• 53 results
#1 Edited by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

Hey Guys, my name is David Murphy, I've been a huge fan of the Bombcast for some time, and Giant bomb has been my most frequented site for a very long time. I am however new to the forums and would like to say a formal "HELLO". A little about myself, I'm 25 and married. I have two Children, my little girl a 2 year old little shit who pretty much runs the house. She loves to sit on my lap while I play games and just watch for hours upon hours. My little boy is 3 months old and has just now gotten over colic O_O yes it was terrible and yes I almost went insane, however he has turned into a very mellow little boy and I cant wait to share gaming with the both of them. My wife is a gorgeous woman who I adore and I'm slowly converting her into a nerd. She is a Physiology major who graduates in two years and I'm a culinary arts major who will grad in three. I was a computer Science major but it was a little two tedious, so I decided that my love for Food could be something more, I hope to one day open a small bakery In Richmond, KY where I live with my wife and kids.I decided to go strait into being a premium member, but not because of the perks. They could take all of it away and I would still want to support my favorite site. The Giant Bombcast has gotten me through alot and If that podcast is any indication as to the quality of giant bombs community then Im sure I will love my stray here.I love all types of Games, you name it and i will probably play it, currently I'm playing through the first Darksiders for first time and its great so far. Im playing a little bit of Guild Wars 2 but being a Dad I don't have time for MMO's like that anymore so its taking me some time to level up, luckily there is no Subscription fee so I can go at my own pace and not feel like I'm wasting money when I play other Games. I'm Really looking forward to XCOM: Enemy Unknown already got it pre-ordered, XCOM and CIV are some of my favorite PC gaming Franchise's and know that Sid is working on XCOM has got me very excited. I'm also tipping my toe into CS:GO...but like everyone says its just CounterStirke ...still having fun though. I have a gaming PC and a PS3(primarily used for BLUE RAYS and NETFLIX).

Looking forward to getting to know every on here my Steam Name is The_Krockett if anyone is interested.

If anyone cares enough to have a question feel free to ask... I consider myself layed back and I hate dicks on the internet so you want find me trolling or for that matter listening to anything a troll has to say.

My last major trait is that I love to "LOVE" things so you will hardly ever find me posting hateful things on here...I believe in constructive Criticism but i think if everyone put more effort into talking about the stuff they love as they do the things they hate the internet would be a MUCH MUCH MORE better place....Yes I'm a INTERNET HIPPEE.

Thanks Guys

Some pics of my Family

#2 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

Welcome to Giant Bomb.

#3 Edited by _Chad (962 posts) -

Well hello there.

#4 Edited by Klei (1768 posts) -

Welcome to one of the most elitist gaming community on the internet. You better know your shit because people here will shove it down your throat. Other than that, I hope you'll enjoy your time among us!

Edit: I'm a bit harsh. A lot of people here are very cool and laid back. As for the others...

#5 Posted by falserelic (5412 posts) -

Sup GB homie, I'm FalseRelic.

#6 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

Hi! I agree, XCOM: EU looks fun to play. Commander Sid Meier to the rescue.

#7 Edited by Yummylee (21509 posts) -

Welcome to one of the most self-loathing gaming communities on the internet. You better start hating the community you inhabit because by gum do we sure love to do so. Other than that, I hope you'll enjoy your time among us. Whilst we hate one another.

EDIT: I'm a bit harsh. A lot of people actually enjoy being apart of this community and would go as far as to say it's one of the best out there. As for The Others...

#8 Posted by crazyleaves (645 posts) -

May the light forever shine upon your blade. I'm a nerd too. Welcome!

#9 Edited by falserelic (5412 posts) -

GiantBomb is a nice place to find hate. The hate eventually consumes all of us. We just have to come to accept it and embrace it.

#10 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -

Welcome to the boards duder!

#11 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3857 posts) -

CHARLIE MURPHEY!! i mean...DAVID MURPHEY!!!

Welcome to the forums duder. May your time here be long and eventful. Some people are awesome. Some people are douchebags. SexyToad is the sexiest toad. It's pretty cool here.

#12 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

Thanks for the Warm welcome so Far I edited my post to include some pics of my family....and yes it is hard being the ugliest of the whole family....but that also means I'm the luckiest so I'm okay with that....lol

#13 Posted by Jrinswand (1704 posts) -

@8bit_Archer said:

I have two Children, my little girl a 2 year old little shit

Howdy! We welcome all abusive fathers here at Giant Bomb!

#14 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

Welcome home Duder and Family.

#15 Edited by BadSniper52 (607 posts) -

Welcome to one the best gaming sites around!

Edit: @8bit_Archer Realm of the Mad God?

