#51 Posted by EchoEcho (837 posts) -

Didn't have the money available during the Thanksgiving sale, but I paid the full $50 price just a week or so ago. Missed out on this deal by a matter of days, but you know what? I don't even regret it, 'cause I'm more than happy to give that extra money to Whiskey Media -- you duders deserve it. For anyone who's still on the fence, this is a great opportunity. Go for it!

#52 Posted by ffdthree (198 posts) -

I took advantage of this. The "Thank you" alone was worth it.

#53 Posted by Sil3n7 (1199 posts) -

Im already good till 2013...but should I make that till 2014....That sale page is pretty good.

#54 Posted by 49th (2847 posts) -

I think not.

#55 Posted by dietmango (1667 posts) -

I wish somebody gifted it to me :(

#56 Posted by ScreamingFist (368 posts) -

@49th said:

I think not.

And that's why you suck.

#57 Posted by mythus (102 posts) -

Will there be another poster in the shop? I missed out on the first. I was really disappointed.

#58 Edited by Rapid (1403 posts) -

@louiedog said:

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

Filed under Roberta Williams...

Of course it is.

I think that means that everyone who becomes subscribers with this has to go and watch the Phantasmagoria video from start to finish. No exceptions. No excuses.

Of course!

#59 Posted by Andorski (5366 posts) -

Now I'm torn on what to do with the $15 credit for the Whiskey Media store. How are the Whiskey Media group of sites doing as a whole? Good? If so, I would donate the money to Child's Play.

#60 Posted by EightBitShik (1342 posts) -

I lost my job for a back surgery and they are charging me $100k for it so if anyone wants to help a brother out go for it :)I love gifts!~

#61 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

@mythus said:

Will there be another poster in the shop? I missed out on the first. I was really disappointed.

What worries me is that it's almost 2012 and there's no swimsuit calendar available.

#62 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -
I'm gonna shit myself to death for Christmas - Jeff Gerstmann
#63 Posted by 49th (2847 posts) -

@ScreamingFist: because I don't have disposable income to spend on internet videos? Right.

#64 Posted by Masha2932 (1242 posts) -

Anyone want to buy me a subscription. I've been a good boy I promise.

#65 Edited by Colt45 (57 posts) -

SEX !!!

also, video games.

And, maybe it's me, "Dig Deeper into Roberta Williams" might be the dirtiest thing on the internet. I'm not passing judgment, just saying...

#66 Posted by AlisterCat (5722 posts) -

@mythus said:

Yes.

@lokilaufey said:

@AlisterCat Guess I misread the email I got for it. No big! I'm not buying it for that anyway, I'm buyin for a good deal on something I wanted anyway.

(I actually already own a Tested cube-dude t-shirt that I happily paid full price for and wear as much as is hygienically possible.)

Edit: Actually I double checked the purchase e-mail and it says the user who redeems it will be get the coupon (since it's a canned email), so that's what tripped me up even though the page itself says you won't. Again, not like I care it doesn't have one since massive discount > coupon.

Yeah, the emails haven't been changed for the discounted purchases. This happened last time with some angry people who thought they were getting a T-Shirt too.

#67 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

I thought auto-playing audio and confetti died with Geocities. After today, I think it's time for a revival.

#68 Posted by iAmJohn (6134 posts) -

@Jeff said:

I'm hoping that by using three X's in that above bit you'll equate this post with sex. They keep telling me that sex sells.

Filed under: Roberta Williams

Clever girl.

#69 Posted by ch3burashka (5249 posts) -

Surprisingly, giantbomb.xxx isn't taken yet.

#70 Posted by jakob187 (21759 posts) -

OH HEY! My membership JUST ran out a couple days ago. Looks like the PERFECT time to renew! THANKS GIANT BOMB!

#71 Posted by psychotiK (9 posts) -

been watching this site for YEARS and finally got a membership thanks to this sale. thanks giantbomb!

#72 Posted by fossas (183 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

I find it pretty amusing that

"Dig Deeper into Roberta Williams"

appears on the side of the screen.

Hot.

#73 Posted by TranceAddix (76 posts) -

Awesome - at this price it's impossible to resist! Thanks.

#74 Posted by ArgleBargle (10 posts) -

Perfect Timing! Thank you Whiskey Media!

#75 Posted by ICryCauseImEmo (513 posts) -

Becoming premium was probably the best choice I'v done. Not only did i save 9 dollars from dropping netflix before the price drop but after subscribing to Giantbomb for 5 bucks a month I saved 4 dollars.. SO wait I saved money by going with giantbomb.. Fuck yes JAR TIME!

