• 147 results
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#101  Edited By mikemcn

Thank god for this post, i just found out they are updating BF2 to 1.50 for Vista ! NOW IT WILL ACTUALLY WORK! (Maybe)  I should check out the EA forums more often......
xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By xMP44x

Hmm... nothing seems to be happening at the moment. I've noticed two accounts there that are obviously part of the attack though. I'm not sure if it would be against the rules to post their names though.

Just wondering, what is happening at 7PM Central Time?

Chuongster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Chuongster
@CL60 said:

Again, why shouldn't they say no to it if it will cause some of there games to crash? "

I don't think i wanna have a conversation with someone who can't differentiate between their adverbs and possessive pronouns.

EDIT: Ironic emphasis added.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By CL60
@Chuongster said:

" @CL60 said:

Again, why shouldn't they say no to it if it will cause some of there games to crash? "
I don't think i wanna have a conversation with someone who can't differentiate between their adverbs and possessive pronouns. "
Oh boohoo, cry me a river. 

You know you fail when you pick out little minor grammatical errors in 1 post to use against them. I wasn't even being hostile to you, then you go all dick on me. Go away.
L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By L33tfella_H
@CL60 said:
" @Chuongster said:
"
@CL60 said:
" @Chuongster said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Karn said:
" What did EA do this time? "
Nothing really. Just Sony fanboys crying. "
D: "
? I can totally understand where EA is coming from, from my understanding Sony decides to add this in now, and by adding it in some of EA's games wont work so they are refusing the new firmware update. What's so wrong about that? "

No Caption Provided
"
It's not that it'll Crash the games, it's that it WON'T be enabled with those games, and EA are being Pissy about it.
Chuongster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Chuongster
@CL60: Technically, I went 'all dick' on you before you started typing like Mike Tyson.  I pretty much disregarded anything you said after you initially demonstrated your biased perspective of PS3 owners and fans in general, even though you clearly knew nothing of the issue.

For the record, I have a Wii.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By CL60
@Chuongster said:
" @CL60: Technically, I went 'all dick' on you before you started typing like Mike Tyson.  I pretty much disregarded anything you said after you initially demonstrated your biased perspective of PS3 owners and fans in general, even though you clearly knew nothing of the issue.  For the record, I have a Wii. "
I have a PS3, good job dude, and I'm pretty sure one grammatical error isn't "typing like Mike Tyson" You need to grow up dude. Keep your bullshit off of GiantBomb or leave. Choose one.
Chuongster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Chuongster
@CL60 said:
" @Chuongster said:
" @CL60: Technically, I went 'all dick' on you before you started typing like Mike Tyson.  I pretty much disregarded anything you said after you initially demonstrated your biased perspective of PS3 owners and fans in general, even though you clearly knew nothing of the issue.  For the record, I have a Wii. "
I have a PS3, good job dude, and I'm pretty sure one grammatical error isn't "typing like Mike Tyson" You need to grow up dude. Keep your bullshit off of GiantBomb or leave. Choose one. "
lol?
karneh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#109  Edited By karneh

This is about voice chat?

ahahahahaha

Chuongster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Chuongster
@Karn:  Word.
Skillface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111  Edited By Skillface

Because a few idiots = an entire fanbase amirite?

This is no place for stupid console wars discussion.

Chuongster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Chuongster
@Skillface said:

" Because a few idiots = an entire fanbase amirite?  This is no place for stupid console wars discussion. "

I totally agree.  Unlike some others...

@CL60 said:

" @Karn said:

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By ryanwho

This is like town hall protests but several times stupider. This is the thing these people get passionate about, with all the real world problems. Laughable.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#114  Edited By AndrewB

Mreh. Whatever gets results, I say. The form of protest may be childish, but if it garners the attention of gaming blogs, maybe EA will do the right thing, even if it means they're sort of forced to do it to avoid the negative PR.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#115  Edited By AgentJ
@dcpc10 said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @Chuongster said:
" @AgentJ:  7pm central "
This might be worth watching. I think I might pull up a chair, put on some popcorn, and get my refresh finger ready.  "
Wait what happens at that specific time? "
@Metroid545 said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @Chuongster said:
This might be worth watching. I think I might pull up a chair, put on some popcorn, and get my refresh finger ready.  "
wait I think i missed something are they attacking again at that time or something? "
That's exactly whats happening.  
@Mikemcn said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @Chuongster said:
Does this mean i have to spend the next 5 hours, trying to figure out what my EA password was so i can login..... "
no, you can watch it all without logging in. 
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By ryanwho

