How can I force a game to run faster than the preset limit

Krakancat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Krakancat

Specifically Legend of Heroes for PC. There is an option that says FPS but the choices of 30 and automatic are the same. I like the game a lot and enjoy the battle system, but the pacing is horribly slow and the fights sometimes just drag on and on. Sepith farming and CP farming is tedious.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

I don't understand what you're asking. Increasing the framerate isn't going to make the game actually play faster...

Krakancat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Force the game to run at a faster speed. Like on a video player playing a video at 125 or 150 percent. I know for epsxe if I change the frame rate to 100 the game itself as well as all loading and music play at about 5/3 the normal game speed. Just make everything accelerated.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

You would need to get into the source code and hack the game somehow. I have no idea how you would go about doing that. But I believe that is what you would have to do.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Force the game to run at a faster speed. Like on a video player playing a video at 125 or 150 percent. I know for epsxe if I change the frame rate to 100 the game itself as well as all loading and music play at about 5/3 the normal game speed. Just make everything accelerated.

Is that a Playstation emulator? It may work on that but not on regular PC games. Old games may run faster if you have a more powerful processor but that hasn't really been the case in 20 years. For PC games framerate and game speed are very different things. Emulators are a different thing. I remember playing a SNES emulator many years ago where you could speed up the game but that only works for emulating console games.

Krakancat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagas: Blast, oh well i really just wanted the option to make the game run faster. I know framerate, refresh rate, and frame skipping are all different things. If I cant make the game produce more frames every second can I force it to skip frames ( as opposed to just going through them faster)? Is there something like Glide for D2? That I can use on a different game?

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Brendan

Ugh, this just reminded me of buying Deus Ex and the original Hitman on Steam and not being able to solve that problem.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5