• 87 results
Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Bigheart711

One day (WAY before Multi-Pass), while I was on one of the whiskey sites (AV), I noticed that there were some others were there as well when I clicked on the Whiskey Media logo. I took a few visits here and later decided to join because I thought it would be fun. I'm so glad I was right! Do any of you have a story about how you discovered GB as well?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Just a heads up, quite a few threads on this subject have been created before. I found Jeff Gerstmann's blog through someone's blog on Gamespot back before the site launched. Jeff was talking about Giant Bomb there, I signed up and I was part of the site on day one.

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By plop1920

Some dude posted on the gamespot forums about giantbomb, so I came here and realized that these were all the old guys from GS and stayed for the quick looks 

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Djeffers03

Back sometime in 2008 I was searching around for what happened to Jeff at Gamespot, I came to a wiki page and saw this page and saw this picture:  

This. 

I can't remember if it was on Jeff's wiki page or something else but I went and checked out this so-called "giant bomb" and was hooked. Can't remember exactly when I first visited but it was back when the homepage still had the lists of the most popular searched on the site were, like hamburger and stuff.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead

Gamespot > Arrow Pointing Down > Giantbomb

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Grissefar

I think it was a link to the MAG quick looks from N4g. It was a slooow process.  They hide their goodies well and are generally not inviting to new people. But now I love the site.

peligroy2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By peligroy2k

i used to fallow jeff since  2001 (I remember when Ryan was blond)
markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By markini6

Looking for videos of Borderlands right before it was released and found the quick look

razielrioux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By razielrioux

First seen the interview with Jeff on Xplay  and Giant Bomb was more or less being announced. But my first time experiencing Giant Bomb was when I downloaded an episode of video game podcasts off Itunes. Been hooked ever since and have listened to every episode! Even the APD stuff.

Navyseils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Navyseils

I had been a fan of the guys work since their gamespot days. So I found out about it as they were starting it up via Jeffs blog and arrowpointingdown. 

I loved the 'how to build a bomb' series of videos. A nice look into how these things start up, and funny also. If you're a more recent addition to the GB family, I would recommend you look them up.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bigheart711
@Gamer_152 said:

" Just a heads up, quite a few threads on this subject have been created before. I found Jeff Gerstmann's blog through someone's blog on Gamespot back before the site launched. Jeff was talking about Giant Bomb there, I signed up and I was part of the site on day one. "

Damn! Looks like I didn't look hard enough! Is there a thread about this I should bump, or should we stick to this one after all?
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By armaan8014

Was reading up about Gamespot on Wikipedia (cuz that's what I like to do, read about random stuff on Wikipedia) and reached the controversies section. There the whole Jeff firing thing was mentioned, and I read that he was gonna start a new site called Giantbomb so I ended up signing up on launch day .

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FancySoapsMan

It was kind of a big deal over at gamespot when it started out.

that's probably how most of the users here found out about it.

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By takua108

I saw a YouTube video of "NEVER" on a Kotaku thread. lol.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Google.

PS3RG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PS3RG

Well I first started to get into the whole podcast thing a few years back with 1UP Yours. That podcast really sparked my interest in video game journalism and news so I hit up Itunes to see other video game podcast and came across the Bombcast. So, I guess the podcast brought me to the website and it has been my homepage ever since :)

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Elazul
@Gamer_152 said:
" Just a heads up, quite a few threads on this subject have been created before. I found Jeff Gerstmann's blog through someone's blog on Gamespot back before the site launched. Jeff was talking about Giant Bomb there, I signed up and I was part of the site on day one. "
Yup, I'm pretty much in the same boat.
Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Vorbis

Joystiqs coverage of the "firing" got me onto Jeffs blog and followed that for a few months until they announced GB, then followed that while it was a blog. I had seen the stuff on Gamespot before all that but was never that into the site, just its crew.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#19  Edited By citizenkane

From Jeff's blog back on March 5, 2008, the day Giant Bomb started.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GunnBjorn

After his 'departure' with Gamespot, I followed Jeff to see wath he'd do next. And at one point he announced he was going to startup a game site of his own! With a few former associates of GS...
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By penguindust
@GunnBjorn said:
" Since his 'departure' with Gamespot, I followed Jeff to see wath he'd do next. And at one point he announced he was going to startup a game site of his own! With a few former associates of GS. "
Basically the same thing.  I listened to the Gamespot podcast a lot and watched the video show, then when he was fired, I heard he was up to a new project.  I could see that all of his coworkers were leaving Gamespot, so when I saw they all assembled here, I joined up.
jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jasta

Seen Ryan getting interviewed on some show, checked out the site and that was that.

