Sorry about the rant Duders!

SHRINK SHACK!!!

#2 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

Already a thread discussing the show here. Not to mention the comment section of the video itself.

#3 Edited by jking47 (1210 posts) -

Say what you want but the show was not perfect by any means, it had things wrong with it. And did this really need a new thread?

#4 Posted by Nightriff (5037 posts) -

To say we are the only problem with it is crazy, in the future it could be a great feature and one I look foreword too but that was a poor first step in my mind, and no users affected the way I feel, I never pay attention to the chat unless it is during a RPCG

#5 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3231 posts) -

I'm with you.

#6 Edited by mrfluke (5131 posts) -

@jking47 said:

Say what you want but the show was not perfect by any means, it had things wrong with it. And did this really need a new thread?

To say we are the only problem with it is crazy, in the future it could be a great feature and one I look foreword too but that was a poor first step in my mind, and no users affected the way I feel,

#7 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

Alright I totally wasn't expecting that. Good show.

No pun intended.

#8 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

It's fine, I just found it kinda boring. If people like it, great, I just can't sit through 2 hours of that.

#9 Posted by Pr1mus (3876 posts) -

I think you mean Shrink Shaq.

#10 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

Quality over quantity asshole

#11 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

@jams said:

ya, lets abandon a pretty decent idea because its not perfect the first time. great logic.

#12 Edited by wemibelec90 (1632 posts) -

Personally, I'm all for less live shows. I was fine with just TNT and the Friday show. It's already several hours of content to consume a week (adding in Quick Looks or even the Bombcast). I have a hard enough time getting through all that every week...

I'm not saying anything about the quality of the new show, especially since I haven't seen it. I just don't really see the need for another show.

#13 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2530 posts) -

I liked "wrap room"...

#14 Posted by Milkman (16696 posts) -

I agree that the show was good but this thread is dumb.

#15 Edited by ShaggE (6429 posts) -

@selfconfessedcynic said:

I liked "wrap room"...

Ahem... "Wrap Wroom".

Also, Shrimp Shrack.

Also also, this show won't be perfect until they go ahead and name it "That's A Ratio" (and on alternating weeks, "That's Horatio".)

#16 Edited by Azurath (299 posts) -

I have an irrational fear. I am afraid that one day all the things I love will be popular, and therefore I will no longer be different. The things that I love, that helped mold me and make me different from everyone else, all at some time in their life became popular.

Anime, video games, comics. They all had a popularity spike at one point or another. I slowly learned that regardless of how many people like something, it doesn't matter, because the people behind them were huge fans like me. They wouldn't cater to the mainstream for long, so the mainstream eventually left. The product remained unchanged, and the thing I enjoyed so much remained.

Why am I telling you this? Well, my knee jerk reaction was that GB x GS would mean that these alien journalist, who I shunned due to their sites popularity, would make GB a mainstream thing. I didn't want that, so I automatically hated the idea of the show. I guess it was a resurgence of my old fears, my old hipster ways came back to haunt me.

Then I watched the show and realized it was really funny, and had some great points. It needs work, but I think a lot of people had a similar reaction to it as I. The thought of it overall changing GB scared them away. Fact is, that's nonsense, and I think we all should give the show a chance.

/rant

#17 Posted by JasonR86 (9659 posts) -

Neither side, and those inbetween, aren't wrong. It's all opinion baby.

#18 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2247 posts) -

@vegetashonor: VIDEO GAME VILLAGE! also I couldn't care less what Giantbomb does pn camera. The more content the better!

#19 Edited by TheHBK (5475 posts) -

Its the Rap Room.

#20 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

@jams said:

ya, lets abandon a pretty decent idea because its not perfect the first time. great logic.

I don't like being called ungrateful for not liking a segment and that I should just shut up and be happy. I'd much rather they kept up with random ass pc game or any other show they've done before than have a show that kind of goes against what they wanted in giant bomb (which is not to cover everything but what they want to cover). Watching the stupid naruto shit and baseball was terrible to sit through. And I shouldn't be shamed because I don't like the idea of the show by people like the op. I wouldn't mind if they tried again, but if they keep it just like the last show then I don't think I'll ever get used to it and I'll probably just skip the Wednesday live shows all together.

#21 Posted by zenmastah (895 posts) -

Id watch GB versus GS kinect bowling next week..