• 52 results
#1 Posted by ThePurpleWall (45 posts) -
#2 Posted by AjayRaz (12390 posts) -

GIANT GREEN MAN

#3 Posted by ThePurpleWall (45 posts) -
#4 Posted by tmek (117 posts) -

It's over already? :o

#5 Edited by ThePurpleWall (45 posts) -

@tmek: Nope, just getting an early start.

#6 Posted by Dogma (942 posts) -

Where is the crawl party?!

#7 Posted by ThePurpleWall (45 posts) -
#8 Posted by ThePurpleWall (45 posts) -
#9 Posted by TeflonBilly (4722 posts) -

Lowlights: That piece of shit from Chile who called in and the longwinded guy who RYan yelled at.

EFF THOSE GUYS!

#10 Posted by ThePurpleWall (45 posts) -
#11 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

@TeflonBilly said:

Lowlights: That piece of shit from Chile who called in and the longwinded guy who RYan yelled at.

EFF THOSE GUYS!

What happened with Chile man?

#12 Edited by ThePurpleWall (45 posts) -

@TeflonBilly: Ryan yelling at that guy was definitely a highlight for me.

#13 Posted by TeflonBilly (4722 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

@TeflonBilly said:

EFF THOSE GUYS!

What happened with Chile man?

He was a rude dick. "LOL THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT ENTERTAINMENT GAIS, I'M NEVER GONNA PAY FOR IT THOUGH"

Who the hell goes out of their way to say that on the phone?

#14 Posted by TeflonBilly (4722 posts) -

@ThePurpleWall said:

Yeah, Ryan yelling at him was a highlight. The guy himself though...

#15 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -
@TeflonBilly said:

@ThePurpleWall said:

Yeah, Ryan yelling at him was a highlight. The guy himself though...

Wait, what was it like?  Goddamn I missed it....
#16 Posted by ThePurpleWall (45 posts) -
#17 Posted by ThePurpleWall (45 posts) -
#18 Posted by TeflonBilly (4722 posts) -

<3 Drunk Rorie

#19 Posted by JohnDudebro (924 posts) -

I liked the part where I didn't have to play Star Wars Galaxies anymore.

#20 Edited by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

I don't know why, but I'm still kind of bummed out

Also, I thought it was super interesting to hear what Andy had to say. Don't get too see much of him. I bet he has some more awesome stories to tell when he was working for some various game developers. Surprised that he didn't even leave either.

#21 Posted by m0nk3y80y (180 posts) -

This thread = Awesome

#22 Posted by BisonHero (5674 posts) -

Looks like nobody remembered to take down the "Live" banner at the top of the site. Givin' so many people false hope. :(

Ah well, I'll have to wait for it to be archived.

#23 Edited by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -
SQUEEZE IN THERE, MAN!
#24 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Wait, someone called and said the content was great but he wouldn't pay? Why?

#25 Posted by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -

Lowlight: Ryan refusing to fucking go back to the party at the end.

#26 Posted by Bucketdeth (7981 posts) -

@Barrock said:

Wait, someone called and said the content was great but he wouldn't pay? Why?

He basically said he loved all the content and was glad most of it's free, it was just weird the way he phrased it.

#27 Posted by EvilKatarn (464 posts) -

I wonder when it'll all be archived. It was streaming at a weird time for me and I couldn't watch it live.

#28 Posted by Yummylee (20586 posts) -

ARCHIVE PLEASE. T_T Aired when I was asleep... just hope the archived version won't only be accessible to premium members.

#29 Posted by Dogma (942 posts) -

You can watch it on Justin TV as always either way. I'm watching the two last hours I missed yesterday right now.

#30 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -
@deathstriker666 said:

I don't know why, but I'm still kind of bummed out

Also, I thought it was super interesting to hear what Andy had to say. Don't get too see much of him. I bet he has some more awesome stories to tell when he was working for some various game developers. Surprised that he didn't even leave either.

He kept on getting interrupted too. He had several seemingly interesting stories that never went anywhere because people talked over him.
#31 Posted by AlisterCat (5399 posts) -

@ThePurpleWall: You have one of my posters as your avatar...?

#32 Posted by PokeIkzai (385 posts) -

The guy from Chile wasn't a dick. I think you're just too protective of certain internet personalities or something. Wow. XD

#33 Posted by TeflonBilly (4722 posts) -

@PokeIkzai: Yup, it's perfectly polite to straight up tell people when they have you on the phone that you don't deem them worthy of your support. The guy could've just refrained from saying anything about it.

"LOL UR iN LUV WITH RYAN DAVIS"

... bravo. His question sucked as well.

#34 Posted by ChrisTaran (1488 posts) -

@PokeIkzai: Ahh, so you're the Chile guy.

#35 Posted by ThePurpleWall (45 posts) -

@AlisterCat: Not sure, I just picked one from the site. I do like the picture though.

