• 122 results
#1 Posted by Winternet (8015 posts) -

You're playing this game and then you check that other one, you play that level, you beat that boss and suddenly . . you're playing too many games concurrently. This can not happen only to me, so I wanna know how are you duders fairing with this problem.

Here's my situation right now: I'm fairly deep into Absolution (I've just killed the Saints at the "Aloha" motel); I'm on my way to start episode 3 of The Walking Dead (ep. 1 is a bummer, ep. 2 is awesome); I'm also fairly deep into Primordia (I'm about to go "meet" Factor); I have Far Cry 3 installed and waiting (technically I haven't started, but I just need to hit Start Game); Halfway into Leviathan (I have to see it, after what Vinny and Brad said about it. Probably the one I'm finishing first); About to "meet" Cave Johnson in Portal 2 (Dunno why, but I decided this was a great time to re-play Portal 2. Note: Portal 2 is awesome); and now this dude, made a game and said please, so I am playing that too.

Damn you video games.

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Clogged as fuck. Steam and Desura are to blame.

#3 Posted by Zippedbinders (986 posts) -

I had so many unfinished games, I just traded them in instead of finishing them. Then I used that to get games I'm more interested in, but still haven't finished.

Unless you count Steam games, in that case its over 100. Its hard to play anything when you're on a Mac.

#4 Edited by jettpack (109 posts) -

Woah! so nice of you to mention me! please, AND thank you. haha

and yeah, clogged as fuck. I just finished halo 4, walking dead to finish, have been replaying fallout 3 with my girlfriend and have xcom, farcry 3 and dishonored to start. so i feel you man.

#5 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

A few weeks ago it went from merely clogged to clogged as fuck. I recently bought a 3DS and now I have so many DS (and 3DS) games to catch up on. I have no hope of getting back to the more recent games from this year. No hope at all.

#6 Posted by Optix12 (612 posts) -

Im going to ignore steam sale games which I have yet to get through and focus alone on games im gearing for GOTY talks so im spoiler free.

Xcom im getting in a few days so that needs to be done, Far cry 3 im 4 or so missions from finishing. Walking Dead im 3/4 through episode 3. Assassins Creed 3 im at memory sequence 6. Dishonored i plan to buy by the end of the week. Black ops 2 im around 1/3 through (i dont have the push to go back to it yet). I want to play Dust (An elysian tale). Im 2 hours into Darksiders 1 (yes the first) so I will never get through darksiders 2 in time. My main question is do I get binary domain because I hear alot of good things about it and I am waiting (hopefully) for a steam sale.

#7 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4339 posts) -

I hate looking at my Steam library.

#8 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

That last steam sale clogged it even more, I managed to finish mark of the ninja and am about to finish dishonored. But there is so much other stuff i have to get through.

OH woe is me i have too many games to play....

#9 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

I managed to finish Far Cry 3, but I need to finish AC3 and one and a half episodes of TWD, I´ve given up trying to just stick to one game from start to finish. Now I just play what I feel like playing whenever I want. I think I`ll be ready for end of the year discussions though.

#10 Edited by crusader8463 (14421 posts) -

My consoles alone is around 80-90 and my PC is well into the triple digits. It's weird for me, because until a few years back I never had this problem. For pretty much my entire life I was lucky to get 2-3 games a year and even then it was just when my birthday or Christmas rolled around. I like knowing I have all these games that will be great when I finally dig into them at the ready to go, but I hate it because I can never decide on what to start next and most of the time I end up just reloading some game I have beat a million times already or just playing whatever is new this week. I dream for the day that I can get caught up and just go from week to week and no longer have any back log, but I doubt that will happen. Enough games always slip through the cracks or are just not worth paying full price for that sooner or later a backlog starts to form again.

As for games on the go at the same time, I'm usually pretty good at avoiding that. I tend to focus on one game I'm trying to beat at a time and just keep a couple games I always fall back on in the wings like TF2 or some strategy game. So when I feel like I just need a break from a game I go play that for awhile, watch a TV show I have downloading or a movie and then get back to it when I feel like it. If it's just not clicking I put it back on the shelf and come back to it later. Red Dead was the best example of that. I played the first few hours and hated every moment of the game and was really annoyed with it. So I put it back on the shelf and avoided it for a good 4-6 months. Then one day on a whim as I was walking past the shelf and decided to give it a go again. So I put it back into the PS3, fired it up, and a few days later I had beaten it.

#11 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2217 posts) -

Haven't beaten Halo 4, Hitman Absolution or even attempted to buy Assassin's Creed 3. Going through The Walking Dead at the moment but that time is divided with Syndicate as well. I don't know why I should feel obligated to play through any of these just because the GB crew have to since I'm not involved in any GOTY stuff but I guess I want to try and keep up with the ones that matter the most so i can understand the GB GOTY discussions.

