#1 Posted by 1momosauky (217 posts) -

When there is a situation when you are wearing the shirt around non-giantbomb people how are you going to explain who Ryan Davis is without saying he is some dude from a video game website. "oh this shirt, yeah Ryan Davis was a resident of South Africa who slaughtered nearly 30 people. He was not prosecuted and very little was written about him for he was a man of means, I am just trying to raise awareness really. Yes I am single and have a place close by"

#2 Posted by awesomeusername (4247 posts) -

@1momosauky: You are not supposed to write profanity in thread titles. Just letting you know for the future.

#3 Posted by Deadmanforking (580 posts) -

I will not twist anything! I will wear that shirt with pride, and spread the message that we should all FUCK RYAN DAVIS!

#4 Posted by 1momosauky (217 posts) -

@awesomeusername: thanks, but I am just referencing the shirt they are selling. Hopefully it is not a problem.

#6 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Why fuck Ryan Davis? Because he was an alien sovereign disguised as one of us who attempted to enslave the human race. That's why!

#7 Posted by awesomeusername (4247 posts) -

@GenocidalKitten said:

@1momosauky said:

@awesomeusername: thanks, but I am just referencing the shirt they are selling. Hopefully it is not a problem.

Yeah it should be fine.

I know, just letting you know so you won't get banned or something. it is referencing the shirt, but it's still a curse.

#8 Posted by jozzy (2035 posts) -

I just now realize it can also be read as a direct order to go and procreate with Ryan Davis. I am not wearing that shirt.

#9 Posted by JackSukeru (5990 posts) -

He's a public figure that talked some mess about China.

#10 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I'll fuck Ryan Davis. But only if he's been tested.

#11 Posted by alternate (2722 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@1momosauky: You are not supposed to write profanity in thread titles. Just letting you know for the future.

If they can sell a shirt saying "fuck" then all bets are off. Also, netcop :-O

#12 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5146 posts) -

You know what CBS stands for?

Fuck

Ryan

Davis

#13 Posted by RecSpec (4061 posts) -

It's an order. Do it, NOW!

#14 Posted by ajamafalous (12230 posts) -

"He's a friend of mine."

#15 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

I will only wear my shirt around my grandma and to church functions. They will all be too polite to inquire about Mr. Davis' identity.

#16 Edited by Picard (257 posts) -

I wouldn't wear a "fuck Ryan Davis" shirt.

An obscure in-joke on a t-shirt isn't my idea of funny.

In fact I find it a little on the stupid side, but more power to anyone that does.

Maybe if I had a lot of RL friends that knew about giantbomb? Even then I doubt it.

*Oh wow, I really came out sounding like a dick in this post, lol.

#17 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@Picard: Nice one, baldy. Way to be a dick man.

I dunno. I'll be mostly wearing it downtown Seattle, so it won't really stand out.

#18 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3110 posts) -

If anyone asks, I'll say FUCK YOU TOO

#19 Posted by awesomeusername (4247 posts) -

@alternate said:

@awesomeusername said:

If they can sell a shirt saying "fuck" then all bets are off. Also, netcop :-O

Hey you! I said no profanity! GET ON THE GROUND MOTHERFUCKER!!!

#20 Posted by AngriGhandi (798 posts) -

I realized the day after the BLLS ended that, depending on how the shirt is printed, you might actually be able to take a knife or some kind of scraping tool and remove letters or words to make the shirt say all kinds of new things!

RYAN DAVIS

FUCK A DAVIS

RYAN IS

...and my personal favorite, for the truly fearless out there-- you can now own a pink-on-black t-shirt that just says FUCK.

A real get if you're in a punk band.

After realizing all this, I immediately regretted not buying one of these versatile wonder-shirts when I had the chance.

#21 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3824 posts) -

@Picard said:

I wouldn't wear a "fuck Ryan Davis" shirt.

An obscure in-joke on a t-shirt isn't my idea of funny.

In fact I find it a little on the stupid side, but more power to anyone that does.

Maybe if I had a lot of RL friends that knew about giantbomb? Even then I doubt it.

*Oh wow, I really came out sounding like a dick in this post, lol.

I agree with you though. I thought the joke of Jeff putting it up there was really funny. However, my life doesn't revolve around Giant Bomb. I don't really plan on buying any clothing that only I will understand. It needs to make sense (to some degree) to a wider audience. I bought the Giant Bomb hoodie, and that's about it.

Like the "I'm a Wizard" shirt. Yes, that quote in the Bombcast was really funny. If I walked around outside in that shirt, people would think it was just a D&D shirt or something. I'm not really into wizards, or fantasy, or tabletop roleplaying. So I didn't buy that shirt. Also, the only place I could wear the Fuck Ryan Davis shirt comfortably would be at a gaming convention or at a GB meetup, because of the cuss word. I've never been to either (though I'd like to meet the Bomb crew someday), so it would've been a waste of money.

#22 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6407 posts) -

"I want to fuck a guy Ryan Davis.

What?"

#23 Posted by envane (1164 posts) -

ryan davis coined the term "legitimate rape" hence i wear this t-shirt

#24 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (757 posts) -

Ryan Davis? Yeah, fuck that guy.

#25 Posted by pyromagnestir (4344 posts) -

I would add a question mark.

Fuck Ryan Davis? For some reason, I think the question mark would make it acceptable.

#26 Posted by ThePiePieper (47 posts) -

One time I saw this guy named Ryan Davis stab a dude. He was like Uh uh uh uh uh... uh. So yeah, fuck that guy.

#27 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3805 posts) -

I fucked. Ryan, Davis.

This is an awful necro. This is bad and you should feel bad.

Eh.

#28 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1964 posts) -

This is an awful necro. This is bad and you should feel bad.