• 83 results
#1 Edited by xbenblasterx (11 posts) -

Okay I'm almost at a loss here I've been trying to find an active and level headed games forum as well community is half the enjoyment of video games is it not? It is the interactive medium after all! Well having tried generating good discussion on a few sites, Videogamer, Polygon to name a few I'm still yet to find one I'd say is fully active! I've been a big listner to Giantbomb for a while now but never really engaged in the site a whold lot since they don't usually have all the latest news?!

But maybe that's changed recently?! So c'mon guys whats thiz place like is it worth sticking around, have I finally found a stand up gaming community?

Cheers

Xbenblasterx

#2 Posted by BisonHero (6507 posts) -

Yep, this is the place. Enjoy your stay in gaming nirvana.

#3 Edited by TehBuLL (609 posts) -

Keep using those z's...there be bullets on this block.

#4 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (5013 posts) -

#5 Edited by MEATBALL (3235 posts) -

Username needs more x's. Also, welcome. I don't know how active, or level headed this place is, but I think it's a fun place to post and pretty much all of the regulars are good peoples.

#6 Posted by punkxblaze (2984 posts) -

That depends. Are you a cop? You gotta tell us if you're a cop.

#7 Edited by Christoffer (1816 posts) -

As you probably already know it's a small crew running the site. So you wont get every litte detail about every little news story around here. The main goal is more entertainment rather than information. But it's a good place for discussion about games and, sometimes, not games.

Welcome

(Edit: I'm sorry. One of the main goals is off course the Wiki database, which is nothing but cold hard information.)

#8 Edited by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Welcome to the site

#9 Posted by Gatehouse (623 posts) -

Welcome duder, you came to the right place. Settle down by the campfire and listen how the wonderful products of VinnCo will change your life.

#10 Posted by Fattony12000 (7404 posts) -

#11 Posted by Scampbell (497 posts) -

Man, that is priceless. And so true.

#12 Edited by RonGalaxy (3165 posts) -

There is definitely many a dumb argument to be had here, but it feels more like arguing with a family member rather than a random internet person. And it's all because of the Bombsquad. We're all here because of them and what they do, so that commonality shapes the forum.

We could all have completely different tastes in games, politics, whatever, but our love for this site and, most importantly, the people who run it brings us together, puts us on common ground, and sets the overall tone for what goes on here.

The Mods are another reason for this forums strength. They share the same love for the site, and they all come across as people, rather than the familiar comment deleting drones of other sites. They are also completely fair.

#13 Posted by TobbRobb (4639 posts) -

What are all these kids doing on my lawn? Get off my lawn dammit!

#14 Posted by RawknRo11a (563 posts) -

I was with you till you spelled "this" with a Z. Eh, who cares, no one's perfect. Welcome to Giant Bomb.

#15 Posted by xbenblasterx (11 posts) -

Haha, brilliant I'm liking the place already! When does the talking about games happen though?

#16 Posted by Baillie (4157 posts) -

#17 Posted by Dark (379 posts) -
#18 Posted by Gatehouse (623 posts) -

@dark said:

@baillie said:

Never?

Hey, we're gonna play some Mario Kart, do you wanna come along?

#19 Posted by believer258 (11895 posts) -

Haha, brilliant I'm liking the place already! When does the talking about games happen though?

Look on the forums page, there are some subjects for you to talk about. Or, come up with a subject to discuss and post a thread on it.

#20 Posted by madman356647 (265 posts) -

@dark said:

@baillie said:

Never?

NEVER!

#21 Edited by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

Talk about what? Video games? Take that crap elsewhere, we have no place for it here...

Or you can go check out the rest of the forums, they're pretty up to date and active and it's a great community who love to have a laugh and joke whilst talking about the latest news...if that's what you're into...sicko.

#22 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Video games? I don't know what the fuck those are, but they sound like shit.

#23 Edited by Missacre (566 posts) -

Yeah, this place is OK, just don't dare have an opinion different from everyone else's, they'll let you know when you're wrong. Other than that, welcome, I guess.

#24 Posted by LackingSaint (1811 posts) -

What kind of nerd are you?

#25 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

Polygon? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But yeah welcome to the Mass Effect fan forum^^

#26 Edited by jimmyfenix (3854 posts) -

Ouya or die. Welcome aboard !

#27 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

The people here have no idea what good games are, and take everything super serious. They spend more time arguing than playing games.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

#28 Edited by Nictel (2412 posts) -
#29 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

I only have like 300 or so post so Im pretty sure I am the authority on this site....ah shit idk...its iight!

#30 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3362 posts) -
#31 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

Rarely.

#32 Edited by natedynamic (65 posts) -

I'm also really new. I've posted on a few threads, but not actually introduced myself.

So... Hi. :)

I'll introduce myself on a proper topic at some point, maybe. I'm super mysterious like that.

#33 Posted by Random45 (1195 posts) -

Don't say anything negative at all about the GB crew or else your thread will be locked down and you might get suspended.

The mods sometimes have a stick up their ass, but I suppose that's why this place is as tame as it is.

Enjoy your stay.

#34 Posted by wjb (1661 posts) -

Even at our worst, we're still better than most.

#35 Posted by CornBREDX (5255 posts) -

I don't want whatever it is you're selling.

#36 Edited by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

@gatehouse said:

@dark said:

@baillie said:

Never?

NEVER!

I don't get the reference, care to enlighten me?

#37 Posted by Sgtpierceface (624 posts) -
#38 Posted by csl316 (8646 posts) -

GB has ALL the news.

On the podcasts, anyway.

#39 Posted by Demoskinos (14822 posts) -

Giantbomb your number one source for naked anime pussy and generally level headed game conversation. Welcome aboard.

#40 Posted by laserguy (443 posts) -

Yeha I like fudge. Please call Vinny if you have questions.

#41 Posted by cloudymusic (1109 posts) -

@ninjaberd said:

#42 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

It's seen better days.

#43 Posted by Shortbreadtom (777 posts) -

@wjb: GiantBomb slogan right there.

#44 Posted by weegieanawrench (1939 posts) -

Welcome to the family, put up your feet duder. In no time at all, you'll forget about those other forums and soon you'll feel like million bucks.

#45 Posted by GiantLizardKing (446 posts) -

Giantbomb is the XshizzX. I listened to the bombcast for years (highly recommended if you want to understand some of the references around here) but never participated in the boards until recently. 10/10 would participate again.

#46 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

Level headed? Yes! Yes, of course. Certainly. That. <__<

#47 Edited by madman356647 (265 posts) -

@ninjaberd said:

Basically, that. Also, many other Bombcast gems out there to be found.

#48 Posted by natedynamic (65 posts) -

@random45 said:

Don't say anything negative at all about the GB crew or else your thread will be locked down and you might get suspended.

The mods sometimes have a stick up their ass, but I suppose that's why this place is as tame as it is.

Enjoy your stay.

There's one on every board.

Actually on most, there are way more than one.

So we're still under the negative asshole quota by like, dozens. I'm staying!

#49 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

We're a sophisticated lot

#50 Posted by VoshiNova (1687 posts) -