#12 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

I hate looking at my Steam library.

Tell me about it. I start one game because I feel obligated to at least start a game, which then leads me to hopping between a bunch of games and making no real progress with any of them.

#13 Posted by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -

Lordly. Mine's fucked up. I refuse to play more than one at a time though. That just leads to bad things. Right now I'm playing Mark of the Ninja. I've got Far Cry 3, ZombiU, and Sleeping Dogs I'd like to get to soon too. There's also my full pile of shame that's not getting any smaller.

#14 Posted by Hamst3r (4481 posts) -

I don't play more than one game at a time, unless the second game is something like Peggle, so I don't run into that problem. If it's something with a story, I don't start anything else until I've finished it. Gotta stick with one game until it's complete, or until I've determined that it's absolutely terrible and I'm never going to finish it.

That said, I do have a whole lot of games that haven't even been started. A few hundred, at least...so I'm doing my best to not buy anything new until I get through more of those. This plan is working relatively well, with only a few slip ups.

#15 Posted by Dayve86 (49 posts) -

I get most of my games on PC now, and I have at least 100 games sitting there that I haven't touched yet. Currently playing Far Cry 3 on there, no idea what I'll get into next.

I don't have any PS3 games sitting around waiting to be played and only a couple of 360 games. Still playing P4G on Vita, nothing I want to play on 3DS.

#16 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1261 posts) -

I'm usually playing too many games at once. However, I do feel good that I finally finished Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood after a 2 year hiatus and beat Halo: Reach on Legendary. Although I still want to beat Mass Effect 3 and The Walking Dead before game of the year deliberations.

#17 Posted by FrankieSpankie (228 posts) -

Clogged big time with a huge backlog that I will likely never finish yet keep adding to thanks to Steam sales. I do a pretty good job at staying focused on just a couple games at a time though. Right now, the only games I have any progress in are Mark of the Ninja and Hotline Miami. About half way done with Mark of the Ninja and about a third done with Hotline Miami. I'm not even sure what to start next. Thanks to indie bundles and sales, I probably still have 150ish games to finish. Yeahhhhhhh.

#18 Posted by Somnus (83 posts) -

My video game to-do list has been clogged for years now. Right now im playing Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne ( or Lucifers Call here in europe), im replaying Persona 4 (a year later i still havent beaten more than 2 dungeons). Im also playing Dragon Quest IX on ds & Final Fantasy IV: After Years on wii (ive had it for 3 years and im still in the beginning.) Also, like 2 years ago i bought FF8 & FF9 on psn and havent even touched those.

#19 Posted by Tesla (1919 posts) -

I've got a nice little backlog going with Dishonored, Sleeping Dogs,Journey and Tokyo Jungle from this year.

And then things get dark the farther back in time you go with Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Saints Row 3, Dead Space 2, AC Brotherhood, GTA IV, Rayman Origins, Vanquish, Bayonetta, Dragon Age: Origins, Castlevsnia: LoS, etc.

Let's just leave it at that without getting into the additional 20 plus games from the last Steam sale that are all in various stages of completion.

I've got some work to do.

#20 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Over the break I plan to play ACIII (Played 3 hours so far) Mark of the Ninja (1 hour) Alan Wake (1 hour) and Far Cry 3 which I don't have yet. Maybe finally get around to playing Civ V. Several other semi-recent games I own and haven't beaten and a couple I haven't touched, but I've kind of given up on ever playing them.

#21 Posted by rotorious (69 posts) -

Still have to finish AC 3, and Borederlands 2. Haven;t even started X-Com yet since I fear being absolutely sucked in by that game. That fear is legitimate in my opinion based on the amount of time dedicated to it in no less than 2 podcasts. Unfortunately, COD:BLOPS 2 has my full attention since I am kinda enamored with the league play functionality.

#22 Posted by Brendan (7780 posts) -

I have a whole bunch on Steam but I'm not going to put those on a list to beat myself up over. Mine's 8-9 titles long, and will be managed over the first half of next year.

#23 Posted by MikeHawk (382 posts) -

I keep an Evernote document of the games I need to finish. Right now, there are about 20-25 games I've started and another 10 or so I haven't even touched. The fact that I recently bought a 3DS and the Steam Christmas sale isn't helping much either. Since my semester ends Thursday, my goal is to beat Persona 4 Arena, Spec Ops: The Line, Lollipop Chainsaw and Tokyo Jungle during Christmas break.

#24 Posted by Slax (913 posts) -

So much to do. I mostly blame the Witcher...

