Avatar image for stefanthelegend
StefanTheLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By StefanTheLegend

I was watching a video from PAX where Michael Patcher (Analyst) was interviewing the HipHopGamer. And they mentioned the GB panel and the HHG said that he would totally do a bombcast with them, since they know each other and all that. It just got me wondering...imagin the epicness of the Bombcast episode where the GB crew talk videogames alongside the one and only HIP HIP HOP GAMERRR! lol. I know there are a lot of mixed opinions about that guy, but in my opinion its his passion that makes him appealing and worth admiring.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By vaiz

Imagine a bombcast where the special fifth and sixth chairs are filled by HHG and Ice-T.

That's right, your brain can't handle it. Mine can't either. It was potentially lethal to even have the thought.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By meteora

Jeff + Hip Hop Gamer + Ice-T = Oh gawdddd

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@punkxblaze said:

" Imagine a bombcast where the special fifth and sixth chairs are filled by HHG and Ice-T.  That's right, your brain can't handle it. Mine can't either. It was potentially lethal to even have the thought. "

Avatar image for stefanthelegend
StefanTheLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StefanTheLegend
@punkxblaze:  LOL, yeah...you've just blown my mind!
IceOrb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IceOrb

He would literally be the worst guest they've ever had.

All he would do is make up bullshit stories about shit that never happened, talk about his awful music, blow out his mic, and plug his site a million times.

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Interfect
@Meteora said:
" Jeff + Hip Hop Gamer + Ice-T = Oh gawdddd "
I r excite
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Branthog

It was really nice of Pachter to spend time doing a segment with one of "god's special children". Most other people in the industry would probably not give the kid a second thought, with his goofy attempt to speak English and that silly toy fake-wrestling belt he kept obsessively spinning. It says a lot about a guy like Pachter that he seemed to treat an intellectually disabled "game journalist" with the same patience and respect he probably would have treated any other grown-up normal journalist. Good on him.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Malakhii

I have never before heard of this Hip-hop gamer, but I don't think I'd want him mucking up a podcast with Ice-T on it. Ice -T alone would be more then enough for me. 

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ajamafalous
@IceOrb said:
" He would literally be the worst guest they've ever had. "
This is unfortunately true.
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheHT
@ajamafalous said:
" @IceOrb said:
This is unfortunately true. "
Really? You guys honestly think he'd be worse than what's-her-face 775 million lady?
IceOrb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By IceOrb
@TheHT:  Yes.

Take a moment to go and watch some of his videos and read his reviews. 90% of the things he says and writes is stuff that he makes up simply to get hits on his website through N4G. 

For example: Currently there is a 450 degree article from him stating that Kratos is confirmed to be in the new MK game. Why? Because he interviewed Ed Boon and the directors of all the God of War games at the same time and said it'd be cool. So apparently simply mentioning it to them confirms it's gonna happen.

Having him on the podcast would end up being him bullshitting for 2 hours and blowing out his mic. Also while we wouldn't be able to see it I can almost guarantee he'd sit there spinning that stupid belt the entire time so we'd probably hear a "Fffffftttt.... ffffffttt.... ffffffttt...." every time he spins it.  (lol)
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ajamafalous
@TheHT said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" @IceOrb said:
This is unfortunately true. "
Really? You guys honestly think he'd be worse than what's-her-face 775 million lady? "
Well, I couldn't make it more than ten minutes into either of the podcasts she was on, so who knows.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HandsomeDead

What this thread confirmed is that they really need Pachter as a guest. I've always liked him on the Bonus round but his guest spot on the PAX Bombcast panel made me like him even more.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By KaosAngel

has long as its nothaving the drunk girl from last ear im okauy with it!  i hated that show last yare

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vitor
@HandsomeDead said: 

" What this thread confirmed is that they really need Pachter as a guest. I've always liked him on the Bonus round but his guest spot on the PAX Bombcast panel made me like him even more. "

Same - I also love the fact that he's never done a shoutout to Gametrailers but constantly keeps name dropping Giantbomb - maybe the Pachattack videos should fine a new home here.... 

The guy's super interesting and I really enjoy listening to his views. Fact is, he's got a lot more insider knowledge than most of us will ever hope to get so all the cries of him making sh*t up are really a mute point    
IceOrb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IceOrb
@Vitor: We aren't talking about Pachter we are talking about Hip Hop Gamer making shit up.
vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vitor
@IceOrb said:
" @Vitor: We aren't talking about Pachter we are talking about Hip Hop Gamer making shit up. "
I know - but it's a common complaint against Pachter as well (especially on that hive of scum and villainy know as the GT forums)
IceOrb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By IceOrb
@Vitor said:
" @IceOrb said:
" @Vitor: We aren't talking about Pachter we are talking about Hip Hop Gamer making shit up. "
I know - but it's a common complaint against Pachter as well (especially on that hive of scum and villainy know as the GT forums) "
Fair enough.

