House of the Dead: Overkill F*cking Rocks!

LordCrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By LordCrom

Picked this one up at Amazon for $30.  Easily worth the duckets.  Cannot recommend this one highly enough.  The light gun gameplay is exactly what you would expect.  This games value comes from it's story, dialogue and presentation. 

With the main game being short, but having enjoyed the game so highly, I thought to myself there was only one other game to compare it to for length vs. true enjoyment factor for the price.  COD4: Modern Warfare.  That game was short, but absolutely felt worth the price for the moments that it gave you.  HOD: Overkill gave me that same sense of "Worth the price" regardless of length, because of the moments, characters, dialogue and presentation. 

Really hope more individuals pick this one up.  I would love to see more HOD from this development house.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Black_Rose

I still need to check this out. I didn't like HotD 2&3 Return though so I'll just give it a rental.

LordCrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LordCrom
Black_Rose said:
I still need to check this out. I didn't like HotD 2&3 Return though so I'll just give it a ... [more]

I can understand that.  Like Jeff and Ryan said in their Quick Look, this isn't your daddy's HOD.  As much as I enjoyed the earlier ones, I welcomed the changed.  Let me know what you think after you rent it?
Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Eelcire

Friend and I just finished the game for the first time not too long ago. Great co-op experince and presentation; sega really did their homework on source material. I had never played a HotD before, but this was certainly a fun game.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Endogene
@Eelcire: Best mother fucker ending in a video game would you not agree?

edit: reminds me that I should play that game some more so that i can finish the story section of the wiki.
edit: ha looks like someone already did!
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Meowayne

Ha! You all suck. I beat this game with a friend and two hand cannons calibrated to 1:1 aiming, crosshair off.

It was hilariawesome.

Utilizing the upgraded shotgun with the Hand Cannons and actual aiming on HotD:O is a gaming experience no one should miss. :D

LordCrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordCrom

It was an excellent Co-Op experience with my bro.  I need to two hand my way through the game soon as well!  The ending was good and shocking too!  haha