#76 Posted by Soapy86 (2619 posts) -

Yeah... I'm still not biting until I can subscribe to Giant Bomb and only Giant Bomb. I'm generally not a fan of subsidizing several other websites I couldn't give less of a shit about just because they're "related" to a website I do care about.

#77 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1741 posts) -

Oh, Roberta. You can mix up my Mother Gooses any day of the week.

#78 Posted by MeatSim (10939 posts) -

It's like I am throwing away money by not buying this.

#79 Posted by Bumbuliuz (197 posts) -

Great news, just picked up a sub for my friend as a christmas present. I keep trying to get him to join the site. Now he has no choice ;)

#80 Posted by MeldingPlague (43 posts) -

@CH3BURASHKA: To the Photoshop-mobile!

#81 Posted by Taklulas (401 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart

Tell me when you're bringing back the honesty thing, and I'll gladly support it.

Or you can just lure people in by splitting content and features. That's obviously cool too.

They are "splitting " up any content so get off your fucking high horse.
#82 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

@Taklulas said:

@sofacitysweetheart

Tell me when you're bringing back the honesty thing, and I'll gladly support it.

Or you can just lure people in by splitting content and features. That's obviously cool too.

Glad you agree?

#83 Posted by moocow21 (23 posts) -

Tempting... but the Steam sales have been wrecking my wallet as of late.

#84 Posted by Noobi (6 posts) -

done! was thinking of signing up soon so this was just what I needed

#85 Edited by ShaunassNZ (2128 posts) -

Does it come with the shirt?

@CH3BURASHKA said:

Surprisingly, giantbomb.xxx isn't taken yet.

Because it costs $100 a year.

#86 Posted by ch3burashka (5249 posts) -

I'm slightly disturbed the panel on the right says, "Dig Deeper into Roberta Williams".

#87 Posted by Glottery (1388 posts) -

Omy, this would be a swell xmas present for me. Hope the sale continues next week as well...

#88 Posted by NathHaw (2802 posts) -

@Noobi said:

done! was thinking of signing up soon so this was just what I needed

Woot! Go watch Jar Time ASAP.

#89 Posted by on3moresoul (37 posts) -

I don't know why but Jeff has this unusual sway over my wallet, first it was Track Mania 2...now it's an annual Giantbomb membership, where will it end!?

#90 Posted by GoneZombie (9 posts) -

I totally have that Russian hat. It keeps my head warm in these harsh rocky mountain winters...

#91 Posted by Tan (425 posts) -

DEAL!

#92 Posted by CornBREDX (5997 posts) -

Great timing. I just got a hold of a boat load of cash.

Done deal, good sir!

#93 Posted by Subjugation (4740 posts) -

It was already worth it at full price. You'd have to be a fool to miss this opportunity if you are in a position to take advantage.

#94 Posted by BoringK (264 posts) -

I bought mine! Can't wait to not have time to watch any of those premium videos. But I'm happy to support the site.

#95 Posted by Grillbar (1904 posts) -

@GoneZombie said:

I totally have that Russian hat. It keeps my head warm in these harsh rocky mountain winters...

i think its called an ushanka

#96 Posted by Brendan (8136 posts) -

@sofacitysweetheart said:

I'm not against you or anything, but help me connect the dots here. You are regularly visiting a website largely based on the backs of the staff members that run it. You do not trust these staff members and believe that they lack integrity, judging from your assessment of the situation (and by earlier posts you've made). Giantbomb does not have the most comprehensive coverage on anything video game related, and without the attraction of the staff members is one of the less attractive sites out there for video game coverage. Why are you here? I'm not saying you shouldn't be, but why are you here? I've almost never seen you make a post that wasn't critical of the site. That perfectly fine, but why are you here then? I'm clearly missing something.

#97 Posted by WilliamHenry (1217 posts) -

@sofacitysweetheart said:

@Taklulas said:

@sofacitysweetheart

Glad you agree?

It was clearly a typo. He meant they aren't splitting up content. The content they create for premium members wouldn't exist if they didn't have premium members. So no, they're not splitting up content. Everything that was available before memberships existed is still available to everyone.

#98 Posted by bybeach (4996 posts) -

Anybody who is debating getting in on this, needs to hit the link and listen to the guys try to convince you...pretty damned funny. Actually I don't know what they are trying to convince you of, sounded sort of like something they want to do with your sister. But I'm seriously considering it now, and push my membership back another 12 months...

#99 Posted by huntad (1958 posts) -

I demand to see these supplies!

#100 Posted by Farley_Lives (278 posts) -

Done, Merry Christmas Giant Bomb!