#51 Posted by dudeglove (7722 posts) -

I'm sayin' nothing.

#52 Edited by MattyFTM (14366 posts) -

OK, now is the point where I look through my "Giant Bomb Forum Posts" bookmarks folder and find all the best ones from history. I knew that it would come in handy eventually (these are in a pretty random order):

I'm sure I'm missing out tones of awesome shit that has happened on the forums, but they're the only good things I bothered to bookmark.

#53 Posted by Clubvodka (417 posts) -

It is so damn weird looking at old versions of the site. Got to say though I'm not a big online community guy but aside from the odd epic thread about ads, this is one of the friendliest and most cultured sites on the interwebs.

#54 Posted by Muerthoz (347 posts) -

I think the Surstromming video needs to be included. Because of that video, my brother calls Giantbomb, "That website that people send weird shit to for those guys to eat." 

#55 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton said:

I think the original Endurance run is an important event for GB.

Also

Never forget white shirted Vinny!
Oh god...it's like the evil twin all he needs is a soul patch goatee 
#56 Posted by Yummylee (21477 posts) -

The first ever Scrub League is rather notable I'd say! All the way back from April 25th? (that's when it was uploaded to GB.. I think it aired the day before) Astonished to see how fast this year appears to be going. 

#57 Edited by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@CitizenKane 

Hey 
http://www.giantbomb.com/brad-shoemaker/72-89869/brads-photobomb/35-398747/#655 
1 year 3 months ago 

And also your thread about brads meme thing, most of them have disappeared though cause Meme generator is a bitch 

@Redbullet685
said:

@TurboMan said:

Is there any allowed talk about Giant Bombs most secret... most Epic PM ever?

Epic PM is the worst thing ever.
well you're just wrong,  

GBDBAX! 

GBDBAX!

GBDBAX!

#58 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

I've only been on gb for 18 months and most of my memories relate to the wiki.
I remember a year ago some user with a David Guetta avatar farmed the entire wiki for points, ending up with more points than most of the top users on the site before getting shot down by the wiki gods. I remember people posting on his wall, telling him that the end was nigh. After being banned from the wiki, he tried to explain himself in blog posts before fading into oblivion

#59 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@Abyssfull:  

You're getting old my son
#60 Posted by rmanthorp (3910 posts) -
#61 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

Most notable trolls?  

For we are all better people because of the likes of GovermentCheese and Hitman  

He is apparently a 40 yr old man who likes ham radios, And his son is in the marines in Japan, in Okinawa, Japan, the marines of Japan, in Okinawa, the Japanese marines, of Japan, Japan, marines.....

73sssssssssssss

#62 Posted by Sweep (8838 posts) -

@CitizenKane: Dave is my homie. He can yell at me whenever he wants <3

#63 Edited by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@CitizenKane:  
We should remember QOTW! 
Lemon, The Bee, Alex Navaro's look alike, that dude who always takes way too long, Omninomromicron or however that dudes name went 

They were fucking awesome for awhile 
One of the best hands down! 

oooooOOOOOOHHHHHHWAAAAooooooo
  V-pain
#64 Edited by sirdesmond (1234 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

I regret that I've joined Giantbomb recently, but I'll be sure to read up on my history, once it's done.

Same here.

#65 Edited by Red12b (9084 posts) -

The   

XBOXALYPSE

And Vinny's guitar and Drew's awesome Halo 2 skills 

You know you're addicted to something when instead of going out on a Friday night you stay up to the wee hours of Saturday morning watching a not-live 6 hour live stream and not regretting it.

The afterparty live live show live
#66 Edited by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

@Qodot said:

Is there some sort of way to keep rolling updates of the history? I think it would be useful to have a "current revision" or something like that, so people know what's already in the archive. For example, I witnessed the Whiskeypocalypse, but I think people have already submitted information on that, so I don't want to be redundant.
If there was a Wikia or something like that (can you create those for free?), that might be useful for building a history. People could put some barebones information on events, then improve it over time, with better writing and people adding their own memories of specific details and so on (or even writing entire separate "journals," like the blog posts some people wrote about surviving the Whiskeypocalypse, and linking to them from the main page).
The only thing I can think of to contribute right now (that doesn't have a record you can just see for yourself) is inconsequential memes from Whiskeypocalypse like Hardcore Dave's InSnider and DAT SPEAR. Oh, and Patrick Klepek posting news on Google Docs.
There's some stuff which is useful, like a documentation of the Whiskeypocalypse, since it provides a convenient way to read what happened. But you can just ask anyone, or watch the stream, if you're curious about that. I think a really important use of this is that together the community can assemble a more complete picture of Giantbomb from our collective memories than anyone could alone - including memories that aren't in videos, but in difficult-to-find threads, or even chats that weren't saved. If we don't write that down now, it could just be lost, which is a tragedy as a lot of this stuff is very funny and interesting.
Hmmm. On a related note, maybe we should download the Whiskeypocalypse stuff off Justin.tv and put it up on some hosting site? I don't think it's on Giant Bomb, and it seems that Justin.tv's archive videos are deleted after a while.

It doesn't matter what you think has already been submitted. I actually want multiple writings of the same event. It gives a better picture of history.

