Hey all, which steam pack should i get?

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deusdigit

I am on a budget but i know i want a new video game or video games if you will. Which one of the following packs sounds like the best deal? 

Quake Collection is only $29.99 but  doesn't include quake 4, not that it bothers me. 

Unreal Deal pack is only $16.00. 

Freedom Force Freedom pack is only $7.49 

however, if those packs don't sound good, i noticed i can spend around $30.00 and i've seen indigo prophecy, knights of the old republic, deus ex game of the year for about $10.00 each. Whats your opinion, by the way the unreal deal pack is only $16.00 until tomorrow, so they say...
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

Personally I would choose the Unreal Deal, KoToR or Deus Ex GotY edition (assuming that it's the first game, not the shitty sequel).

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deusdigit
@eroticfishcake said:
"Personally I would choose the Unreal Deal, KoToR or Deus Ex GotY edition (assuming that it's the first game, not the shitty sequel). "

yes its the first game. and i want to know something, what does the goty edition add?
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By demontium

steam board? 

and i woild go with unreal or have you seen the infinity engine ultimate pack for $29.99? 

Bgate 1 and 2 with all of the expansions.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheMustacheHero

KOTOR is you've never played it..I recently bought it (I think I borrowed the first one or rented it?) and understand why it's becoming an MMO.

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deusdigit
@TheMustacheHero said:
"KOTOR is you've never played it..I recently bought it (I think I borrowed the first one or rented it?) and understand why it's becoming an MMO. "

i have played kotor on the xbox. but never got the chance to beat it.
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mikemcn
@TheMustacheHero said:
"KOTOR is you've never played it..I recently bought it (I think I borrowed the first one or rented it?) and understand why it's becoming an MMO. "

KOTOR is my favorite game of all time, ive played through it at least 5 times, and that was with it locking up every hour. Its solid, everyone should play it if they can.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake
@deusdigit: I don't think it adds any new content anyway (I've got that copy as well). From my knowledge of the manual and everything it's pretty much the same game with the patches. Don't let that stop you though, it's one of the best games ever made.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond

Did you ever own/play the Quake games, Unreal games, or Deus Ex?

It's hard to say what to recommend if you really haven't played those.  I consider them all absolute must plays.  However it makes me wonder how many other must play games you haven't played...

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deusdigit

i have completed deus ex on ps2 and i have played invisible war on xbox. i owned Quake 1-3 but never played the mission packs. I have played unreal tournament which was the first unreal game i have ever played, Played UT2004 and UT3. never played the expansions. it'd be interesting to purchase a game pack because of the single player content i haven't experienced.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Diamond
@deusdigit: OK that helps.  I owned 1 of the mission packs for Quake, and it kind of sucked.  You'd be better off trying custom maps than the mission packs for the Quake series.  Basically if you feel satisfied with how you played Quake 1-3, don't worry about missing out on the mission packs.  I'm not sure what all extra content you're thinking about with the Unreal games, all of that extra stuff was given away for free over the net, and you can still find those expansions Epic put out.

As far as it goes, unless you want to replay those games, I'd recommend against rebuying them.  If you want to play those again I'd recommend buying them.  I still own my copies, I wouldn't want to get rid of them, they're classics and I still play them from time to time.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By eroticfishcake
@deusdigit said:
" i have completed deus ex on ps2 and i have played invisible war on xbox. i owned Quake 1-3 but never played the mission packs. I have played unreal tournament which was the first unreal game i have ever played, Played UT2004 and UT3. never played the expansions. it'd be interesting to purchase a game pack because of the single player content i haven't experienced. "
In that case try KoToR. Pacing is a little slow for some people but it's immersive.