Riddell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Riddell

I sensed something awesome was happening on the internet and instinctively typed giantbomb.com

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#24  Edited By gla55jAw
@HandsomeDead said:
" Gamespot > Arrow Pointing Down > Giantbomb "
FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FacelessVixen

GameTrailers' podcast.

wormz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By wormz

Someone was talking about the Persona 4 endurance run on /v/ when it started so I came to check it out and stayed.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ragdrazi

Got kicked out for expressing my opinions too loudly on The Escapist.  I was expressing support for piracy. Mods there like to target you when you say anything you don't like, so I figured I'd talk louder and louder until they booted me. Wandered around trying to find a new video game / internet / time wasting home. Tried a bunch of sites and found them to be full of slimy /b/tard want-to-be's. Eventually I found this place and was amazed and then amazed several times more by how free and wonderful it is. Giant Bomb is the shit and must remain the shit into the future.

management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By management

In late 08 I searched for a review of a game I don't remember the name of. Giantbomb.com came up. 

As I continued to watch reviews I saw that all the "good old guys" from gamespot was here. Been lurking around ever since.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Arker101

I was a gamespoter, while checking out the hotspot on Itunes it recommended the Bombcast, it was funnier then shit, and garrulous to boot! 

I was hooked.
JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JokerSmilez

After seeing the Penny Arcade comic about Jeff's firing from Gamespot, I discovered him and Ryan doing the Arrow Pointing Down podcast. The rest is history.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By BrittonPeele
@HandsomeDead said:
^ This. Especially since GameSpot no longer had the likes of Rich Gallup and Greg Kasavin, I followed Jeff and Ryan and was part of Giant Bomb on day one, when it was in "beta."
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By Kyreo

Gamespot. 

I followed his post-KaneAndLynch Blog for a while bug kinda lost interest after that first month of inactivity but I remembered that blog a year later and Here I am now.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zeforgotten

Followed Jeff after the Gamespot thing, loved his Achivement Points videos at that point then started following Ryan's Arrow Pointing down thing and  all of a sudden "hey this thing is a blog for now" came up which was giantbomb and I was there from day one.. Then Giantbomb became a real thing.. 
And then came the trolls... 

BlackPlastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BlackPlastic

I followed Ryan and Jeff after the incident at Gamespot.

fearthephins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fearthephins

From google haha

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Heartagram

I saw the very first podcast on Itunes and listened to it. I then checked the blog religiously til the site went live. Day one member bitches!

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#39  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

The bombcast. 

After searching the iTunes store for an decent podcast about video games I stumbled upon the Bombcast and never looked back. I listened to the most recent episode at the time and a few backlogged ones and became hooked. I think 15 minutes into the first one I checked out the website and have been a member ever since. 

This was at the beginning of 09 I think?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BraveToaster

My cousin, who is also my main gaming friend, told me about it.

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By illmatic19

I was reading 1UPs review of Bad Company 1 and it was bad. Someone on the comments told me to read Jeffs review an it was great. I stuck around for a bit until I started visiting heavily in June 2009.

I knew who Jeff was on Gamespot but I always thought of him as a fat prick. But he's fucking awesome as hell.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LiquidSwords

Stumbled onto Gamespot and like the shenanigans (I said shenanigans, derp!)  they pulled. I remember the incident happened and seeing the tribute video for Jeff. At first I thought he died because they didn't say what actually happened! Heard about his blog and followed from there on out, I actually joined the forum a year or so ago.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#43  Edited By wefwefasdf
@HandsomeDead said:
Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By Romination

I came from Gamesradar after Jeff showed up to talk about his score of MK vs. DCU. He was pretty awesome so I checked out the site.

Avatar image for mightymayormike
MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MightyMayorMike

Searching for Jeff on Google, found his blog, found the Arrow Pointing Down podcast, was psyched when they made the site.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By donchipotle

The GiantBomb user Vinchenzo is a friend of mine in real life and he sent an XBL message that had the link to GiantBomb. I checked it out and then joined. 

And then I actually started using it like a month and a half later.

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By NakAttack

A cracked.com article two years ago.

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#48  Edited By ShadowVirus

On another forum I use to go on, someone posted a link to GiantBomb when it was originally just a blog with the 'How to Build a Bomb' videos, I started following it and listening to the Arrow Point Down podcasts and then joined GB on day one when it started.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By iam3green

people from gamespot were talking about gaintbomb. so i joined the site and got banned from gamespot so here i am.

HalfSunkBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HalfSunkBoat

Someone posted an E3 video on Game Trailers and I decided to check out the site.