#1 Posted by skjeggen (39 posts) -

...what are the videos that you guys would most highly recommend? What the best thing I've missed that's on premium?

I've been around on the site forever but only just had enough £££ to get myself some premium giant bomb action so I've obviously missed out on all the crazy premium shizzle and there's a lot of back catalog to dig through...

Cheers in advance duders :)

#2 Posted by isomeri (1415 posts) -

I'd start from the beginning with the first Happy Hour. It really shows how far the site has come over the years. And for some of the more recent content check out the subscriber tab in the videos section.

#3 Posted by golguin (4045 posts) -

Click on the subscriber tab in the video section and just check out stuff at random. Half the time I'm not even sure what's free and what's subscriber only.

#4 Posted by skjeggen (39 posts) -

cheers guys will do!:)

#5 Edited by Ley_Lines (261 posts) -

Bioforge is pretty great I believe it's three parts and Phantasmagoria is one of my absolute favorites, I've watched it multiple times, it's a two parter. Both have Vinny in them, 'nuff said.

#6 Edited by Grissefar (2830 posts) -

I don't know that you really want to dig through the back catalogue, except maybe the unprofessional fridays, which I get the impression that it is cool. But to be honest, that stuff is best watched live, preferably while consuming a video game on the side. So going back and just watching a bunch of 2 hour videos seems exceedingly tedious, but hey, if you really have nothing else to do I guess it could kill time here and there. But yeah, maybe watch the first Happy Hours, most of which were unbelievably terrible. But if you really must go back, maybe treat them like a Bombcast? You know, just some soothing background voices while you play a game. But there is some good stuff, like Phantasmagoria.

#7 Posted by Do_The_Manta_Ray (739 posts) -

Oh, man; this topic is going to EXPLODE.

There is an incredible amount of fantastic content out there. I'd start with "Backflips and Bioforge" then enjoy the slow, slow degeneration of Brad Shoemaker in "Breaking Brad". "Flight Club" might be the best thing ever to boot. And "Random PC" game tends to be superb as, similair to "Flight Club", it's Vinny, Dave and Drew at the helm.

Finally, you just can't go wrong with Unprofessional Fridays, they vary from great to hilarious.

#8 Posted by RonGalaxy (3266 posts) -

I recommend the happy hour as well, but you should know one thing, most of the happy hour vids are under the premium section of the site, but some aren't (like the last one). I recommend to search for 'happy hour' on the sites search bar (make sure to uncheck everything but videos) and watch it in order by date (it starts somewhere in 2010, from what I remember), then prepare yourself for some of the best content ever produced on the internet!

#9 Posted by Zero_ (1977 posts) -

The sad thing about this is that a lot of great moments will go lost in history because of poor video categorisation, and UPF/Happy Hour being an hour or so of anything. Hey... anyone remember the bloc party? :(

#10 Posted by skjeggen (39 posts) -

Thanks for the recommendations! :) Was thinking about checking out the Bioforge thing. Haven't even heard of the phantasmagoria thing..will check it out. I'm at work so I've got time to kill :P

#11 Posted by Levius (1228 posts) -

Fortune Street TNT archive is still the gold standard.

#12 Posted by Marokai (3146 posts) -

Premium content got a million orders of magnitude more interesting and varied when they ditched the Happy Hour. They're not all awful, but to be honest even the high points of those features were just a few minutes every other week. Late 2011 is really where the magic started.

#13 Posted by Fattony12000 (7564 posts) -
#14 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1229 posts) -

'You Don't Know Jack' episode of TNT

#15 Posted by MEATBALL (3477 posts) -

Random PC game Phantasmagoria is one of the absolute best. Here's a link to part two as well.

#16 Posted by CitizenCoffeeCake (650 posts) -

All of it! Actually I would recommend the SNES marathon and some Breaking Brad to start. I have mixed feelings about Happy Hour (pretty watchable if you skip the comic vine segments, just my opinion, some people may like it).

#17 Posted by chiablo (999 posts) -

All of it! Actually I would recommend the SNES marathon and some Breaking Brad to start. I have mixed feelings about Happy Hour (pretty watchable if you skip the comic vine segments, just my opinion, some people may like it).

Poor Comic Vine. They were the red-headed step child of Whiskey Media.