I wouldn't mind having Pachter on but HHG would be terribad. 

Just get Ice T on and have him quote his twitter updates for 2 hours.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ArchScabby

Hip Hop gamer is an idiot.

It pains me just to type his name, because I have now recognized him as existing.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Devil240Z
@ArchScabby said:
" Hip Hop gamer is an idiot.  It pains me just to type his name, because I have now recognized him as existing. "
How about just not post at all then, ass. 
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ArchScabby
@Devil240Z said:
" @ArchScabby said:
" Hip Hop gamer is an idiot.  It pains me just to type his name, because I have now recognized him as existing. "
How about just not post at all then, ass.  "
lol, are you related or something?
CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By CharleyTony

you can like or dislike HipHopGamer when it comes to his videos and interviews but when it comes to podcasting that is when it ges sour for me.

when you listen to his real podcast "The WarZone" he is the so far from being reasonable when they have arguments. Every time I tried to listen to their show, I got turned off but how this guys thinks, how his logic operates.  

I get that many people can dig the Hip Hop themed game journalism/blogger thing, but please dont start talking about adding this guy to one of the best gaming podcasts out there...

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Devil240Z
@ArchScabby said:
" @Devil240Z said:
" @ArchScabby said:
lol, are you related or something? "
No I'm just not a hater. I don't go around talking shit for no reason. 
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ArchScabby
@Devil240Z said:
" @ArchScabby said:
" @Devil240Z said:
" @ArchScabby said:
No I'm just not a hater. I don't go around talking shit for no reason.  "
Right, so in a thread about someone, you shouldn't talk about that person.  Makes perfect sense.
Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Devil240Z
@ArchScabby said:
" @Devil240Z said:
" @ArchScabby said:
" @Devil240Z said:
" @ArchScabby said:
Right, so in a thread about someone, you shouldn't talk about that person.  Makes perfect sense. "
No, just don't be a dick about it. Why do you have to get upset about his existence? Just say hes not for me and then get on with your life. 
Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#27  Edited By Mystyr_E

I saw him on the new Bonus Round and my god he's irritating. Sounds like the people I hear playing Halo and CoD except he's, you know, in yo face wit all dat gangsta shit, yo, know wut I'm sayin?

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By canucks23
@Devil240Z said:
" @ArchScabby said:
" @Devil240Z said:
" @ArchScabby said:
" @Devil240Z said:
" @ArchScabby said:
Right, so in a thread about someone, you shouldn't talk about that person.  Makes perfect sense. "
No, just don't be a dick about it. Why do you have to get upset about his existence? Just say hes not for me and then get on with your life.  "
Why are you getting so defensive about it? HHG is annoying as hell, he'd be a terrible guest on the bombcast.
GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By GunnBjorn

It's always encouraging to see that people with not even the slightest of talent can make a name for themselves. It gives me hope.
Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Devil240Z
@canucks23 said:
" @Devil240Z said:
" @ArchScabby said:
" @Devil240Z said:
" @ArchScabby said:
" @Devil240Z said:
" @ArchScabby said:
No, just don't be a dick about it. Why do you have to get upset about his existence? Just say hes not for me and then get on with your life.  "
Why are you getting so defensive about it? HHG is annoying as hell, he'd be a terrible guest on the bombcast. "  
I've been a fan of HHG since his first video on youtube. One of the first guys I ever heard say nice things about the PS3 back when it was extra cool to hate on the it. I will never stop defending HHG, I owe him that much. 
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Branthog
@IceOrb said:
Pachter is mentioned, because he was nice enough to talk with this "special" fella (HHG, apparently?) in a video on his PachAttack at PAX. I've never heard of the guy before, but I really do think it's swell that Pachter treated him like a normal person and didn't even acknowledge his intellectual disability whatsoever. Very kind and generous.
fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By fjordson

What the Bombcast needs is a good ol' fashioned Pach-Attack.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Branthog

First, the bombcasts need to start being recorded TO VIDEO (if nothing else, then at least as a subscriber bonus). Second, they then need to have both Pachter and Ken Levine on an extended episode to speak candidly about all sorts of great industry topics. That would be a phenomenal show.