#16 Edited by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

@Jrinswand: lol my kids are my life...they come first and foremost, they also can make me want to tear my hair and/or out jump out a window...thats kids though I guess....but I do want to make it clear that I love my kids with everything in me...I pride myself in being a good Dad, My favorite part of the day is coming home to seeing them....ahhh kids they are the best.

#17 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

Hello,my name is Doctor and im an Alcho-....oh,wait.dammit. i mean nice to meet you!!!!!!!!

#18 Posted by Sinkwater (514 posts) -

This post gave me cancer.

#19 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

@Sinkwater: Your Welcome I guess....

#21 Posted by HadesTimes (804 posts) -

Welcome duder....

#22 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (452 posts) -

@GenocidalKitten: No its all good after reading my post I kinda seem like a self righteous pretentious douche who cant write worth shit....lol.... didn't mean to but what can you do....

#23 Posted by Hargreaves93 (234 posts) -

Welcome to the site!

#24 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Welcome. And man, did you get one from everyone else! People here are in a bit of a bad mood because apparently the site went to shit and no games are worth caring about and life sucks. Enjoy your stay and I look forward to seeing you around the boards! Or not seeing you as you lurk like a creeper, whatever floats your boat.

#25 Posted by ToTheNines (712 posts) -

Hi David Murphy and familly. Welcome.

#26 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

well written introduction! im sure youll fit right in :)

#27 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Welcome to the site!

@Jrinswand said:

@8bit_Archer said:

I have two Children, my little girl a 2 year old little shit

Howdy! We welcome all abusive fathers here at Giant Bomb!

I don't know how I feel about this. D:

#28 Posted by vorpalparasite (285 posts) -

Welcome sir! Drop a bomb on it!

#29 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I LOVE FAMILY PHOTOS

#30 Posted by oneidwille (149 posts) -

All Are Welcome, All Are Welcome!!

#32 Posted by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

Why are you not here yet?!

#33 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

Welcome to the site.

#34 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

told me not to post I'm the sexiest anymore.

#35 Edited by JackSukeru (5910 posts) -

@SexyToad: That's Sexiest-ist.

And also a bummer >:(

Edit: Did I say bummer? I meant total bullcrap.

#36 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

@RockmanBionics said:

lolwut

#37 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Get out while you still can!

#38 Posted by Dagbiker (6972 posts) -

Welcome, do not eat the red fruit from the tree. And whatever you do do not ask about Endurance Runs. ( People get pissed when you do that )

#39 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Welcome!

#40 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3857 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

@RockmanBionics said:

That's lame. It's obviously true. What is this, communist Russia?

#41 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1767 posts) -

@8bit_Archer: I like you avatar. Welcome to Giant Bomb.

I've been trying to turn my wife into a nerd for a few years now, but the best I've done was get her hooked on Plants -vs- Zombies. I might be down to play some XCOM multiplayer once it hits, but I think I'm going to run through the singe player first. And good luck with baking. It can take a little more energy than you can imagine.

#42 Edited by Irvandus (2877 posts) -

Welcome duder! We're a community of sarcastic passive aggressive video game hipsters with an occasional hint of fanboysim for those that host the site.

I joke, the community is actually pretty great here. Just deal with some of the more dickish things and move on. Also don't start an Endurance Rune thread, most new guys do and then get chewed out by the community like whatever your probably ate for breakfast this morning. Oh I'm Irvandus by the way, I type stuff on the internet sometimes.

#43 Posted by buzz_clik (6971 posts) -

@8bit_Archer: Well, I like the cut of your jib so much that I'm going to give you some hot lime-related quest tomfoolery type action. Welcome, and enjoy!

#44 Posted by 49th (2732 posts) -

Cool man, welcome.

#45 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

@RockmanBionics: @TheHumanDove: @TheSouthernDandy: He told me because these thread are suppose to be locked because there is a introduce yourself thread. By posting "Welcome and Hello! I am SexyToad the sexiest!" all the time, its a form of spam and just increases my post count.

#46 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

@RockmanBionics: @TheHumanDove: @TheSouthernDandy: He told me because these thread are suppose to be locked because there is a introduce yourself thread. By posting "Welcome and Hello! I am SexyToad the sexiest!" all the time, its a form of spam and just increases my post count.

Are you sure he didn't say it because I, in fact, am the sexiest?

#47 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3857 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

I've rarely if ever seen one of these threads get locked. That's dumb.

Also you and HumanDove should fight to see who's sexiest. There can be only one.

#48 Posted by falconpunch (177 posts) -

Hi

#49 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@SexyToad said:

I've rarely if ever seen one of these threads get locked. That's dumb.

Also you and HumanDove should fight to see who's sexiest. There can be only one.

The one called SEXYtoad

#50 Posted by Fattony12000 (7307 posts) -