• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by RonGalaxy (2835 posts) -

So, Phil Fish made his twitter account viewable to the public again. As a fan of Fez, this gives me some hope that he will still make fez 2. Hopefully he still takes a break from the vitriolous internet, and focus' on work. That seems like the best thing for him to do

Also, he posted this weird vine of 2 rubber toys wrasting?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN PHIL? WE NEED TO BREAK THE CODE YOU GUYS!!!

Edit: NVM. It's fine to be uncourteous and post all of your opinions here. It isn't like I asked kindly or anything! Go at it; post your important opinions right here!!! It isn't like there's a million other places to do that

#2 Posted by JasonR86 (9587 posts) -

It means Phil can't handle the spotlight not being on him.

#3 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

Hold on, let me restart the meltdown timer.

#4 Posted by BBAlpert (1354 posts) -

It's like a beautiful flower blooming.

#5 Posted by joshwent (2051 posts) -

Hopefully he still takes a break from the vitriolous internet, and focus' on work.

By making his twitter public again?

Maybe let's ignore the troubled individual who obviously can't handle this stuff, and just play his hopefully awesome game when it comes out.

#6 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

Oh god I remember those sticky wrestling toys. They were awesome

#7 Edited by 49th (2669 posts) -

hahaha those toys are hilarious

#8 Edited by Hailinel (23677 posts) -

Phil just can't stay away from that which causes him distress. He'd be the victim in an abusive relationship if he himself weren't such an abusive prat.

#9 Posted by RonGalaxy (2835 posts) -

@joshwent said:

@naru_joe93 said:

Hopefully he still takes a break from the vitriolous internet, and focus' on work.

By making his twitter public again?

Maybe let's ignore the troubled individual who obviously can't handle this stuff, and just play his hopefully awesome game when it comes out.

If it comes out, it's still announced as cancelled. He could just be doing the twitter thing to tell people he's all good, but who knows? I guess we'll have to find out :)

#10 Posted by BeachThunder (11642 posts) -

I thought we weren't going to talk about Phil Fish anymore...not since the incident...

#11 Edited by Humanity (8714 posts) -

RESTART THE WARCLOCK!

#12 Edited by Milkman (16482 posts) -

He never said he was quitting Twitter.

#13 Edited by Gamer_152 (14050 posts) -

Glad Fish is opening back up to the public again, and it's kind of hilarious that's the first thing he posted when he got back.

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (14518 posts) -

Really, I don't particular like the guy or his games. (Mind you I don't "hate" or wish him ill either) I think however him being possibly bi-polar he should just really stay away from the media spotlight. There is nothing there for him.

#15 Edited by RonGalaxy (2835 posts) -

@milkman said:

He never said he was quitting Twitter.

He made it private for a few days, so only those with his permission could use it. Now it's public again, so EVERYONE can view/tweet at him. That means internet ass holes can spew shit on him again. If he was really getting out, I figured he'd have kept it private forever to stop that stuff from coming in.

#16 Edited by JasonR86 (9587 posts) -

@naru_joe93:

Regarding your edit dude, you can't really expect to create a thread and dictate responses. People are simply going to react to the topic and that's all. Calling for specific responses only will only lead to more negativity.

#17 Edited by Humanity (8714 posts) -

Glad Fish is opening back up to the public again, and it's kind of hilarious that's the first thing he posted when he got back.

You make it sound like he's been gone for a while. It hasn't even been a week.

#18 Posted by falserelic (5276 posts) -

Hopefully his hollow doesn't take control of him again.

#19 Posted by TooWalrus (13128 posts) -
#21 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@naru_joe93:

Regarding your edit dude, you can't really expect to create a thread and dictate responses. People are simply going to react to the topic and that's all. Calling for specific responses only will only lead to more negativity.

ALSO FUCK THAT GUY.

Whatever, I'm sure Fez 2 (when it does comes out) will be great.

#22 Posted by masterpaperlink (1829 posts) -

Grey man WINS

#23 Edited by TyCobb (1944 posts) -

Looking at the video, it appears Marino just won the championship. Congrats.

#24 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1504 posts) -

There is no doubt in my mind anymore that he suffers from some kind of mental illness.

#25 Posted by RonGalaxy (2835 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@naru_joe93:

Im not setting any rules, I'm asking people NOT to be jerks as a courtesy. You can all write as you wish, but I want to make it known that wasn't my intent for this thread. Maybe it'll cause them to rethink, maybe it'll do nothing, or maybe it'll make things worse. At least I'm trying

#26 Posted by ProfessorEss (7254 posts) -

Can we PLEASE try to not hurt the poor guy's feelings this time.

#27 Posted by joshwent (2051 posts) -

Can we PLEASE try to not hurt the poor guy's feelings this time.

I didn't hurt his feelings the first time. (or the second, or the third...)

The "we" that people have been using regarding this kind of trolling is really disappointing, like "we" as people who like games are all to blame because some jerks are assholes.

It's important to realize that 99.whatever% of gamers have never written nasty comments to Phil Fish or anybody else.

#28 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I sincerely want to know how someone can like Phil Fish.

Fucking seriously, someone explain it to me. I'm not talking about fucking FEZ, I mean the actual man Phil Fish.