Also, I would be pretty stoked if part of my subscription went to bringing Pachter to Giant Bomb. His short weekly shows are the only thing I go to GameTrailers for and I think they'd be far better here, where it would be part of an actual community instead of lost in a shuffle of 400 new video trailers every week.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By fjordson
@Branthog said:
" First, the bombcasts need to start being recorded TO VIDEO (if nothing else, then at least as a subscriber bonus). Second, they then need to have both Pachter and Ken Levine on an extended episode to speak candidly about all sorts of great industry topics. That would be a phenomenal show.
Would be an amazing show.
bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bearshamanbro

I've seen quite a few HHGS videos and he is entertaining just to see how people interact with him. I'm a fan of just his interviews. He really does open people up and he gets people excited to talk about what games they're working on. Even if you haven't heard of him, he does get lots of insider access and regularly gets access to big names in the industry. With that said, I'm not sure how he would fit into being a guest on the Bombcast. i fear HHG would sound very 'amatuerish' on the podcast as I don't think he could hold his own in discussion. A lot of dumb crap can come out of this mouth. On his regular podcast everyone else argues and challenges him on this stuff, but it would be awkward on the Bombcast if they didn't reign him in. Who knows though, it could be two hours of craziness. He'd be good on the Live show.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By Jeffsekai

As much as I think the first 10 minutes would be epic and awesome, by the end of 2hrs I would prolly want to kill my self. 

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I really wish It wasn't going to happen =\
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AuthenticM
@Meteora said:
" Jeff + Hip Hop Gamer + Ice-T = Oh gawdddd "
IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!
TheWan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By TheWan

I'll never understand the disgust with the HHG. I like him. The guy loves games, great personality, his energy towards everything about games is amazing. The guy started from a crappy PS eyetoy and is now recognized by everyone in the games industry. Haters gonna hate I guess.
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By keyhunter

Fuck yes. Jeff throws on a whole lot more "flava" when he talks to that guy. A podcast featuring him would be of quality pho sho.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mazik765
@IceOrb said:
" @TheHT:  Yes.  Take a moment to go and watch some of his videos and read his reviews. 90% of the things he says and writes is stuff that he makes up simply to get hits on his website through N4G.   For example: Currently there is a 450 degree article from him stating that Kratos is confirmed to be in the new MK game. Why? Because he interviewed Ed Boon and the directors of all the God of War games at the same time and said it'd be cool. So apparently simply mentioning it to them confirms it's gonna happen.  Having him on the podcast would end up being him bullshitting for 2 hours and blowing out his mic. Also while we wouldn't be able to see it I can almost guarantee he'd sit there spinning that stupid belt the entire time so we'd probably hear a "Fffffftttt.... ffffffttt.... ffffffttt...." every time he spins it.  (lol) "
I have no idea who HipHopGamer is, but Leigh Alexander will always be the worst guest to ever appear on the bombcast. She's loud, conceited, obnoxious, has no idea what she's talking about and comes off as a giant ditz. I sat through the whole E3 listening to her talk over everyone else who ever tried to voice an opinion and could not understand why anyone would ever hire her to do anything.
ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ch3burashka

Who? 

Also, Pachter.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By Animasta
@mazik765 said:
" @IceOrb said:
" @TheHT:  Yes.  Take a moment to go and watch some of his videos and read his reviews. 90% of the things he says and writes is stuff that he makes up simply to get hits on his website through N4G.   For example: Currently there is a 450 degree article from him stating that Kratos is confirmed to be in the new MK game. Why? Because he interviewed Ed Boon and the directors of all the God of War games at the same time and said it'd be cool. So apparently simply mentioning it to them confirms it's gonna happen.  Having him on the podcast would end up being him bullshitting for 2 hours and blowing out his mic. Also while we wouldn't be able to see it I can almost guarantee he'd sit there spinning that stupid belt the entire time so we'd probably hear a "Fffffftttt.... ffffffttt.... ffffffttt...." every time he spins it.  (lol) "
I have no idea who HipHopGamer is, but Leigh Alexander will always be the worst guest to ever appear on the bombcast. She's loud, conceited, obnoxious, has no idea what she's talking about and comes off as a giant ditz. I sat through the whole E3 listening to her talk over everyone else who ever tried to voice an opinion and could not understand why anyone would ever hire her to do anything. "
I'm sorry if that one thing disabled you from reading any of her stuff, because she writes some excellent articles. BUT OH NO SHE WAS DRUNK AND ANNOYING ON A PODCAST ONCE (or twice)