I don't want this to fall into the hands of a Wikia where anybody can edit anything. It just opens up a whole mess of possible trouble. The idea of a Wiki where only I and a few others are allowed to edit is something I will consider.

#67 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

@Red12b said:

Most notable trolls? For we are all better people because of the likes of GovermentCheese and Hitman He is apparently a 40 yr old man who likes ham radios, And his son is in the marines in Japan, in Okinawa, Japan, the marines of Japan, in Okinawa, the Japanese marines, of Japan, Japan, marines..... 73sssssssssssss

I almost forgot about GovernmentCheese. He was amazing.

#68 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:

@Red12b said:

Most notable trolls? For we are all better people because of the likes of GovermentCheese and Hitman He is apparently a 40 yr old man who likes ham radios, And his son is in the marines in Japan, in Okinawa, Japan, the marines of Japan, in Okinawa, the Japanese marines, of Japan, Japan, marines..... 73sssssssssssss

Never forget
#69 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

@Red12b said:

@CitizenKane said:

@Red12b said:

Never forget

This is why I started this project: so we can never forget.

#70 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:

@Red12b said:

@CitizenKane said:

@Red12b said:

Never forget

What if we get Alzheimers? 
#71 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

@Red12b said:

@CitizenKane said:

@Red12b said:

@CitizenKane said:

@Red12b said:

Never forget

What if we get Alzheimers?

Hopefully I will have this project completed before that happens.

#73 Posted by Random88 (284 posts) -

No one is more Authentic than Kid Rock

#74 Edited by Impossibilium (684 posts) -
#75 Posted by BadSniper52 (607 posts) -

AND THAT WAS E3!!!!

<>

#76 Posted by Matthew (1911 posts) -

Check this thread for the initial reactions to the Membership and pricing details as it rolled out.

Hamst3r and his AWESOME Community Song. That guy is crazy. Crazy AWESOME.

#77 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

@Matthew: Don't worry, Hamst3r will be well represented, along with buzz_clik.

#78 Edited by supermike6 (3556 posts) -

I've been here for two years and I don't remember anything, so I'm pumped to read this when it's done :P

#79 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

The rise and fall of HitmanAgent47.

#80 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -
#81 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

i checked out some of these links and this is great for a new user like me to understand the history of this website and all the crap that happened in between

#82 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

@LiquidSwords said:

Is it just me, or does Jeff's look like a mugshot after a DUI arrest?

#83 Posted by Dalai (7017 posts) -

I demand the origins of Police Sketch Jeff be told!

Still wanted for rape.
#84 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

@Dalai: I demand this as well.

#85 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

@CitizenKane:

Its like they chose the weird, sketchy pictures only.

#86 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
#87 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@LiquidSwords said:
No Vinny? 

@TheSeductiveMoose said:
He didn't really rise though, unless you are comparing him to bread?
#88 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
#89 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

@Red12b:

The website had no mention of Vinny. It was posted 3 years ago.

#90 Posted by Qodot (105 posts) -

Police Sketch Jeff is from a thread where people were asked to draw the crew. Let me try and dig it up... 

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/draw-pictures-of-the-giant-bomb-team/257669/ 
The picture is posted near the end of page 2. It actually only generated a little bit of buzz, with interest quickly dying down - it wasn't mentioned at all by page 4. Noobeffect captioned it with "DID THE RAPIST LOOK LIKE THIS, MA'AM?" on page 5 and the thread quickly spiraled into madness. BiffMcBlumpkin putting the face on lists of terrorists, milk cartons, and the infamous "RAPIST SEARCH" photo started the tradition of putting it in other pictures, making it a solid meme, and cemented its position in the halls of GiantBomb history.

I, for one, would like to know the origins of the dragon-having-sex-with-a-car picture, and also that Jeff/Ryan fanfic (possibly involving cannibalism?) that I've only ever heard oblique references to. People seem too terrified to do anything more than mention them in passing. 
Oh, and the YOU CAN'T BEAT 100 PERCENT picture. I've looked into that a little bit (it seems like it originated on Gamespot before GB was born) but I haven't found anything. Probably from a Gamespot podcast or something.

#91 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

@Qodot: Thank you so much for that link.

#92 Posted by Qodot (105 posts) -
@CitizenKane: Any time!
#93 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@grant742 said:
If only there was some video about the origins of Giant Bomb, it would be useful for something like this 
I bet no one gets it.  Fine, I think the Giant Bomb: Origins video that I made would serve a purpose 

i think we need a new trailer with all the interns and Patrick in it.
#94 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:

@Qodot: Thank you so much for that link.

LiquidPrince the magic man
#95 Edited by BoG (5187 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:

The infamous ItalyCanadian9 incident.

The only thing we need. I was totally going to mention this. I think my favorite parts of site history are silly forum threads. 

EDIT: I just scanned the thread for old times sake. I'm a dick.  
Also, anyone have that "Which video game character do you want to have sex with" (or something like that)? That was a classic.
#96 Edited by rmanthorp (3910 posts) -

Denis Dyack.

#97 Posted by dudeglove (7722 posts) -

@TheSeductiveMoose said:

#98 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
#99 Posted by dudeglove (7722 posts) -

@CitizenKane:

#100 Posted by TurboMan (7500 posts) -

@dudeglove:

This might be the perfect time to reveal that book I was going to release.....

which includes famous quips like: