• 122 results
#51 Edited by Lavapotamus (199 posts) -

Xenoblade, The Last Story, The Witcher 2, Max Payne 3, Zombi U, Mario U, Journey Ico, Chrono Trigger, Megaman X Collection and The Walking Dead. But I just added Ducktales to the list, so it's all good.

#52 Posted by kafu288 (15 posts) -

I got Far Cry 3, Mass Effect 3 (I seriously only just started this about a week ago, 8 hours in), Borderlands 2, Reyman Origins, I'm only 30 hours into Skyrim so much more stuff I want to do in that, Hitman:Absolution, Just Cause 3, Red Dead Redemption, Renegade Ops, Red Faction Guerilla, Warhammer 40k: Space Marine, inFamous2 (all PS3), Pokemon Black 2, Pokemon Conquest, Professor Layton and the Lost Future, Professor Layton and the Last Spectre, Zombie U, New Super Mario Bros U, and I'm replaying the Jak and Daxter trilogy. Those are just what I'm juggling at the moment I got quite a few steam games I haven't started yet.

I thought I was bad but some of you guys really make me feel better about what I got left to play.

#53 Posted by mpgeist (579 posts) -

I'm probably about ten or fifteen games deep at this point. Deciding I really wanted to go back and play Resident Evil Zero for the first time this week has really set me back too.

#54 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1593 posts) -

one of these days when I have plenty of extra time, I'm going to pour over my steam library and GoG library (I dare not go to desura too often) and create a list of exactly which games to get through. If you can do it, try my strategy of going through 4 or 5 games at the same time. That'll help alleviate any boredom you might encounter from repetitive games, since you can just hop to a different one. Also, it helps to get more games finished at the same time. It only works if you're not paying attention to the story or can handle several separate storylines at the same time though!

#55 Edited by AndrewB (7198 posts) -

I'm fairly caught up on games I really intend to finish. My largest back catalog of stuff I need to play is actually on the PSP right now. Tactics Ogre, Persona 2, Jeanne D'Arc, Peace Walker...

And just as I say that, now I own Arkham City and fuuuuuuck...

#56 Posted by tysonwritesel (88 posts) -

I have a sealed copy of Max Payne I don't know when I'll take it out of it's wrapper.

#57 Posted by SeanFoster (837 posts) -

It's pretty grim. I'm committed to shaving off at least 4-5 games over the holidays.

#58 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1857 posts) -

Oh man. Oh man, I have some serious shit on my plate:

• Far Cry 3
  • XCOM
  • More Planetside 2
  • Max Payne 3
  • FTL
  • Even more Planetside 2
  • Crusader Kings 2

Not to mention that I kind of want to go back into Hotline Miami, and I started playing The Dark Mod.

#59 Edited by believer258 (11059 posts) -

So I started with the intention of beating Max Payne 3 over Thanksgiving break. I figured, it's a shooter, finals are coming up, I'll play it for an hour at a time when I need a break from studying, etc. And I did that. But about halfway through playing that, I started playing Borderlands 2 before Thanksgiving break was even over. And it's gone downhill from there. Many of the games I bought in the Thanksgiving sale, I have started. The Witcher 2 came soon after, I just played it here and there. Finally, after the last exam, I really dug into The Witcher 2. But wait! I suddenly had a craving for Dragon Age Origins, and that was (funny enough) one of the games I bought during the autumn sale on PC. So I downloaded that with the promise that I would finish The Witcher 2 first, a promise that broke as soon as it finished downloading. I also bought Far Cry 3 on the last day of exams with the money I got from returning my books, so there's that. I did manage to finish Max Payne 3, which is some pretty good news as far as I'm concerned, as well as FEAR 3, a podcast game.

Anyway, to give a full list of games I've played recently that I want to finish sometime soon, here's one spoiled:

Bioshock
Far Cry 3
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
Borderlands 2
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
Q.U.B.E.
The Walking Dead
The Witcher 2
Black Ops 2
Forza Horizon

And all of that's just games I have started since Thanksgiving break and not finished. There's also the rest of my backlog, which is, to put it bluntly, getting nuts.

#60 Posted by _Chad (957 posts) -

It's long, but I know there are games I'll never get to.

#61 Edited by CaLe (3678 posts) -

I don't have such a thing. I tend to forget about games if I don't play them when they come out. There's always other stuff to do that takes priority over going back to older games.

#62 Posted by Kidavenger (3380 posts) -

If I stopped buying games completely, it would probably take me about 10 years to get caught up with what I already have...

#63 Posted by TobbRobb (4417 posts) -

I have a long one for old stuff, but if we are just talking shit I should play from this year. It looks something like this.

• FF 13 2
  • Binary Domain
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Dust
  • Hotline Miami
  • The Walking Dead
  • Dear Esther

I'm a tiny bit into half of them but nowhere near finishing any. Dear Esther and Hotline should be quick if I get around to it though.

#64 Posted by A_Norman (46 posts) -

Finished most of the games in terms of story, but I wanna get back into AC3 side mission, start a new XCOM campaign, reach level 50 in Borderlands 2, and start my legendary run in Halo 4. I also need to finish Forza Horizon and finally open my copy of Dishonored that I got over break.

#65 Edited by andriv (251 posts) -

in order of when i plan to play after finishing far cry 3:

bulletstorm

Borderlands 2 dlc

vanquish

primordia

sleeping dogs

okami hd

and some don't starve and ftl in between

Is this a good problem to have?

#66 Posted by RenegadeDoppelganger (397 posts) -

Far Cry 3 - Currently playing this game. Awesome. Will likely finish story before NY.

TWD - Finished ep.2, loving it so far and really want to go through the rest soon now that GOTY discussions are happening.

Hitman - Trying to grind my way through the last few missions, not psyched but feel obligated to just finish the game being this far in...

AC3 - Haven't even bought this yet. A little fatigued with AC gameplay after playing revelations recently but want that story content. Will wait for sale before picking up.

XCOM - All colonels, All tech upgrades, haven't even played the first alien base mission yet... boy...

Mark of the Ninja - Not really in this for the story but want to see all the mechanics for GOTY purposes.

Got Civ 5, Shogun 2, Alan Wake(s), PE3, Syndicate, and Black Mesa sitting around not even installed yet...

#67 Posted by bunnymud (703 posts) -

Still have to finish:

ME2

Hitman

Dishonored

Farcry3

Borderlands 2

CoD:BlOps 2

Assassins Creed 3

...just off the top of my head

#68 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Dota has ensured I have a huge back catalogue.

#69 Posted by Sjupp (1901 posts) -

Years. YEARS!

*goes mad*

#70 Posted by Slag (3365 posts) -

@Winternet said:

You're playing this game and then you check that other one, you play that level, you beat that boss and suddenly . . you're playing too many games concurrently. This can not happen only to me, so I wanna know how are you duders fairing with this problem.

not real well.

If I haven't played a single player game in two weeks realistically I'm never coming back to it.

Takes some time to admit that to myself though.

#71 Posted by Hunter5024 (5180 posts) -

Well I have Dust, Kid Icarus, Penny Arcade 3, and a gamefly envelope with Far Cry 3 in it. I'm also going to buy Mass Effect 3 and Spec Ops this friday, but normally I don't get this crowded, I'm just in sort of an end of the year rush for my own personal GOTY, and to avoid spoilers during the GB deliberations. I guess technically I have my bucket list too, but those I do mostly over the summer or when I don't have anything else to play (it was dumb of me to put so many fifty hour RPGs on that.)

#72 Posted by StarFoxA (5123 posts) -

I'm in the middle of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for the first time, I've been playing Condemned, at least a dozen indie games, and a boat load of mobile games too.

#73 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

@Slag said:

@Winternet said:

You're playing this game and then you check that other one, you play that level, you beat that boss and suddenly . . you're playing too many games concurrently. This can not happen only to me, so I wanna know how are you duders fairing with this problem.

not real well.

If I haven't played a single player game in two weeks realistically I'm never coming back to it.

Takes some time to admit that to myself though.

I know what you mean. I had LA Noire installed for about 6 months after I stopped playing it, always telling myself that I'd pick it up again sometime, when I realistically I knew I wouldn't have the time. And that thing was using 20GB or something of hard drive space.

