• 142 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by stoodspoon (538 posts) -

On a scale of 1 to 10000

#2 Posted by cannonballBAM (593 posts) -

-10000

#3 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

It's a funny reminder of #1reasonwhy vidya games will never be taken seriously.

#4 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4655 posts) -

This may be the first year I don't watch it. Then again, maybe I will anyways.

#5 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

Over 9 thousand.

#6 Edited by gelatinabomination (181 posts) -

I'm hoping that this is the year it transcends the terribleness it is known for. Not to get better, though. I hope it ascends to a new plane of badness, to become the template for all terrible things to come. It will be the Ur-Shit.

Edit: In all seriousness, I would like it to be good. I don't enjoy it when things that could be interesting are crappy. I just don't think that such a radical change in quality from one year tot he next is going to happen anytime soon.

#7 Posted by asian_pride (1653 posts) -

Zero, I guess. Although with Sam Jackson hosting, it at least might make some parts of the show bearable. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

#8 Posted by NegativeCero (2927 posts) -

I actually want to watch it in a "so bad its good" way.

#9 Posted by Vexxan (4598 posts) -

I never paid any attention to VGA until last year and I saw some of the highlights from the show and it was probably among the worst thing I've ever seen. I'll stay far far away from that shipwreck this year and just check out which games won what afterwards.

#10 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I have never bothered watching it other than highlights after it's aired. But I guess It'll be just as awful as it always is.

#11 Posted by JasonR86 (9379 posts) -

So bad that...

I got nothing.

#12 Posted by hidys (1028 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

I actually want to watch it in a "so bad its good" way.

I get more of a "so bad its terrible" vibe form the VGAs.

#13 Posted by Darkecho117 (62 posts) -

It will probably be bad but they will still have all those exclusive trailers.

#14 Posted by hermes (1270 posts) -

There is only one reason to see that train wreck, and its the trailers; which I will be checking on youtube on Saturday. Its like a mini-conference at a time when no one cares to announce anything...

Other than that, it will be pretty bad.

#15 Posted by billyhoush (1187 posts) -

I just watch it for the trailers. Looking forward to seeing the new Last of Us trailer.

#16 Posted by Abendlaender (2597 posts) -

I don' think there will be a lot of big reveals so probably 900?

Seems like there will be just a lot of "here is a new trailer for xyz, now drink some delicious Mountain Dew"

#17 Posted by IIGrayFoxII (207 posts) -

Who really cares? We all know what to expect. I am interested in what they show considering Q4 of next year is full of ?????? due to the new consoles "supposedly" being released then. So far they have only teased Bioshock: Infinite, Last of Us, and Gears of War: Judgement. On the last Bombcast they also said South Park: Stick of Truth is one of them as well. All of these titles are coming out in the first half of next year. So potentially it could be pretty dissapointing as far as announcements go.

Just to note, that Jeff Gerstmann is on the advisory panel for the VGA's. Just an FYI.

Second note, if Walking Dead wins GOTY, it won't suck that much.
#18 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@IIGrayFoxII said:

Second note, if Walking Dead wins GOTY, it won't suck that much.

Kind of will because it's barely a game, I really enjoyed it but still, it is not the best game of this year. From an interactive stand point it was a chore, I'd have been happy for everything to have played out with no interaction aside from the choices and conversation options.

The first episode was probably the most adventure game-like one.

#19 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

I don't care about the awards at all, but they have Sam Jackson this year and there's usually some good new trailers. So yeah, I'll put it on and pay attention when something interesting is happening.

#20 Posted by hidys (1028 posts) -

@Sooty said:

@IIGrayFoxII said:

Second note, if Walking Dead wins GOTY, it won't suck that much.

Kind of will because it's barely a game, I really enjoyed it but still, it is not the best game of this year. From an interactive stand point it was a chore, I'd have been happy for everything to have played out with no interaction aside from the choices and conversation options.

The first episode was probably the most adventure game-like one.

I sort of of agree with you in terms of TWD not winning GOTY but out of the games they've nominated it is really the only one that deserves it.

#21 Posted by MocBucket62 (1041 posts) -

Its probably going to be slightly more tolerable with Sam Jackson as the host. Aside from that, its probably going to be pretty painful to watch.  
 
I would like to see the world premiere trailers or new footage of games that have already been announced.

#22 Posted by Demoskinos (13869 posts) -

The VGA's are fucking awesome. I love watching a good train wreck. Also, Dishonored should win GOTY fuck TWD.

#23 Posted by MildMolasses (3194 posts) -

I know I shouldn't, but probably will. I can't imagine anything new will be announced since it seems like q1 2013 is when they stop with this generation and move on to promoting the next. And I can't imagine either Sony or MS suddenly announcing next gen games at this thing.

#24 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@hidys said:

@Sooty said:

@IIGrayFoxII said:

Second note, if Walking Dead wins GOTY, it won't suck that much.

Kind of will because it's barely a game, I really enjoyed it but still, it is not the best game of this year. From an interactive stand point it was a chore, I'd have been happy for everything to have played out with no interaction aside from the choices and conversation options.

