#1 Posted by core1065 (543 posts) -
#2 Posted by EuanDewar (4929 posts) -

That's just the tracks Jasper Byrne contributed, not the full soundtrack. They are hot-ass tracks though, Miami is fresh as shit

#3 Posted by Winternet (8019 posts) -
#4 Edited by core1065 (543 posts) -
#5 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1639 posts) -

@Winternet: the whole thing is also on bandcamp, but it isn't purchase-able. The four songs are the only ones available for purchase, which sucks because I really wanted MOON's tracks. Bastards.

#6 Posted by dodgyc (70 posts) -

How are people still not realising the soundtrack is available inside the game directory (as HQ .ogg audio files) once you purchase it from Steam? I get that is hasn't been advertised as coming with the game, but it's been mentioned quite a few times around the forum. Go get it!

#7 Posted by Laksa (240 posts) -

@EarlessShrimp said:

@Winternet: the whole thing is also on bandcamp, but it isn't purchase-able. The four songs are the only ones available for purchase, which sucks because I really wanted MOON's tracks. Bastards.

http://music.musicofthemoon.com/album/moon-ep

You can buy it there if you want to support the composer.

#8 Posted by Fattony12000 (7416 posts) -

OGG VORBIS MOTHERFUCKERS!

#9 Posted by HarlechQuinn (449 posts) -

Trying to tag the files properly at the moment (can't stand it when music files appear untagged and without picture in my mp3 player... I know, I know...), but there are more songs (22) in the game directory than on the soundcloud page (20)...

"Turf" by El Huervo is split into "Turf Intro" and "Turf Main" in the game directory and "Perturbator" (game directory) might be "Venegance" by Perturbator. But I have no idea to which Artists "Static" and "ItsSafeNow" belong...

Anybody any ideas?

#10 Posted by Milkman (16800 posts) -

"Hydrogen" has been living inside my head for days now.

#11 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this soundtrack is so good. Those M.O.O.N. tracks are awesome.

#12 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1639 posts) -

@Laksa said:

@EarlessShrimp said:

http://music.musicofthemoon.com/album/moon-ep

You can buy it there if you want to support the composer.

You saved my ass man, thank you so much! I'll definitely be putting my 3 bucks down.

#13 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Wish I could actually buy the soundtrack instead of going back to soundcloud.

#14 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

Oh man, it's so fucking good.

#15 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

That's just the tracks Jasper Byrne contributed, not the full soundtrack. They are hot-ass tracks though, Miami is fresh as shit

QFT!

Miami may be the first video game track that will find a place in my iPod playlist.

#16 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

@HarlechQuinn: I can't help you with your question, but I wanted to express solidarity with you. Improperly tagged tracks and/or tracks without album art fill me with anxiety.

#17 Posted by ZmillA (2271 posts) -

*searchess for title screen music*

*finds out its horse steppin*

*finds artist behind it*

*gets more of their music*

#18 Posted by TheHT (11271 posts) -

Been playing it (the soundtrack) nonstop since octoberkast ended. Need to get my pc situation sorted out ASAP to buy the game. Looks Nuts.

#19 Posted by Labman (288 posts) -

Thank you for posting this!

#20 Posted by Saucy (43 posts) -

@BestUsernameEver: It comes with the game. They're .ogg files in the Steam directory. Of course, you'll have to sort them, rename them, and tag them yourself (as mentioned above), but they're there if you buy the game from Steam.

#21 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@Saucy said:

@BestUsernameEver: It comes with the game. They're .ogg files in the Steam directory. Of course, you'll have to sort them, rename them, and tag them yourself (as mentioned above), but they're there if you buy the game from Steam.

That's cool, thanks. Even still though, I'd like to support the artists more directly by buying a real soundtrack.

#22 Posted by aceofspudz (938 posts) -

Standout tracks on this one. I like the ensemble of artists on display here. Should be a contender for best ost.

#23 Edited by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

This might have usurped the throne from Max Payne 3. "Daisuke" by El Huervo is my favorite.

Just pitched some money to his Bandcamp page, now to crank the FLAC version in my headphones.

#24 Posted by artfuldodger (36 posts) -
#25 Edited by adam1808 (1498 posts) -

The M O O N tracks are incredible. It's all great stuff but when Hydrogen plays... damn.

#26 Posted by Supersoaker (78 posts) -

That's nice and all but I'd really like to see them put out a download with a paypal option or something of the sort. I would really love to help these guys get a bit of extra money in their pockets. Both musicians and designers alike. This game was great, left me on the edge of seat and I do not regret a single second of it.

Just wish they'd put up more options for me to support them.

#27 Posted by beepmachine (618 posts) -
#28 Posted by 1p (760 posts) -

This soundtrack reminds me of some tracks from the Killer7 soundtrack (Masafumi Takada). It's badass!

#29 Posted by WaywardGamer (77 posts) -

If you guys like the Sun Araw you should check On Patrol. The album sounds like Michael Mann directing Escape From New York.

#30 Posted by core1065 (543 posts) -

@artfuldodger said:

@core1065 said:

sweet

The lone survivor sound track is on the site as well. That sweet song for snoopkin with scoops is on there.

http://spacerecordings.bandcamp.com/track/the-director

This is all I can think of when I read the phrase as snoopin with scoops.

HAH! That made my day!

#31 Posted by Nodima (1203 posts) -

Holy shit, Sun Araw is on the soundtrack? Even if it's just two songs, this can not come to Macs/PS3 soon enough.

#32 Posted by confideration (413 posts) -

Just spent like $20 on music

#33 Edited by genkobar (41 posts) -

@HarlechQuinn: I just did the same thing! After comparing the game files with the SoundCloud playlist, I figured "perturbator.ogg" was Miami Disco by Perturbator, probably because there's a song called Miami by Jasper Byrne that got the miami.ogg name (actually miami2.ogg). Static is just background noises that play during some conversations in the game, and It's Safe Now is a song by Scattel, it's #21 on SoundCloud. To The Top is a song by Scattle that seems to have been left out of the game and the official soundtrack, but it's in the game files, and it's a helluva song too.

Man this soundtrack is great. I'm loving it. And loving the game!

#34 Posted by HarlechQuinn (449 posts) -

@genkobar: Thanks for the hints... Man, I could swear that there were only 20 songs on the SoundCloud playlist when I checked the stuff, but whatever...

#35 Posted by KlUMZeE (318 posts) -

Amazing soundtrack, cannot get it out of my head.

#36 Posted by AssInAss (2648 posts) -

@WaywardGamer said:

If you guys like the Sun Araw you should check On Patrol. The album sounds like Michael Mann directing Escape From New York.

Thanks, will do!

#37 Posted by Hajitorus (27 posts) -

@HarlechQuinn: Just following up because I didn't see elsewhere in the thread, track 5 (Perturbator - Vengeance) wasn't in my Steam directory at all. The version on soundcloud is short, but I settled on getting the version listed here: http://aphasiarecords.bandcamp.com/album/nocturne-city-ep

(Also, I got turf by doing "cat TurfIntro.mp3 TurfMain.mp3 > Turf.mp3" and then running "mp3val -f -nb". At least on my Mac, that was the laziest way to get it done.)

#38 Posted by baldgye (756 posts) -

not played the game but bought that small OST, sounds so good... this is really tying(?) me over till the next Kavinsky ep comes out!