How can you look at that and honestly say to yourself, "No, that's okay. I like that."

#29 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

So this guy is the male Anita Sarcantspelleeeezian

#30 Posted by Soap (3560 posts) -

Fucking seriously, someone explain it to me. I'm not talking about fucking FEZ, I mean the actual man Phil Fish.

How can you look at that and honestly say to yourself, "No, that's okay. I like that."

Why does he bother you so much? That's a far more interesting question.

#31 Edited by RonGalaxy (2835 posts) -

@lordxavierbritish said:

He is blunt, rough around the edges, says what he feels, does what he wants. He is the complete polar opposite of the sterile (hopefully that's the right spelling) PR rep who does everything by the book. I may not like what he says sometimes, but at least he's being true to who he is and speaks from the heart. The industry would be shit without people like him

#32 Posted by Milkman (16482 posts) -

#33 Posted by Irvandus (2776 posts) -

He was bored?

#34 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

@soap: Because he's just an asshole, and a poor one at that. As a professional asshole I find his conduct both gross and dishonorable.

@naru_joe93: JAPANESE GAMES SUCK, HAVE YOU HEARD OF CAVESTORY?

PCS ARE ONLY GOOD FOR SPREADSHEETS OH WAIT LOOK AT ALL THIS MONEY.

I WISH I ACTUALLY HAD OPINIONS INSTEAD OF JUST SAYING THINGS I KNOW WILL BE CONTROVERSIAL.

#35 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5127 posts) -

I thinks his vine is actually a commentary on the Internet itself.

#36 Edited by RonGalaxy (2835 posts) -

@soap: Because he's just an asshole, and a poor one at that. As a professional asshole I find his conduct both gross and dishonorable.

@naru_joe93: JAPANESE GAMES SUCK, HAVE YOU HEARD OF CAVESTORY?

PCS ARE ONLY GOOD FOR SPREADSHEETS OH WAIT LOOK AT ALL THIS MONEY.

I WISH I ACTUALLY HAD OPINIONS INSTEAD OF JUST SAYING THINGS I KNOW WILL BE CONTROVERSIAL.

I appreciate your well thought out and informed response

Thanks a bunch man!

#37 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

@naru_joe93: Would it be easier for you if I just said Phil Fish creates controversy just for the attention and nothing he has ever said has even a spark of honesty or genuineness.

This is the exact opposite of what anyone has ever needed ever.

#38 Posted by Hailinel (23677 posts) -

@naru_joe93: And a lot of us are blunt and rough around the edges in criticizing him. He needs to be able to take what he chooses to dish out.

#39 Posted by JasonR86 (9587 posts) -

@naru_joe93:

He also can't take back what he dishes out to others. That's the thing I don't like. I mean Fez is a great game and I can even deal with the dude being a drama queen. But if you give shit expect to get it back and don't be a baby about it when it happens.

#40 Posted by leebmx (2198 posts) -

Because he seems like a funny intelligent guy, and when people piss him off he can lose his rag spectaculaly. I also love it when he gives shit back to journos and the general public and then everyone starts crying like he stamped on a kittens head on You Tube. He is a challenge to the idea that you need to develop some sort of Rhino skin to suceed in any public industry and I think he says a lot of stuff which other developers are too scared or too worried about their careers or image to say.

In more simple terms - I have never seen him do or say anything objectionable - maybe I missed a tweet somewhere but who knows.

#41 Posted by RonGalaxy (2835 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@naru_joe93: And a lot of us are blunt and rough around the edges in criticizing him. He needs to be able to take what he chooses to dish out.

Uh huh; Please, tell me more!

#42 Posted by groverat (132 posts) -

Phil Fish makes Twitter private: "PUSSY!"
Phil Fish opens up his Twitter: "ATTENTION WHORE!"
Phil Fish breathes air: "WEAKLING!"
Phil Fish washes his hands: "COWARD!"
Phil Fish makes amazing video game: "SHOW-OFF!"

@hailinel said:

Jesus Phil has like 400 moms on this forum.

#43 Edited by A_Dog (743 posts) -

vine's always post directly to twitter. don't think you can unlink it either.

#44 Posted by JasonR86 (9587 posts) -
#45 Posted by SeanFoster (854 posts) -

All this time spent wondering about the actions of a man WITH AN ANDY KAUFMAN AVATAR.

#46 Posted by bigjeffrey (4709 posts) -

Cool, FEZ 2 will probably happen someday.

#47 Posted by mrfluke (5049 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@jasonr86 said:

@naru_joe93:

He also can't take back what he dishes out to others. That's the thing I don't like. I mean Fez is a great game and I can even deal with the dude being a drama queen. But if you give shit expect to get it back and don't be a baby about it when it happens.

All this time spent wondering about the actions of a man WITH AN ANDY KAUFMAN AVATAR.

these 3 comments.

Peace Out!

#48 Edited by groverat (132 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

@groverat:

400 Moms?

Phil wear your coat it's freezing outside and don't listen to those bullies and if they yell at you just smile and ignore them and why are the dishes still not done PHIIIIILL

#49 Posted by JasonR86 (9587 posts) -

@groverat:

Is that supposed to be your mom that you're generalizing as everyone's mom? My mom's much cooler then that.

#50 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

his GDC appearance was great.