Hi, "new" dude here.

tychoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By tychoon

Hi, i've been a giant bomb follower ever since the site went up. I somehow separated from gaming for a while so I didn't bother coming here too much. But now i'm back and currently going through gears of war 2 campaign, which in my opinion would be one very awesome game if driving was a little bit better. I'm getting quite frustrated because of it and I only have today to finish the campaign since tomorrow morning I'm leaving town for a dance and song festival. I finally got around to blogging and editing stuff in GB. I’m also thinking about writing a review for GoW2, any tips? I’ll briefly talk about GoW2 and some other stuff in this post.

I was wondering why do developers put in driving sequences in such games as halo and gears of war? I thought Halo 3 driving was one bad-bad thing(now thinking about it, halo wasn't that bad since the driving scene at the end of the game made up for it). And now came GoW2 driving which is definitely the worst thing about this game and clearly takes the 1st place in shitty driving category. It would have been perfectly alright if I never had to drive anything but NO, they had to screw up something...  Driving on these lakes while getting bombed was NOT fun since I couldn’t predict where the bombs would land. I just basically died enough times to memorize the path since the vehicle couldn’t turn itself or stop. I might have missed something that would have helped me find the clear path though…

Digestive teeth - awesome

Well i guess everything must have it's ups and downs, while driving was one of the downs swimming in worm blood was most certainly one of the ups. I could almost smell this disgusting creature, it just felt so good. I was writing stuff on my laptop while going through the campaign and most of the comments were about the worm or about the driving. While there was a "WOW..." about the worm but there was " Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck" about the driving. Mabye the driving is fine and I have just grown so much apart from the gaming that I don't recognize good driving anymore?

Enough about GoW2. I also wanted to say that giant bomb hasn’t lost it’s awesomeness in any ways. I can’t believe how much this site has improved from when it started. Endurance run is the best thing ever happened in my opinion :D. Anyway, now that I have more will and free time i’ll be trying to edit stuff myself and mabye even write a review or two. Damn this thing got way longer than I expected, I better quit now...

Note: This thing could use a spell check. My native language is not English so it would be awesome to have this. Mabye there already is one but I failed to notice that.

tychoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By tychoon

Hi, i've been a giant bomb follower ever since the site went up. I somehow separated from gaming for a while so I didn't bother coming here too much. But now i'm back and currently going through gears of war 2 campaign, which in my opinion would be one very awesome game if driving was a little bit better. I'm getting quite frustrated because of it and I only have today to finish the campaign since tomorrow morning I'm leaving town for a dance and song festival. I finally got around to blogging and editing stuff in GB. I’m also thinking about writing a review for GoW2, any tips? I’ll briefly talk about GoW2 and some other stuff in this post.

I was wondering why do developers put in driving sequences in such games as halo and gears of war? I thought Halo 3 driving was one bad-bad thing(now thinking about it, halo wasn't that bad since the driving scene at the end of the game made up for it). And now came GoW2 driving which is definitely the worst thing about this game and clearly takes the 1st place in shitty driving category. It would have been perfectly alright if I never had to drive anything but NO, they had to screw up something...  Driving on these lakes while getting bombed was NOT fun since I couldn’t predict where the bombs would land. I just basically died enough times to memorize the path since the vehicle couldn’t turn itself or stop. I might have missed something that would have helped me find the clear path though…

Well i guess everything must have it's ups and downs, while driving was one of the downs swimming in worm blood was most certainly one of the ups. I could almost smell this disgusting creature, it just felt so good. I was writing stuff on my laptop while going through the campaign and most of the comments were about the worm or about the driving. While there was a "WOW..." about the worm but there was " Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck" about the driving. Mabye the driving is fine and I have just grown so much apart from the gaming that I don't recognize good driving anymore?

Enough about GoW2. I also wanted to say that giant bomb hasn’t lost it’s awesomeness in any ways. I can’t believe how much this site has improved from when it started. Endurance run is the best thing ever happened in my opinion :D. Anyway, now that I have more will and free time i’ll be trying to edit stuff myself and mabye even write a review or two. Damn this thing got way longer than I expected, I better quit now...

Note: This thing could use a spell check. My native language is not English so it would be awesome to have this. Mabye there already is one but I failed to notice that.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Dude, the driving in Halo 3 is awesome!
However, driving in Gears of War 2 is the extreme opposite of awesome... especially on Insane...

tychoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tychoon

Yeah, I guess Halo wasn't bad but it wasn't the best either =).
I'm playing on normal and still having trouble driving :D.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Well on insane, it's not the controls that get harder, more like getting killed in one shot that makes it a pain in the ass.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By EVO

Hi new dude.

Even the best FPS ever, Half-Life 2, has mediocre driving.

tychoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tychoon
@EVO:  Yeah and that's what makes me wonder what's the point. I'd rather having something else extra(swimming, extra lvl, extra dude, in GoW i'd like to have the ability to jump) that they could actually do well.
Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Kohe321

Hello new dude! Driving in shooters is often pretty meh-ish, but there are exceptions.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax
@EVO said:
" Hi new dude.Even the best FPS ever, Half-Life 2, has mediocre driving. "
That water buggy mission was agonizing.
EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By EVO

The controls were especially agonizing, but I played it on PS3.

However, it's one of my favourite missions. The setting more than made up for any shortcoming.

tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By tactis

I think the Halo games have driving down pretty well but yeah mostly speaking games can do it pretty badly like Mass Effect and Gears 2 some of my most favorite games but one part can be really annoying to do imo and welcome!!!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By JJOR64

Don't piss off the mods and you should be good.  :-)      Welcome to the explosion of fun!

Aquinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Aquinas
@tactis said:
"

I think the Halo games have driving down pretty well but yeah mostly speaking games can do it pretty badly like Mass Effect and Gears 2 some of my most favorite games but one part can be really annoying to do imo and welcome!!!

"
Yeah, I was able to get a grip on the Halo driving mechanics very early on.  Half Life 2 stuff was boderline, but the Gears 2 driving sequences were just plain bad.  Absolutely agree with OP that they are the worst part of the game.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By buzz_clik
@EVO said:
" Even the best FPS ever, Half-Life 2, has mediocre driving. "
Especially when you're trying to make that bloody gnome stay in the car.

Oh, and hey new guy!
Jeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Jeffrey
Hi New Dude, welcome to Giant Bomb.
Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Don't get to full of yerself newbie, that's what I did when I first joined and I'm not proud of it.

Back to the point: hello sir dudeman. (That's my new internet hello, I probably need to figure out a female version).