#1 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

Hey guys -

We're going to try some HoMM duels for TNT today, then follow it up with Space Marine. If you happen to have HoMM, please try to be around at 4PM so we'll have some people to play. I'm not terribly good at the game, so no worry if you're new to the series yourself. We just thought it might be fun to show off a game that not a lot of people are familiar with for a change.

#2 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

bump!

#3 Posted by NoXious (1338 posts) -

Hope it works out! I'd have been all over the new HoMM if I weren't so busy lately. I'd make an exception if it were a new Age of Wonders though.

#4 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

Nice to see some PC games besides TF2... also, people aren't familiar with the HoMM series? Oh, the humanity.

#5 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11471 posts) -

@snide: I have Heroes VI, so if no one else shows up at least there will be me.

#6 Posted by Applekid (64 posts) -

What platform are you doing Space Marine on? Hopefully PC.

#7 Posted by ToastMan (91 posts) -

Sad to see so little response to this. I really hope you get a decent amount of people for this. I would have gladly joined, but I'm holding off from buying HoMM VI for now. Plenty of games to play as it is...

#8 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

... is the chat dragon fucking the Whiskey Media logo? He seems quite pleased.

#9 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Im at work so no dice. But if I wasn't at work there would be dice. Many dice.

From what I've played so far necros are nerfed from 5 but still very much overpowered. The thing that you charge with damage does a lot to even the playing field, though.

#10 Posted by EchoEcho (815 posts) -

Don't have HoMM VI, but I do have Space Marine. You guys going all PC all the way tonight, or will you do some Space Marine on the consoles too? I rock the 360 version, myself.

#11 Posted by Zyte (178 posts) -

Damn. I like the HoMM series but haven't picked VI up yet. Wish I could play with you guys at TNT.

#12 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

Well 20 minutes from now. Really hoping I don't have to hot seat it vs ryan.

#13 Posted by ToastMan (91 posts) -

@snide said:

I kinda like to know what you guys think about this one since it's quite a bit different from the other games of the series. So I don't mind if you don't get to play against other people.

#14 Posted by Giefcookie (583 posts) -

Curious to see how it works as a TNT game. Been playing it all week and like it so far despite the less than smooth launch.

#15 Edited by AlexW00d (6182 posts) -

@snide said:

If that does happen can't you play against Drew or Mike or someone? Fresh faces and people who would give the game half a chance. But other than that I wish you luck, I'd watch but timezones.