• 176 results
#151 Posted by TheVideoHustler (404 posts) -

Ryan Davis not only makes some incredible points. But he (and the rest of the GB crew) never fail to deliver such amazing content no matter where they are.

This is just so amazing to watch him own these guys.

#152 Posted by Omega (836 posts) -

When did Gamespot do away with their no cursing policy? Or was there one to begin with? I thought I remembered them not being allowed to curse at Gamespot. I'm not against it or anything it just feels weird Like if your Grandma up and called you a motherfucker out of nowhere.

#153 Posted by DeF (4975 posts) -

"To start this off, you're both idiots!"

Love it :D

Very refreshing to hear Ryan just be completely reasonable and give 'em the business with a big load of common sense. They all know each other too well on the bombcast and arethey're just goofing around so that rarely happens.

@Little_Socrates said:

EDIT: Also, wait, Ryan, Dishonored might not be good? You're killing me! Are Assassin's Creed and Halo gonna really be the games I'm gonna like this holiday? (X-Com looks great, but I have a feeling it's not for me. Gonna play the demo sometime soon.)

Be aware that the XCOM demo is not representative of what the full game is like since it only contains a tiny part of the tutorial missions which includes cinematics and other fluffy stuff that isn't in the main game.

See here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/09/25/some-things-you-should-know-about-the-xcom-demo/

#154 Posted by DeF (4975 posts) -

@Spoonman671 said:

Yo, I'm not going to listen to Tom McShea for an hour.

You only have to listen to him for, like, 20 minutes. The rest is Ryan stomping on him :D

#155 Posted by Hunter5024 (5961 posts) -

There were some parts where Ryan felt meaner than necessary. Maybe the shows designed to work that way though. Why can't everybody just get along! WHY!?

Glad to see someone cutting off some of the crazy valve speculation at the knees though. Like come on guys.

#156 Posted by RPGee (763 posts) -

A theory: Ryan was going for the arsehole approach much like he was going to do with the Cards Against Humanity panel as he described it: he would be the bad guy, and the others would look better and maybe more level-headed as a result. Except it backfired because those other two didn't have good opinions and were too bullheaded about it, and so Ryan gave them the business and that was entertaining as fuck. Either way, glad he shat all over them.

Also, what the hell is with the names they have? "Quoted for Truth" is perhaps the dumbest name they could come up with, especially since it's all about fucking opinions. And the section at the end? Completely unnecessary and arsehole-ish itself in my point of view, and maybe for a terrible ending.

Final thought: if they were ever to bring on a Giant Bomb member, they'd probably assume that Brad would be good because he seems the most mellow and least likely to argue with them. And this would be based on having not listened to the GOTY podcasts, where, when Brad gets passionate, he ALWAYS WINS, because he's right. Almost always, anyway.

#157 Edited by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

That was awesome.

@Hunter5024 said:

There were some parts where Ryan felt meaner than necessary. Maybe the shows designed to work that way though. Why can't everybody just get along! WHY!?

Because Ryan's an asshole. But he also tells it straight up - I received a straight 'NO' answer from him after recently contacting support.

#158 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

This is just gonna escalate.

Mark my words, a year from now we will be watching videos of the Bomb crew beating Gamespot staffers to death with spiked baseball bats.

#159 Edited by BirdkeeperDan (400 posts) -

@algertman said:

@BirdkeeperDan said:

I love it when Ryan said he walks out whenever he is asked if he preordered the game. Would love to more people act sensibly to that rediculous and infuriating question. The other guys in video seemed kindof clueless to me.

If you walk in a Gamestop on release date of a new game you are a idiot if you get offended or pissed at them asking you that question.

Well I'm happy to throw in my lot in with Ryan as opposed to you. I don't think it's idiotic to expect treatment consistent with retail experiences from other industries. A good store would apologize for not having a new release instead I basically get told I'm my fault when it's really their inadequate demand forecasting. Fuck them I haven't been back the release of Tales of Vesperia, but I still get to hear endless stream of complaints leveled at EB games from my friends.

