#1 Edited by Tru3_Blu3 (3221 posts) -

It's been quite a damned while, but from what has been given, I am rather impressed. The marine voice acting could use some work, though. What do you guys think?

P.S. Music is delicious as Hell. SOUNDTRACK NAO!

#2 Edited by impartialgecko (1613 posts) -

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- I'm in. 
The amount of work that must have gone into this by this point, so interested to see the finished article.

#3 Posted by falserelic (5461 posts) -

The voice acting sounded abit corny but the game looks fun.

#4 Posted by Village_Guy (2630 posts) -

It's been long since I've seen anything from it, and I guess it's looking pretty good... I don't know, I'm not really seeing where people are getting all this excited about it.

#5 Edited by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
#6 Posted by impartialgecko (1613 posts) -
@Village_Guy said:

It's been long since I've seen anything from it, and I guess it's looking pretty good... I don't know, I'm not really seeing where people are getting all this excited about it.

I think it's just something I've always wanted having tried and failed to truly appreciate HL1 because I played it after 2. Bridging the visual gap and maybe signposting where to go a bit better would go a long way to making the game palatable for a generation that has trouble going back to older games we haven't played.
#7 Posted by Village_Guy (2630 posts) -

@adam1808: Alright, that's a fair point. Personally I don't really care about the graphics, but I also like the original Half-Life more than Half-Life 2...

#8 Edited by AndrewB (7667 posts) -

The voice acting sounded... exactly as corny as the original Half-Life and about as corny as a Metal Gear game.

There's a reason I've always had my eye on this mod and pissed with how long it's taking: because it looks fantastic. I was surprised that (unless there's somehow a path in the original game I *haven't* seen on my bajillion playthroughs), they actually changed the level design and added a second path into the rocket launch silo.

#9 Posted by Droop (1910 posts) -

Don't like the music, don't like voice acting. Don't really like any of the audio parts.

I'll probably try it, but it not something I'm all giddy for.