#25 Posted by wrecks (2246 posts) -

So backed up that I need an Enema.

#26 Posted by ShatterShock (70 posts) -

Nearing the end of Halo 4, playing through Forza Horizon, Zone of the Enders HD, Pokemon Black 2 and New Super Mario Bros. 2, haven't started Transformers Fall of Cybertron, Assassin's Creed 2 and 3, Splinter Cell Conviction and Bastion. Finished the main campaigns/content of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Black Ops 2, Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed and Dead or Alive 5 but of course there's always getting 100% completion and the multiplayer modes.

Compared to how bad I've let my backlogs get before, I'd say I'm running a pretty tight ship right now.

#27 Posted by Eaxis (913 posts) -

Just finished the walking dead. Back on to Hitman Absolution halfway. Darksiders 2 was put down since sleeping dogs came out in the middle of it. X-com i'm almost in the end game. Got Halo4, syndicate, Dishonored and far cry 3 waiting for me. I also want to go back to Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Ac3 and i'm sure i've forgotten something. Yeah I need to get back to Forza Horizon OH GOD!

#28 Posted by HistoryInRust (6293 posts) -

So clogged. In fact, I just finished Metal Gear Solid 4 for the first time this morning.

#29 Posted by FinalDasa (1616 posts) -

Too clogged. I got a bunch of games for my birthday months back that I never got around to continuing. Add to that a handful of games coming out in the busy time of the year, and then the games I'll be getting for Christmas.

I'll need some solid alone time to get through them all.

Moderator Online
#30 Edited by pyromagnestir (4305 posts) -

I've been seeing a lot of signs from the universe telling me to replay Portal 2 recently.

If you're just talking about all the games I've ever started and not finished then, well, that would be a large list that goes waaaaaaaaaaaaay back. However, I've got some stipulations. For one thing I don't count playing a half hour or hour of a game as really having started it, that's just me dipping my toe in the water, if you will. And I also don't count replaying a game I've already finished. I don't count games that don't have a campaign, or have a Total War type campaign that doesn't really have a narrative element to it. If you factor all that in, the list isn't that bad.

Now if you take that shorter list and only look at games I've played in the last few months or so, basically what you're left with is Skyward Sword and Binary Domain, and if I want to be a real stickler, then Timesplitters 2 and Turok: Dinosaur Hunter too although I have no intention of ever completing those games. (I've never actually beaten those games, but I fired them up on different Tuesdays while waiting for the bombcast to post. I should make that another stipulation, games I fire up on Tuesdays while waiting for the bombcast to post don't count.)

This past week I've played about halfway through Binary Domain, I played Machinarium to completion, and I dipped my toe in the water of Crusader Kings II.

#31 Posted by DarkFury (369 posts) -

I buy more games than I have time to play them these days. My 'To Be Completed' GB list is 250+ strong.

#32 Posted by kaos_cracker (579 posts) -

I made a list yesterday of things I wanna play before the next gen comes out and there is 13 games, not including anything that comes out in 2013

#33 Posted by JadeGL (832 posts) -

Holy balls, too many to mention. Seriously, I have so many things I want to play that are sitting untouched on my game shelf or my desktop.

I just don't have as much time to spend on games. I work an 8-4 office job Monday thru Friday, so time is at a premium. I finish the games I love (Skyrim, Mass Effect series, Halo, Bioshock, Diablo series) but there is a lot of stuff just on the cusp that is fighting for time after those. For instance, I still desperately want to play and finish The Witcher 2, Metro 2033, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Cryostasis and Condemned 2 (loved the first one!!!!!!!!!) and that's just a very small sampling of what I have that I haven't even cracked open.

Too many games man, too many.

#34 Posted by Sparklykiss (1955 posts) -

Imagine the repercussions of consuming a cheese wheel the size of a Hummer followed by a Crave Case.

My to-do list is a clogged and disgusting mess.

#35 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Of games I own but haven't started?
BLOPSII campaign (starting it after finals though)
Gears 3
Metro 2033
Alan Wake
The Last Story
Xenoblade Chronicles
Bioshock (I should probably get on that one)
Valkyria Chronincles
El Shaddai
Pretty much every Steam game I own (so about 20 there)
A bunch of XBLA stuff I want to eventually get
A bunch of PS+ stuff I got

And don't get me started on handheld stuff I have/want to buy (for some reason). And I still think, maybe, I'll go back to last gen and polish off that stuff (both the stuff I already have and the stuff that for I want[?])

#36 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2249 posts) -

I got about 20 - 30 ps2/gamecube/xbox and a whole boat load of steam games that I need to get to eventually.