#36 Posted by AlisterCat (5399 posts) -

@ThePurpleWall: Yeah, it's a poster I made on January 1st. Thanks, I guess.

#37 Posted by blacklab (1476 posts) -

I hope they post this. Couldn't attend.

#38 Posted by MysteriousBob (6273 posts) -

When the hell did this happen?

#39 Posted by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:

Last night broski; it's only been on the Coming up on Giant Bomb... section of the front page for like six months.
#40 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5235 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
@MysteriousBob said:

Last night broski; it's only been on the Coming up on Giant Bomb... section of the front page for like six months.
And they mentioned it on this week's Podcast as well. The front page looks like it's missing something now that it has passed.
#41 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

Is it over already? I was looking forward to catching some once I got home from school, but I guess that if it is over then I can not.

#42 Posted by OfficerMeatbeef (66 posts) -

Seems as good a place as any...

I'll cop to being the dude who botched his question with all the preface. Convinced myself setting up the question first was the right way to go when it was really the worst, then the lag on the stream made sure I couldn't realize how much I was dragging until I was already being (fairly) yelled at.

I blew it. Still, I'm glad my chewing out proved entertaining for some and I thought it still worked out to an interesting discussion from the staff so whatever.

Still, apologies to all for being the sort of poor guest I most didn't want to be, and thanks to all for a great show!

#43 Posted by hermberger (120 posts) -

@OfficerMeatbeef: No worries, duder. You live and you learn. :)

#44 Posted by TeflonBilly (4722 posts) -

@OfficerMeatbeef: It ended up being a good discussion and Ryan yelling at you was gold. You're a swell fella and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

Eff the dude from Chile still though

#45 Posted by Patman99 (1544 posts) -

@OfficerMeatbeef said:

Seems as good a place as any... I'll cop to being the dude who botched his question with all the preface. Convinced myself setting up the question first was the right way to go when it was really the worst, then the lag on the stream made sure I couldn't realize how much I was dragging until I was already being (fairly) yelled at. I blew it. Still, I'm glad my chewing out proved entertaining for some and I thought it still worked out to an interesting discussion from the staff so whatever. Still, apologies to all for being the sort of poor guest I most didn't want to be, and thanks to all for a great show!

Dont be sorry, Ryan yelling at you was pretty damn funny. I salute you, fellow Canadian. (You are the guy from Saskatoon, right?). On the bright side, people in the chat were making fun of Canadians for apologising too much when you started to apologise.

On a side note, I was amazed that Jeff knew that Saskatoon was in Saskatchewan. Most Americans that I have spoken to have asked me if I live in Vancouver or Toronto. If I dont say one of those specific cities, they ask me which one I am closer to.

#46 Posted by OroJackson (680 posts) -

@OfficerMeatbeef:

Most people would consider Ryan yelling at them to be a badge of honor, it was comedy gold

#47 Posted by Stete (703 posts) -

Damn im so bummed out that I missed this, cant wait until this is archived.

#48 Edited by OfficerMeatbeef (66 posts) -

Hey, I really appreciate the friendly responses on this, folks! I will freely admit that I really didn't think I'd get in on the call because I have never once had any luck on any such call-in thing before, so when the friendly Whiskey folks actually picked up it was exciting, in that kind of "oh man, really? Now I actually have to try and not fuck this up!" sorta way. Sure, it's not lives or prizes are on the line, but these people are putting on a sweet show and you don't wanna blow that right?

It's a reaaaal tough balancing act if you're concerned your question might not be clear enough or misinterpreted on its own as well; getting the right amount of info in to make that work while still not bogging down the show is not easy, and it's certainly where I completely stumbled. I was too afraid I would just ask my question and get quickly disconnected before I made it clear what I was talking about, plus once the discussion is going you don't want to step in over top of the people who everyone actually wants to hear. In retrospect, best form would have been to get the question out there right away and then let the hosts ask for more clarification as necessary. Unfortunately, there's no real guidebook for all this, but lesson learned.

(Another tip for those who've never had the pleasure of calling in: I you get connected just forget trying to watch the stream at that point. You're plugged in live directly to the studio audio and the normal stream is a good several seconds behind, so it gets real disorienting right quick.)

In any case, I do indeed take pride at getting yelled at by Ryan because he is undoubtedly a world-class yellsmith, and it was a certainly an honour to get it directed at me. Making him or anyone angry was definitely not my intention, but if it made for good video, that works out just fine. Glad you people enjoyed it! Big thanks to him, Jeff, Will, and Andy for still taking some time to discuss my question, and of course to Vinny for not just cutting me off right then and there. And even if I didn't necessarily get to make my points 100% clear, it was a pleasure to be a small, if stupid, part of the wonderful crazy nonsense that is any WM production.

#49 Posted by Malarkain (102 posts) -
#50 Posted by ThePurpleWall (45 posts) -

Aaaaaaaaand 50!