Hollywood movie based on a Let's Play

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Thought of this is like a worm eating my brain and I just had to share it.

I had a nightmare. In it I was in a reality where Hollywood had released big budget movie based on a let's play.

Could this really happen? How soon? Would anybody go and see it?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah, easy. Paranormal Activity but with a scare cam.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I want a 5 movie series covering the tales of woe and wonder (but mostly woe) that is Boatmurdered.

Or maybe an HBO show or something.

TyrellOCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@shindig: That's the trailer template for anual franchised horror movies;

Point an infrared camera at a test audience and get a few talking heads afterwards.

Could see the possibility of a movie being made from a narrative that developed out of the commentary.

A Fred and SMOSH movie have been produced, it's only a matter of time.

The Lego Movie was good. There is always potential for interesting and entertaining stories.

southexpected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokecapn and his crew play.. Sonic 2006. Can they maintain their sanity?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Honestly Hollywood makes such awful uninteresting movies that this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My night is ruined.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Dragon_Puncher

A would watch a movie based on the Persona 4 endurance run. It would need to be a 100 hours long though obviously, otherwise there's no way it'll capture the riveting experience of fusing.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ShaggE

Coming in 2017: PewDieDIE!

... Oh no. This is totally going to be a thing, isn't it? We're already getting a creepypasta TV series, after all.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By devise22

@alexw00d said:

Honestly Hollywood makes such awful uninteresting movies that this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Spoken like such a pessimist. Don't get me wrong, a lot of big hollywood movies are in fact garbage. But to ignore the gems, and then go back a few years to say 2014 and see one of the best years for film both in Hollywood and out, it's tough to be so negative in my mind. While Hollywood still shills a lot of crap, the amount of big budget movies that can combine the glory of good effects, good camera work/sound and the usual big money things that actually are worth while with quality characters and writing is growing.

To reply to the topic at hand, it's only a matter of time for this. Even if it's not a movie that directly shows a lot of game footage from a Let's Play, eventually there will be a big enough of a life story from a Let's Play person that a biopic will be done on them, or loosely based on them. It's become such a thing that the odds of a character in a movie doing Let's Play as a career even is very likely.

saethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I went to see Deadpool, I had a very similar thought to this when they showed the trailer for Hardcore Henry. It seriously looks like a big budget FMV game that you're watching someone else play. It also happens to look like the most boring by the numbers shooter game ever made, but idk.

Loading Video...

I just want a version of this movie that has a quick time event every 10 seconds and 300 different death scenes. On Laserdisc.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@devise22 said:
@alexw00d said:

Spoken like such a pessimist. Don't get me wrong, a lot of big hollywood movies are in fact garbage. But to ignore the gems, and then go back a few years to say 2014 and see one of the best years for film both in Hollywood and out, it's tough to be so negative in my mind. While Hollywood still shills a lot of crap, the amount of big budget movies that can combine the glory of good effects, good camera work/sound and the usual big money things that actually are worth while with quality characters and writing is growing.

To reply to the topic at hand, it's only a matter of time for this. Even if it's not a movie that directly shows a lot of game footage from a Let's Play, eventually there will be a big enough of a life story from a Let's Play person that a biopic will be done on them, or loosely based on them. It's become such a thing that the odds of a character in a movie doing Let's Play as a career even is very likely.

Wut?I didn't say all hollywood films are shit, I said it MAKES shit films. Which it does, by the bucket load. And as such this wouldn't surprise me.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By crithon

Oh it's totally going to happen. The film industry is DESPERATE FOR ANYTHING, Pirates of the Caribbean a film about a ride. Clue a film about a board game.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battleship already happened.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I'm thinking more along the lines of a Let's Play rom-com. Mild mannered, shy quirky dude is a loser in life and love, gets picked on at work etc. but he's good at video games. At a bar with his one friend who jokingly suggests that his friend starts a 'Let's Play' series to boost his confidence. Boom - internet celebrity. He meets the girl in a twitch chat. Things get complicated when he teams up with the most famous female Lets Player and this makes girl 1 jealous. It all works out okay - girl 1 is going to give up on him. He either: a) proposes live while streaming of b) runs off during the biggest stream of his life to go and chase after the girl. PewDiPie cameo required in this film. I'm trademarking, patenting and copyrighting this idea right now. Hit me up film studios.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ONE MAN

A PERSONAL COMPUTER

A WEBCAM

In a world were his every move is being observed by 500.000 live stream viewers...

He must finish ONE HORROR INDIE GAME before midnight...

Is it going to crash?

Will the capture card keep working?

Will his uncle walk into his room?

FIND OUT THIS FALL

Jinoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

SWATTING: The Movie

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sterling

Doesn't this movie already exist? Gamer. Wasn't that about people playing a video game that was streamed out on TV. And the avatars they played were real people.

ZookZoltn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim Berners Lee is the destroyer of worlds.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zookzoltn: I'm talking about a movie, but yeah, that's crazy too.

I give it two years at the most before people are buying tickets to see a Swedish man scream about barrels on the silver screen. And a day later, there will be photos of theaters full of kids "bro-fisting" the screen, and the media mistaking the rows of teens with their fists raised at an angle as proof that Pewdiepie is recruiting either Black Panthers or United Farm Workers. Weirdly, both theories will turn out to be true.