Posted by Jadeskye (4392 posts) -

Words cannot describe how excited i am by the prospect of the incredibly popular web comic Homestuck getting it's own fan made fighting game.

Confirmed features are:

• HD Sprite based characters
  • a parry system
  • Supers (Fraymotif moves) And Ultras (Final Flip-out)

If it was any other fan made project i'd suspect it would never be made but i have high hopes for this. Anyone else enjoyed the magic of homestuck as is as excited by this as i am?

#1 Posted by Jadeskye (4392 posts) -

Words cannot describe how excited i am by the prospect of the incredibly popular web comic Homestuck getting it's own fan made fighting game.

Confirmed features are:

• HD Sprite based characters
  • a parry system
  • Supers (Fraymotif moves) And Ultras (Final Flip-out)

If it was any other fan made project i'd suspect it would never be made but i have high hopes for this. Anyone else enjoyed the magic of homestuck as is as excited by this as i am?

#2 Posted by AjayRaz (12692 posts) -

i'd assume half the reason why you're excited is because there's a parry system :p  

i've never read this comic but it sounds neat. fan made fighting games done well are awesome

#3 Posted by Slab64 (1107 posts) -

I haven't seen a whole lot of homestuck, it seemed a little too precious and self-aware for my tastes so I quickly lost interest. Is it pretty much the same thing throughout?

#4 Posted by Jadeskye (4392 posts) -

@Slab64: It's a story that grows and grows until it gains suda 51 style insanity. starting off very sims-esque, growing to a point where there are multiple concurrent timelines all converging in multiple universes to save the nature of existance. it's insane, complicated, incredibly well written stuff.