#74 Posted by BoG (5178 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Clogged as fuck. Steam and Desura are to blame.

STEAM YOU DIRTY MONEYSUCKER! This is my situation. Here is my "to play list" on Steam:

Alice: Madness Returns (Halfway)

Amnesia (Haven't even played it)

Company of Heroes + expansions (I am halfway through one campaign)

Skyrim (Halfway)

LIMBO (I played it for like... 5 minutes)

Machinarium (30 minutes)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. + expansions (haven't started)

Titan Quest (30 minutes)

To the Moon (Haven't started)

Torchlight (Haven't started)

Tropico 4 (I can't play it until I fix a video card issue)

I really, really need to stop buying games. After selling back my textbooks today, I went to Gamestop to see if they had a used copy of MGS HD Collection or No More Heroes 2. I bought NMH, but they also had Bioshock 2 for $8. How can I say no!

Right now, my top three priorities are The Witcher 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Final Fantasy II. I haven't gotten to far in any of them. Ok, I'm going to go play The Withcer.

#75 Posted by CreepingDeath0 (127 posts) -

I've actually hit quite a lull in my gaming at the minute. Haven't bought a new game in quite a while and finally cleared my backlog. Now I'm just mulling around in FTL and replaying some of Renegade Ops to pass the time before the massive influx of new games at Xmas. From the 25th I'm going to be flooded ^^

#76 Posted by Video_Game_King (34647 posts) -

@BoG:

Mine's even worse, especially in terms of "have/played".

#77 Posted by BoG (5178 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@BoG:

Mine's even worse, especially in terms of "have/played".

Steam is just evil. I just realized, those are only the games I have installed. I'll take this opportunity to add Bastion, Breath of Death VII, Cthulhu Saves the World, Darksiders, all the original Half Life expansions, L.A. Noire (which my PC won't actually run), Metro 2033, Red Faction: Armageddon, Saints Row: The Third, The Secret of Monkey Island, Knights of the Old Republic, and The Witcher. I also Have Dragon Age: Origins on Origin.

I think just about every person who likes video games has a similarly intimidating list.

#78 Posted by Video_Game_King (34647 posts) -

@BoG:

The worst part of mine is that I haven't bought a single game on the list. People just give them out, and I'm dumb enough not to stop taking them.

#79 Posted by Lord_Vetinari (15 posts) -

I was doing fine until I signed up for PS+, and now I have a real backlog of games building.

Just completed Limbo; I'm on the last colossus on SotC HD, but then I'll have restart and clock hard mode before I can move onto Arkham City, Just Cause 2 and Vanquish.

And then I have Dead Space 2 which still sits in my 360, seventy-odd percent complete but untouched for nearly a year. Worse is the knowledge that I left it surrounded by necromorphs, miles away from a shop with only two shots and some harsh language to defend myself with. I hate leaving things incomplete but that one tried my patience..

#80 Posted by BoringK (247 posts) -

As far as stuff I'm actually in the middle of playing: I'm still trying to finish XCOM:EU and Torchlight II, I just started on Dishonored and Persona 4 Golden, and I still need to finish RDR: Undead Nightmare from when I finally started on it back in October.

My backlog of stuff I haven't even touched yet is just dumb, but top priorities to play are Metro 2033, Just Cause 2, Witcher 2 and GTAIV: Ballad of Gay Tony.

#81 Posted by Raven10 (1599 posts) -

Well I often start games and never finish them. If you count ones I actually plan on going back and finishing I have maybe 10 games I would like to one day finish. Many of them I'm not actively playing nor have I been in months. I also have well over 100 games on Steam that I own but have never started, and a fair number of PS2 games I want to get to eventually. I finally started playing Kingdom Hearts 2 earlier this year, but then decided to play Chain of Memories first and that game is just pretty bad so I gave up. I would like to finish both though. I also am like two or three levels away from beating Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time so I may go back to that eventually. I have two levels to go of Sly Cooper HD, almost the entire game left in Beyond Good and Evil HD, half of Starhawk, the majority of STALKER, the majority of Assassin's Creed Revelations, half of Rayman Origins, most of Sideway New York, most of Outland, maybe half of Trine 2, a fair bit of Alan Wake's American Nightmare, a bunch of sidequests in Arkham City, and, well if I ever want to finish Final Fantasy 13 I have like a third of that to go. Oh LittleBigPlanet, and Infamous 2 I have about half of as well. Fuck that is sooo many. And mind you I've whittled this down quite a ways over the past couple of months. Only new games I've bought since, well, probably since Mass Effect 3 are The Walking Dead and Hotline Miami. Fuck. Forgot that one. Add half of Hotline Miami to the list.