The first episode was probably the most adventure game-like one.

I sort of of agree with you in terms of TWD not winning GOTY but out of the games they've nominated it is really the only one that deserves it.

Oh right, well that changes everything because I bet they have Mass Effect 3 and Blops on that damn list.

#25 Posted by morrelloman (601 posts) -

Yeah I will watch for trailers and root endlessly for Borderlands 2 to win every award for which it's nominated. Those cringe worthy moments are what DVR is for.

#26 Posted by hidys (1028 posts) -

@Sooty said:

@hidys said:

@Sooty said:

@IIGrayFoxII said:

Second note, if Walking Dead wins GOTY, it won't suck that much.

Kind of will because it's barely a game, I really enjoyed it but still, it is not the best game of this year. From an interactive stand point it was a chore, I'd have been happy for everything to have played out with no interaction aside from the choices and conversation options.

The first episode was probably the most adventure game-like one.

I sort of of agree with you in terms of TWD not winning GOTY but out of the games they've nominated it is really the only one that deserves it.

Oh right, well that changes everything because I bet they have Mass Effect 3 and Blops on that damn list.

Mass Effect 3 yes, not BLOPS 2 thankfully.

#27 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Someone was tea bagged last year . It. Can't be worse can it

#28 Posted by Little_Socrates (5649 posts) -

NOT AS EFFIN' RAD AS GIANT BOMB'S

#29 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3595 posts) -

Just waiting for the trailers to go up. Could give a fuck about the rest.

#30 Posted by TheHT (10286 posts) -

It's gonna be great. After last years, my expectations are totally set appropriately.

#31 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (652 posts) -

This thing will be streamed on XBOX LIVE. Do you think they'll cut all the PS3 exclusive stuff from that stream? Also will it have a dude teabag another dude on stage?

#32 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

The commercial they put out with Sam Jackson as Lee Everett was pretty funny, I saw it on xbox's dash but I can't seem to find it online :(

Anyway, I'm keeping my expectations low but hey, at least that made me laugh.

#33 Posted by FLStyle (4396 posts) -

My expectations are suitable low this year, it'll have to do something drastic to surprise me.

#34 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

I hope there's tea bagging again this year. I nearly spilled my soda last year.

#35 Posted by Roger778 (949 posts) -

I kinda enjoyed the VGA's last year, mainly because Jack Black is a funny guy. I do like Sam Jackson, also, so I'm curious if this show will be fun to watch. The guy is the busiest actor I can think of, and he has a very bombastic personality. Because of that, he's always fun to watch.

#36 Posted by BaneFireLord (2878 posts) -
#37 Posted by randiolo (1088 posts) -

anyone know of any live streams?

#38 Posted by DarthOrange (3498 posts) -

I like watching the trailers. I don't really give a crap about the other stuff.  
 
If the scale is 1 being not sucky at all and 10,000 is it blows and swallows a donkey, I would give it a 2,500.

#39 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

I saw the first one in 2003 and the first thing the show did after the introduction was announcing Madden 2004 as their game of the year.

I have not watched any Spike VGAs since.

#40 Posted by MonkeyMitcho (113 posts) -

As someone who has never seems the VGAs why are they so terrible? Is it that they don't get video games or are they just trying to make video games "mainstream"?

#41 Posted by gjedwards (102 posts) -

I would rank them 7th on the naughty list. One below Israel but one above the women who gave me whiskey in a plastic cup the other night. I wept for HOURS.

#42 Posted by TruthTellah (7666 posts) -

At this year's Spike VGA's, Anita Sarkeesian will present the award for GOTY to Diablo III.

#43 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1291 posts) -

@BaneFireLord: Why not?

#44 Posted by Gladiator_Games (435 posts) -

Puttin it down now. Halo 4 will win their GotY. Not cause it should, but look at who their audience is.

#45 Edited by ProfessorEss (7123 posts) -

I like them. I understand what they are and enjoy them for the trailers and trimmings. I see the awards themselves as little more than a necessary evil to broadcast a show with a bunch of video game trailers and announcements.

@WinterSnowblind said:

I'll put it on and pay attention when something interesting is happening.

Yup. Like last year, I'll probably be doing something else while I listen to them stopping to pay attention when something interesting comes on.

@gjedwards said:

...one above the women who gave me whiskey in a plastic cup the other night. I wept for HOURS.

lol :)

#46 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

im going to watch them and complain how bad it is ALL the way through.

i do this EVERY year

#47 Posted by Ducksworth (656 posts) -

How bad do these things actually get? I used to just watch the trailers later in the evening and hear about the reveals through people on forums. I was actually planning on watching them this year but if it's something like awkward banter then I'll just continue on as I always have.

#48 Posted by Hosstile17 (747 posts) -

How bad will it be? All of it. It will be all of it bad.

#49 Posted by Fattony12000 (6357 posts) -
#50 Posted by RecSpec (3681 posts) -

I hope the chat is up this year.