I'm pretty all this level of protest does is single out the kind of people its perfectly okay to ignore. I mean really, is the endgame here some EA exec seeing scat in a thread and going "well by golly that settles it, we must give in"?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By CL60
@Chuongster said:

@CL60

said:

" @Karn said:

"
Ermm...it is just sony fanboys crying...do you think it's Nintendo fanboys crying about it or something. I never once said it was the entire fanbase, I clearly just said it's just sony fanboys crying, which it indeed is.
Chuongster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Chuongster
@CL60 said:
" @Chuongster said:

@CL60

said:

" @Karn said:

"
Ermm...it is just sony fanboys crying...do you think it's Nintendo fanboys crying about it or something. I never once said it was the entire fanbase, I clearly just said it's just sony fanboys crying, which it indeed is. "
lol so clueless...
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Absurd
@KaosAngel said:
" ...it did with Ubisoft a couple years ago.  Anyone remember that one?  It was epic and awesome. "
I do...It was horrifying, yet awesome.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By CL60
@Chuongster said:
" @CL60 said:
" @Chuongster said:

@CL60

said:

" @Karn said:

"
Ermm...it is just sony fanboys crying...do you think it's Nintendo fanboys crying about it or something. I never once said it was the entire fanbase, I clearly just said it's just sony fanboys crying, which it indeed is. "
lol so clueless... "
How about you fuck off. What the fuck did I do to you? Go troll somewhere else. You do not make any sense at all and I call you out on it and your only come back is. "LAWL UR CLUELESS!" Seriously, fuck off.
LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#121  Edited By LiquidSwords

Even more reasons to hate fanboys
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#122  Edited By mikemcn
@Chuongster said:

Calm down dude, seriously
deadly_polo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#123  Edited By deadly_polo

How can everyone be certain that this is legit, and indeed if it is slightly, I'm sure there is no way that a major brand like EA would stop supporting a major console. I'm still buying FIFA 10 on my PS3, and I think any boycotts are stupid.

Chuongster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Chuongster
@Mikemcn:

@CL60 said:
" How about you fuck off. What the fuck did I do to you? Go troll somewhere else. You do not make any sense at all and I call you out on it and your only come back is. "LAWL UR CLUELESS!" Seriously, fuck off. "
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By trophyhunter

really?

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#126  Edited By PJ

I have no fucking Idea what anyone is talking about here. A tip, post a link to the story or to the place where its all happening, just for future reference.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By EdIsCool

The title says the EA forums go to general discussion, the good stuff seems to have been deleted by mods though

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#128  Edited By clubsandwich

meh, lat for he pary, I don't see any trolling or nasties.

Chuongster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Chuongster
@PJ:  You mean like these posts, which are on page 2?

@Poki3 said:

" I think I found what everyone is talking about. Is it this? :/ "

@Poki3

said:

" @get2sammyb said:

Yeah. Guy who posted that knew everything about the Slim, right down to the tiniest most impossible details.  So everyone's assuming he's right about the EA thing. That they're basically blocking Sony from implementing cross game chat and in-game soundtracks because they can only get it to work on 95% of the backcatalogue, and some of the games that don't work are EA ones. They don't want their games to look inferior.  I don't believe any of it, but Sony have to come out and make a comment. Even if this is true - the fanboys are just wrecking a relationship with EA right now. "

Although I hate to admit it he does look like a "reliable source". Seems he's working at Sony Japan. Hope we never find out who he is, because he'll lose his job in an instant.
I don't know if Sony... CAN say anything at this point. It's a lose-lose situation. They can deny it, and lie, or admit it, and piss of EA even more. The most civilized solution would be for EA to swallow their superiority complex and let Sony put it out or better yet, work with Sony and put out a patch for their games if they're so angry about it. Of course everyone can just be all hush hush about it, people will forget about it someday.

Also, here's a better link covering the story:  http://www.ps3center.net//news/3566/rumor-ea-preventing-universal-ingame-voice-chat-on-ps3/ "
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By AgentJ

I'm suprised that the SDF wants this so much. Hasn't it been they that have decried XBLA for having a bunch of prepubescent rascist homophobes shouting into the mic continuously during games? On top of that, they want people that aren't even playing the same game to be whining their earlobes dead? Just shows some blatant hypocracy is all. Not saying that everyone felt that way, but you can be sure some opinions changed.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By EdIsCool

take anything off a fanboy and they go nuts.However give them nothing and they are happy..to attack a superior product...i.e live...its weird

Chuongster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Chuongster
@EdIsCool said:
" take anything off a fanboy and they go nuts.However give them nothing and they are happy..to attack a superior product...i.e live...its weird "
?
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By trophyhunter

what the fuck is the big deal about that stupid chat feature?
if that actually came out I don't know anyone who would actually use it

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By JJOR64

Damn.  I must have missed all the EA forum action.  :(

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Meltac

Apparently the whole thing was a rumor and fake! 