#82 Posted by NMC2008 (1172 posts) -

I have a backlog of 80 retail games and about 20 downloadable games, I dunno what to do.

#83 Posted by Peanut (952 posts) -

I thought I was getting clear of mine, but I fucked it all up by buying all the Skyrim DLC when Dragonborn hit. Honestly, I don't know that I can ever get through my backlog. I've got so many games I've been meaning/wanting to get to sitting around, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

#84 Posted by Inkerman (1448 posts) -

The only AAA game I've played in the last 2 years was Skyrim, and I haven't played any games this year at all. I recently bought the games I had not played in the Steam summer sale. All up, it's about 80 games. So yeah.

#85 Posted by fugie7 (1105 posts) -

too much games to play not enough time to play them..so it's really clogged.

#86 Edited by Rhaknar (5940 posts) -

alot, on PC after clearing my "currently playing" list of games Im not actually playing, and havent touched in months (like Rochard for example), I reduced it to Prototype, Lost Planet and TR Anniversary...and then proceeded to download and instal / play a bit of PoP Forgotten Sands... basically all games I finished back on 360 but havent played on PC, so I want to get those out of the way (like I did with RE5 and Singularity recently).

on the console front Im playing ZombiU aswell

edit: I assume this topic is only for games im actively playing by the way, if its a backlog thing, then LOL at my Steam backlog :(

#87 Posted by verbalmedal (55 posts) -

I have spec ops to finish and that all.

#88 Posted by Subject2Change (2965 posts) -

I typically only play 1 game at a time, currently have a back log of about 30-40 games....I really need to work on that.

However I do have my work Xmas week off coming up and plan to play Dark Souls and possibly start something else. Would love to knock that list down a bit....I've also found myself not buying new releases as frequently my last purchases have all been old N64 games.

#89 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

If I counted all games that I started and didn't finish it would be a lot more, but as far as games that I actually want to complete there is-

1. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
  2. Darksiders
  3. Resistance 2 (only have the final boss left)
  4. Dark Void
  5. Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
#90 Posted by vikingdeath1 (902 posts) -

Currently in the middle of playing:

Sleeping Dogs, Farcry 3, Spec Ops, Max Payne 3, Hitman Absolution, Persona 4 Arena, XCOM, Darksiders 2, and Persona 3. oh and that new Skyrim DLC.

and that's just what i'm playing actively, I also wanna finish Borderlands 2, The Witcher 2, my 2nd run of ME3, Vanquish, RE6, Tales of Vesperia, Dark Souls, and I have Syndicate on the way!

..... good thing my exams are done with today! So I hope to knock off Spec Ops and Sleeping Dogs tomorrow!

#91 Posted by amp_1986 (57 posts) -

My backlog is pretty huge. I have a stack of about 25-30 PS3/360 that I haven't even opened yet. My 320 GB PS3 is almost full, mostly from games that I haven't played yet. There's also a bunch of games from this year that I want to play but haven't bought yet. I also have a handful of games that I've beaten but am planning on going back to at some point to try and platinum/100%.

#92 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6939 posts) -

Pretty damn clear, actually. Just need to play episode 5 of TWD.

#93 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Its so close to the end of the year and I have so many games I want to play.

#94 Posted by crush3x5 (39 posts) -

I've got Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored, Darksiders 1 & 2, Bioshock 2, Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution. Not terrible but there also is a lot of older games I would to play. However I am happy that I recently beat Max Payne 3 and Halo 4 on legendary.

#95 Edited by Fattony12000 (6367 posts) -

My list of shame 2012

Video games that came out in 2012, and that I have yet to play. In 2012. Shit.

1. Darksiders II

Shit, need to play it.

2. Mark of the Ninja

Shit, need to play it.

