Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Slaegar
@StarvingGamer said:

$2100 for a PC... and that was a Black Friday deal?

Whaaaaaa?

Sorry, your situation sucks, but man. What?

I'm curious to know what they put inside it.
Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Laiv162560asse

@Phyrlord said:

WAIT WAIT............... I thought everyone knew Cyberpower PC was a complete scam. I didn't know people actually bought computers from them. I'm not joking... I'm pretty sure everyone I know in the computer world knows Cyberpower PC is a scam. Weird, you just blew my mind. Sorry to hear about it man.

Unfortunately it has already happened, I would maybe go to a decent computer shop and get them to custom build it next time, like you said you were short on time.

You should tell everybody you know in the computer world to do their research properly. Cyberpower is a legit business with good feedback even in this very thread. Whether or not they will provide good customer service in a situation like this is another matter. Fingers crossed.

Telling the OP nonsense like 'they're a scam' is only going to cause unwarranted panic. Reminds me of a time when a guy I knew insisted that a certain PC was infected with the SmitFraud trojan, because 'my dad said so and he deals with this stuff in his PC shop all the time'. His evidence for the infection was that there was a fake antispyware program present - 'SuperAntiSpyware', which isn't fake at all and is actually one of the better antispy progs around (or was at the time).

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By gaminghooligan

I've been there man. Bought an Alienware. The HDD was dead on arrival, case was locked and the key was for a different size lock, and the lights on the side (pretty much what your're paying for I found out later) were unresponsive. Learned my lesson. It'll all work out though I'm sure, best part of PC gaming is the ability to adapt and solve problems via the manufacturer or yourself.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Crysack

$2100 is a lot for a computer. Even if you don't have the time to build a PC (really, it only takes about an hour of your time), you're still better off buying the parts and having a local tech guy build it for you.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Anund

The computer I put together for myself the other month would cost $2900. That's with dual monitors, mouse, keyboard... the works. And that's only the parts, I would build it myself. Admittedly, that price is converted from Swedish kronor but taking taxes and just the general lower prices in the US into account I would estimate the same computer would come out at around $2000 over there.

I don't get the amount of chock over that price. If you want a high end gaming PC and you have a job... it's not such a big deal.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Andorski

@Anund said:

The computer I put together for myself the other month would cost $2900. That's with dual monitors, mouse, keyboard... the works. And that's only the parts, I would build it myself. Admittedly, that price is converted from Swedish kronor but taking taxes and just the general lower prices in the US into account I would estimate the same computer would come out at around $2000 over there.

I don't get the amount of chock over that price. If you want a high end gaming PC and you have a job... it's not such a big deal.

Yea. Considering the full swath of increasingly better hardware you can use in building a rig, $2000 USD isn't all that shocking. I have a complete set of parts on my Newegg wishlist containing an i5 processor, 8GB RAM, GTX 680, 750W PSU, high end ASUS mobo, 128GB SSD with secondary 2TB HDD, self containing water cooling unit and quality case fans at over $1700 USD. I would just need to upgrade the CPU to i7, get a larger SSD, and buy a slightly more expensive case in order to hit $2000 to have a set of parts that I would need to buy and put together myself.

PC gaming can be easily afforable, but if you want all the bells and whistle to run any game at 1080p (or higher) at a constant 60fps, you either need to do some serious GPU overclocking or throw down some cash to get it.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By murisan

@jdh5153 said:

You don't get this problem with Apple :)

You don't get to game on Apples either.

Mob7645

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By Mob7645

Just to give yall a little update:

Despite what i have heard about the bad customer service this company has, they have actually been more helpful then I thought. They have called me back every time they said they would and to my surprise just 1 day after i reported this mess they had a UPS driver at my door tonight at my house to pick up the PC and ship it back to California (not were the original buyer of the computer who is in TX. Which to be would seem like a smarter and faster way to get this customer and me what we bought sooner). Although the customer service rep did not have the information on where my PC was. Well i guess tomorrow is another day. will see what they say tomorrow.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By jdh5153

@murisan said:

@jdh5153 said:

Actually you do. I dual boot Windows 8 on my MacBook and it plays my entire Steam library without the slightest problem.

toolzz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#60  Edited By toolzz360

@Mob7645:

good luck with them i had someone steal my card and use it online to buy a bunch of shit....took me ages to prove to them it was fraudulent.....i have since left that shit bank

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Mob7645 said:

So i ordered a little Christmas gift for myself this year, a new gaming computer. Despite some of the negative reviews i had seen about their computers being sent DOA I dismissed it an ordered when they had their black Friday promotion. Of course black Friday was a long time ago and today 12/19/2012 the package arrived from at my door. I couldn't wait to open it up and get everything going. I was hoping their would be no problems with it working but the second i opened the box that was the least of my worries. I noticed that the computer looked very different from what i ordered. The case was wrong, There was engraving on the case i did not order and there was no blu ray drive. I was very confused till a ripped the invoice off the box opened it up and read it. It seems like putting shipping labels on the right boxes these days are very hard and they sent me another customers computer and mine was to that customer. I guess the only good thing in all of this is the customer who got my computer called also about the switch up. I was afraid that might not happen because the other persons computer was invoiced at 540 dollars and mine is invoiced at 2100 dollars. The Customer service person I'm dealing with just wants to apologize every 5 seconds and have me take 15 different pictures of the box and computer. When i asked what was there plan to fix this mess they did not have an answer. So in all 2100 dollars later i have a computer sitting in my living room that is almost in equal power as the old one ive been using for the last 5 years. It took me a long time to save up to buy this thing and i can see them asking me to ship it somewhere without giving me a instant credit for the shipping. This would kinda suck considering all the money i spent on Christmas and all the money i have spent on repairs because of Hurricane Sandy.

Holy shit you spent 2100 dollars on a computer, dude?!?

Carncarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Carncarn

Sorry to hear about your troubles man, sounds like they' re sorting it out at least.

The real issue is this hockey lockout bullshit, go Devils.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By murisan

@jdh5153 said:

@murisan said:

@jdh5153 said:

Actually you do. I dual boot Windows 8 on my MacBook and it plays my entire Steam library without the slightest problem.

Uh huh, so Far Cry 3 runs on Ultra at 1080p?