#160 Posted by LikeaSsur (1586 posts) -

@BirdkeeperDan said:

@algertman said:

@BirdkeeperDan said:

I love it when Ryan said he walks out whenever he is asked if he preordered the game. Would love to more people act sensibly to that rediculous and infuriating question. The other guys in video seemed kindof clueless to me.

If you walk in a Gamestop on release date of a new game you are a idiot if you get offended or pissed at them asking you that question.

Well I'm happy to through my lot in with Ryan as opposed to you. I don't think it's idiotic to expect treatment consistent with retail experiences from other industries. A good store would apologize for not having a new release instead I basically get told I'm my fault when it's really their inadequate demand forecasting. Fuck them I haven't been back the release of Tales of Vesperia, but I still get to hear endless stream of complaints leveled at EB games from my friends.

If you knew you were going to get the game on launch day, why didn't you pre-order it?

Also, you have to keep in mind that they do order more than are pre-ordered, but if you're trying to get something like Modern Warfare 3 on day 1 and you didn't pre-order it, yeah, it basically is your fault for thinking a popular title would still be in stock.

I realize they have to keep their customers happy, but they also have to make a profit. Ordering hundreds of copies of every game "just in case" is not very cost-effective. Other industries that sell video games could probably get away with that, sure, because they sell more than just video games.

#161 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

@Aegon said:

Looks like Ryan has some yang to say about Dishonored.

@Undeadpool said:

@TeflonBilly said:

Tom McShea status

[X] Told

[X] Bitch made and told

[X] BAH GAWD! IT'S STONE TOLD STEVE AUSTIN

Oooooh, that third one is making me throw up from laughter a little bit.

Other than a Stone Cold Steve Austin reference, I don't get it.

It's a joke from the interwebs. Reddit is the only place I've seen it, but it may have originated from somewhere else.

[X] Told

[X] Really Told

[X] TOLDASAURUS REX

[X] Cash4told.com

[X] No country for told men

[X] Knights of the told Republic

[X] ToldSpice

[x] The Elder Tolds IV: Oblivious

[x] Command & Conquer: Toldberian Sun

[x] GuiTold Hero: World Told

[X] Told King of Boletaria

[x] Countold Strike

[x] Unreal Toldament

[x] Stone-told Steve Austin

[X] Half Life 2: Episode Told

[x] World of Warcraft: Catoldclysm

[X] Roller Coaster Toldcoon

[x] Assassin's Creed: Tolderhood

[x] Battletolds

[x] S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shatold of Chernobyl

[X] Toldasauraus Rex 2: Electric Toldaloo

[x] Told of Duty 4: Modern Toldfare

[X] Pokemon Told and Silver

[x] The Legend of Eldorado : The Lost City of Told

[X] Rampage: Toldal Destruction

[x] Told Fortress Classic

[x] Toldman: Arkham Told

[X] The Good, The Bad, and The Told

[x] Super Mario SunTold

[x] Legend of Zelda: Toldacarnia of Time

[X] Toldstone creamery

[x] Mario Golf: Toldstool Tour

[X] Super Told Boy

[X] Left 4 Told

[X] Battoldfield: Bad Company 2

[x] Toldman Sachs

[X] Conker's Bad Fur Day: Live and Retolded

[x] Lead and Told: Gangs of the Wild West

[x] Portold 2

[x] Avatold: The Last Airbender

[X] Dragon Ball Z Toldkaichi Budokai

[x] Toldcraft II: Tolds of Toldberty

[x] Leo Toldstoy

[x] Metal Gear Toldid 3: Snake Eater

[X] 3D Dot Told Heroes

[x] J.R.R Toldkien's Lord of the Told

[x] Told you that ps3 has no games

[X] LitTOLD Big Planet

[x] Rome: Toldal War

[x] Gran Toldrismo 5

[x] Told Calibur 4

[x] Told Fortress 2

[x] Castlevania: RonTold of Blood

[x] Guilty Gear XX Accent Told

[x] Cyndaquil, Chicorita, and Toldodile

[x] was foretold

[x] demon's told

[x] http//:www.youtold.com

[x] Tolden Sun: Dark Dawn

[x] Tic-Tac-Told

[X] Biotold 2

[X] Toldbound

[x] icetold

[x] Told of the Rings

#162 Posted by Humanity (10060 posts) -

@MattyFTM: Oh a bad joke from Reddit, this is not too surprising.