3. Max Payne 3

Shit, need to play it.

4. Sleeping Dogs

Shit, need to play it.

5. Assassin's Creed III

Shit, need to play it.

6. Trials Evolution

Shit, need to play it.

7. XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Shit, need to play it.

8. Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Shit, need to play it.

9. Syndicate

Played the demo.

10. Asura's Wrath

Shit, need to play it.

11. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Shit, need to play it.

12. Fez

Shit, need to play it.

13. Halo 4

Shit, need to play it.

14. The Darkness II

Played the demo.

15. Forza Horizon

Shit, need to play it.

16. Dishonored

Shit, need to play it.

17. Catherine

Shit, need to play it.

18. Binary Domain

Shit, need to play it.

19. Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Shit, need to play it.

20. Spec Ops: The Line

Shit, need to play it.

21. Torchlight II

Shit, need to play it.

22. Dragon's Dogma

Played the demo.

23. Hitman: Absolution

Shit, need to play it.

24. Gravity Rush

Shit, need to play it.

25. Sine Mora

Shit, need to play it.

26. Lollipop Chainsaw

Shit, need to play it.

27. SSX

Shit, need to play it.

28. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Shit, need to play it.

29. Skullgirls

Shit, need to play it.

30. Final Fantasy XIII-2

Shit, need to play it.

31. Ziggurat

Shit, need to play it.

#96 Posted by Solutha (34 posts) -

I don't even want to think about.

I'm content with playing through all these Personas.

#97 Posted by BeachThunder (11276 posts) -

For 2012 games:

• Far Cry 3
  • Krater
  • Virtue's Last Reward
  • Professor Layton 5
  • Chaos on Deponia
  • A Virus Named TOM

Far Cry 3, Chaos on Deponia, and Professor Layton 5 are just not going to be finished this year.

#98 Edited by forkboy (970 posts) -

I got as far as unwrapping the cellophane from around Dark Souls. I actually might have played it up for 10 minutes but still. Should probably go back to it sometime. I need to go back to UFC Undisputed 3 actually at some point. I'm about 2-3 missions away from the end of Sleeping Dogs & have been for a few months so should finish that. Arkham Asylum I got about midway through then my 360 RRoD'd a couple years ago. I never went back to it after getting the machine back. Still have chapters 4 & 5 of The Walking Dead to finish. Actually, I also have the remake/update of Monkey Island 2 mostly unfinished, I think I did 2 "chapters" of that. Oh christ, & I've still to finish the main story of Skyrim, though I'm pretty sure I'm right at the end of it.

And despite spending 106 hours with Crusader Kings 2 so far this year I've yet to actually get a save all the way to the end of the games time period. I intend to change that with my current Byzantine game though

Just remembered that I started The Witcher this year & actually haven't played it in ages. Needless to say I'm miles from finishing it.

#99 Posted by benspyda (1899 posts) -

Surprisingly unclogged. I've finished just about all the releases this year I want to other than Far Cry 3 which I'm playing through now. I've disregarded most of the games I've bought and haven't played over the years as games I don't really want to play anyway (example, Two Worlds II is some real hot garbage in just about every way so that's been deleted from my HDD, like most European RPG's I've bought and haven't enjoyed at all like Risen and Divinity 2).

I still want to get round to playing Civ V Gods and Kings and Shogun 2: Total War but I have trouble getting stuck into those kinds of games. I'm also continuing my renegade Shephard's story in Mass Effect 2. (God, going back and playing Mass Effect 2 reminds me how much better 2 is in every way other than combat). I played Saints Row 3 and Batman Arkham City for consoles when they came out but have the GOTY editions on PC I may also check out in the near future.

So mainly going back to awesome games and playing them again is my new backlog which is better than having a backlog of European RPG's let me tell you.

#100 Posted by CJduke (780 posts) -

About 40% of the way through Far Cry 3, on sequence 8 in AC 3, 5 hours into XCOM, and on the third level in Mark of the Ninja. It was even worse before that but I finished Hitman: Absolution and The Walking Dead. I want to finish Far Cry 3, AC 3, and Xcom before the year is over but unless i spend some serious time playing them I don't know if it is possible because I get so caught up in exploring, collecting, side questing in open world games.