Hit Seigmeyer By Accident

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

#1  Edited By elyk247

So I made it to Anor Londo, and I went down the stairs to where Siegmeyer complains about the three knights in the room. As I was trying to dodge an attack, a knight hit him and he turned hostile towards me. I know I can visit that dude at the Undead Parish to repent "my" sins, but is there a way to leave Anor Londo once you jump off that ledge to get inside the huge cathedral/palace? If so, can I do it before I fight Smough and Ornstein?

Really wishing Dark Souls had save files right about now, lol.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

If you make it the rest of the way through the cathedral to the front area, you can use a lever there to open the front gate. That will let you run down the stairs, back across the rotating bridge, and back up the elevator to where you were carried to Anor Londo.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@elyk247 said:

You mean it doesn't? How? Why?

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wemibelle

@video_game_king said:

@elyk247 said:

You mean it doesn't? How? Why?

I'm sure he meant instead of autosaving like it does now, preventing you from easily going back when you make a mistake. You could back up your saves, but you'd never know when something might happen. It is possible on the PC with a mod, though.

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks man. I wanted to know if my efforts were gonna be in vain before I even tried anything. Not really looking forward to giving away all my souls for it, but like they say, when it rains it pours.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wemibelle

@elyk247 said:

Thanks man. I wanted to know if my efforts were gonna be in vain before I even tried anything. Not really looking forward to giving away all my souls for it, but like they say, when it rains it pours.

Siegmeyer isn't really all that useful. You could just ignore him for the rest of the game. You can get a high level crafting item from him by helping in a certain way, but if you aren't looking to do something very specific in your playthrough, you'd probably be safe skipping it.

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing on PS3 right now, and I've got the notion in my head to see every side quest through. It's a bit OCD, but I'm enjoying the game and don't want to miss anything.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Repenting your sins removes NPC hostilities? Does it also bring them back? I figured it just had some kind of Blades of the Darkmoon effect, like indictments.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@development: It won't revive dead NPCs but it will resolve hostilities.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

i never saw him or hardly any other side NPC for that matter on my first playthrough because they showed up at such obscure times and there was no hint as to where or when they would show up. and a lot of the time if you missed them in that one section the rest of their story is gone for you. this is the kind of thing the developers are fixing in the next game .. .

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By BisonHero

Putting this in General Discussion probably isn't the greatest choice.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Took me a second to figure out what this thread was about since it was under General Discussion. Wish I could be helpful, but I haven't ventured into the Dark Souls/Demon's Souls universe.