#37 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

I'd like to see my way through Walking Dead but am not enthused about the gameplay bits contained therein. If the entire thing was dialogue choices I would be more interested. I quit halfway through the first episode because the little bits of walking around or picking up items soured me on the whole thing. I'd like an "auto-move character to next interactable thing" button for that game.

Otherwise nothing in the backlog. I've played everything I was really interested in this year. edit----- except for Tokyo Jungle. Should get on that.

#38 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

Gross.

#39 Posted by fujimitsu (23 posts) -

Well over 100 titles on ps3 and 360 retail alone. I don't even want to count steam and psn downloads I haven't finished.

Holiday break is coming and I hope to knock some of these out. I used to be able to keep up but this last two years has really put the brakes on my console playing (school and dota 2).

#40 Posted by Andorski (5290 posts) -

I got over the idea that I need to play/finish every game that I own on Steam and Origin. The only ones I really have an interest in playing for the rest of this year is Far Cry 3 (which I'm playing through right now) and Syndicate. If I ever find a way to import my 360 save of ME2 to PC, then I'll play Mass Effect 3.

#41 Edited by chiboi34 (11 posts) -

I'm set for quite a while, working on Bioshock and Skyrim (160 hrs. in and still have almost every Dark. Bro., Thieves Guild, Companions, Dawnguard, Dragonborn and main quest to finish. lvl. 43). Partially finished with Borderlands 2, Amular, Force Unleashed 2, Reach campaign, Civ. 5 (r u ever really done? lol), and Arkham City. Still need to start ME3, New Vegas, Bio. 2, Witcher 2, Amnesia, and finally my new free Metro 3030. I hope the new systems drop soon so I can get a lot of cheap awesome games if I ever do finish these.

#42 Posted by chiboi34 (11 posts) -

@chiboi34: my downfall always seems to be Madden and NBA2k

#43 Posted by light_grenade (124 posts) -

So so clogged... and will be for the foreseeable future -.-

#44 Edited by Roger778 (957 posts) -

This may be off-topic, but I didn't play as many games as I would have liked to this year. That's because I'm on a tight budget, and I buy only one game a month. I bought Mass Effect 3, which I loved, and Assassins Creed 3. I also got Batman: Arkham City on my Birthday, and that was fantastic.

I really enjoyed the gameplay in AC3, but I was really disappointed with the ending, and Connor didn't resonate with me as much as Ezio did.

As a result, I missed out on Dishonored, and Sleeping Dogs, both of which I heard were excellent. I know, I'm really behind on a lot of games, but I plan to redeem that next year.

#45 Posted by Murtaug (308 posts) -

Let's see, the short list I can think of off hand:

• Far Cry 3 (Maybe 75% through it now)
  • Hitman: Absolution (Again, 75% through or so)
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Had to restart, lost saves when I upgraded to Win8, thought it did the Steamworks upload of them, poo)
  • Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Barely touched)
  • Borderlands 2 (I still need to finish Borderlands 1... yeah)

Those are just a few I can think of off hand, I know there is plenty more from this year. If you start counting indie and Steam sale games I have dozens.

#46 Edited by Snail (8597 posts) -

It's dozens of games long.

#47 Posted by NorthSarge (249 posts) -

I am currently playing Borderlands 2, Halo 4, AssCreed 3, XCOM EnUnknown, and Dust (Elysian Tale). And i have Dishonored and Forza Horizon on the way. Oh also i just bought that THQ bundle that i want to play. Also still want to play more Diablo 3.

And I have backlog that I want to try to get back to... (Deus Ex, Dark Souls, and Uncharted 3 come to mind, but there is so many more... Like the majority of my steam library, which is full of games i haven't even installed)

^And this is just the most recent stuff.... damn. *turns on xbox*

#48 Posted by fuzzybunny566 (451 posts) -

hundreds

#49 Posted by IzzyGraze (850 posts) -

Have a lot of games on my To-do list. The worst of them is The Witcher. I've played about 30 hours of that and need to finish it before I move but it has been about a month and I don't remember the combat system and I'm not really in the mood for the game. That's the big thing for me. I need to be in the mood for the genre of the game. I play something for a while then I get bored of that genre or need another itch scratched. Currently plays Minecraft again because of the Technic mod. It's pretty awesome.

#50 Edited by AgentDanger (31 posts) -

@fuzzybunny566 said:

hundreds

This is literally my "problem" as well - while I like having so many games available to me at any time, it's a bit daunting thinking of all the titles I'd like to play or even complete (I dismiss ones I don't like after giving them a fair chance, no obligation to play something I despise).

Aside of Paper Mario, Assassin's Creed 3, Borderlands 2 and ZombiU are what I'll play next.