#163 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@MattyFTM: It's from Reddit?! EW! Forget I ever did it then. It's an old joke on a wrestling forum I go to.

*Goes to shower off*

#164 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

I avoid the whole Gamestop pre-order question by never setting foot in a Gamestop.

Seriously, I feel suuuuuuuper creepy about just walking into one of those things, even if I could probably identify with and be friends with some of the people working/shopping there. But fuck if I'm going to spend $3 less than retail price buying a multi year old copy of an obscure GBA game used. That's the kind of stuff that makes me walk out.

#165 Edited by BirdkeeperDan (400 posts) -

@LikeaSsur: The deals with publishers aren't always cash up front. So ordering too many doesn't necessarily have to be a problem. Regardless though I don't really have any sympathy for Gamestop because other stores do actually behave as I described apologizing for their inability to stock a product. Hell rental stores used to give you something of monetary value if they didn't have a new release. Why should I accept worse treatment?

I don't preorder because I value being able to read reviews and change my mind. (Reviews were already out in Japan for Tales of Vesperia)

#166 Posted by JasonR86 (9724 posts) -

I love how Ryan came in there like a tornado and tore that shit up.

#167 Posted by HerbieBug (4208 posts) -

@A_Talking_Donkey said:

@HerbieBug said:

"taking advantage of fandom"

What? How? What is that man even trying to say? What does that mean?

That because people are already fans they'll be willing to invest more. It's brand name recognition.

Caveat emptor.

#168 Posted by Matt_F606 (319 posts) -

I think Ryan was spot on with the steam streaming box. It makes a lot of sense, I evan watched that video by streaming it from my mac to the Apple TV. The game stores pre-order stuff stinks. I usually go online or to a regular store (Walmart etc...). I bought BL2 in GAME though and the guy was practically trying to scare me into pre-ordering Halo and AC3. Apparently I'll never get a copy if I don't pre-order! Told him I'd risk it.

#169 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6402 posts) -

Jesus, Ryan is on fire. You don't see him go full on "debate mode" very often with the Giant Bomb guys, for whatever reason. Excellent listen.

EDIT: When did Gamespot suddenly gain the ability to curse in videos? Have they always been allowed to do that and I just forgot?

#170 Posted by ToTheNines (830 posts) -

Tom told him to be that role, so Ryan accepted. Lol people are making this out to be more than it really is. Good listen though.

#171 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1092 posts) -

I remember Tom did ask for it. Also Ryan said that he's gonna tear them a new asshole way before the podcast on twitter lol.

#172 Posted by pweidman (2362 posts) -

Aside from the guys supposedly having Ryan, the cocky self-absorbed bastard that he is :P, on as the 'foil', I'm gonna say he made no friends there. Very entertaining listen nonetheless. Thanks for the linky tc.

#173 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

I know this is a month old but I just watched it and wanted to say that I loved watching Ryan calling them out on the bullshit they were saying, it was pretty damn satisfying! Also, did anyone else notice how people were complaining about him because he was "being a jerk" and that the video should be "rated NSFW and that Ryan should stop swearing so much". What's their deal, huh? :P

#174 Posted by Belialjtg87 (40 posts) -

I'm just ecstatic that someone put that rat toothed McShea under the fucking floor. I would adore Van Ord's gameplay podcast if it weren't for McShea. Damn, I don't like that guy.

Thank you so much Ryan. Do it again, just don't let the rage consume you, :).

#175 Posted by big_jon (5782 posts) -

Ryan is so good at giving people shit, my friend knows that first hand.

#176 Posted by Crysack (348 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

@Aegon said:

Looks like Ryan has some yang to say about Dishonored.

@Undeadpool said:

@TeflonBilly said:

Tom McShea status

[X] Told

[X] Bitch made and told

[X] BAH GAWD! IT'S STONE TOLD STEVE AUSTIN

Oooooh, that third one is making me throw up from laughter a little bit.

Other than a Stone Cold Steve Austin reference, I don't get it.

It's a joke from the interwebs. Reddit is the only place I've seen it, but it may have originated from somewhere else.

Like most things on Reddit, it originated on 4chan.