" Rather than jump to conclusions, we decided to contact the two parties involved for comment on the situation. First to respond was Jeff Brown, EA's vice president of corporate communication. "Not no-how, not no-way did that ever happen. This is a total fabrication – total nonsense. We think voice chat is an extremely cool feature and added it to Madden/ PS3." Brown then added, "We support cross-game voice on other systems and would be happy to do that on any console."

Soon after Brown responded to our inquiry, Sony's senior director of corporate communications Patrick Seybold also responded, keeping things short and sweet. "This is rumor and frankly not true. " "

http://kotaku.com/5347123/is-ea-holding-back-ps3-cross+game-voice-chat

Poki3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#136  Edited By Poki3
@Meltac said:
" Apparently the whole thing was a rumor and fake! 

" Rather than jump to conclusions, we decided to contact the two parties involved for comment on the situation. First to respond was Jeff Brown, EA's vice president of corporate communication. "Not no-how, not no-way did that ever happen. This is a total fabrication – total nonsense. We think voice chat is an extremely cool feature and added it to Madden/ PS3." Brown then added, "We support cross-game voice on other systems and would be happy to do that on any console."

Soon after Brown responded to our inquiry, Sony's senior director of corporate communications Patrick Seybold also responded, keeping things short and sweet. "This is rumor and frankly not true. " "

"
So denial then. Maybe it's fake, maybe they're just denying it... but if they are, maybe this will make them cooperate witch each other and pull this out.
Well as far as we're concerned we just have to wait till 3.0 comes out and see what it offers.
Chuongster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Chuongster
@Poki3:  I think Meltac still might have money in Enron.  ;)
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By AgentJ
@Meltac said:

"
Yep, this is the SDF for ya. overreacting to a rumor. 
chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#139  Edited By chstupid

Damn I was too late :(
Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Meltac
@Poki3 said:
" @Meltac said:

"
So denial then. Maybe it's fake, maybe they're just denying it... but if they are, maybe this will make them cooperate witch each other and pull this out. Well as far as we're concerned we just have to wait till 3.0 comes out and see what it offers. "
Yeah, I was wondering if they just denying it, too. Could be :/
Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Lowbrow

Sure was an entertaining couple of hours thought.

Got me through work.

Inb4lock.

Buccura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#142  Edited By Buccura

Well if the Spore community can get EA to be less dickish about the DRM maybe the Sony fanboys can do the same, cause god knows how crusader like console fanboys can be.

EDIT: I just saw a "EA your full of shit" post. Good thing I was not eating when I saw it X.X

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Wow, I'm surprised about how much attention this EA/Sony/4chan fiasco got on this board. Cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where were these anti EA console supporters when EA decided to not make games for the Dreamcast?
And then when they eventually bought NFL exclusivity cause the games that were made for the Dreamcast instead were superior

Oh yeah, they were in diapers then.

Actually, it seems like a whole lot of the SDF still uses their pacifiers

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#145  Edited By jakob187

Alright, so out of curiosity, what's the deal with this whole "EA cock blocking PS3" thing that everyone is talking about? 

**EDIT*  Nvm.  I see what everyone is going on about.  Regardless, I'm taking EA's side and saying that it's bullshit for the potential of cross-over voice chat to potentially break pre-existing back catalog games.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#146  Edited By yetiantics

n4g? that explains everything. bunch of idiots.
clumsyg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By clumsyg
@jakob187 said:
" Alright, so out of curiosity, what's the deal with this whole "EA cock blocking PS3" thing that everyone is talking about?  **EDIT*  Nvm.  I see what everyone is going on about.  Regardless, I'm taking EA's side and saying that it's bullshit for the potential of cross-over voice chat to potentially break pre-existing back catalog games. "
i wonder which ea games would have been "broken" if these rumors were true. the only one listed was harry potter. and the report didn't say that the games would be unplayable -- only that crosstalk and xmb wouldn't be supported. sucks that one company would keep a whole user base from a cool feature because a few people playing a few games couldn't do what everyone else did.