DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By DoctorTran
@Zajtalan
why is this a blog post? I just followed Jeff's leave from the once comforting gamespot 
Same here. I loved him on HotSpot. When he got the boot I followed him.
nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By nukesniper

I was told about the Gerstmann issue at Gamestop (didn't know who Jeff was at the time) then fell in love with all the crap they did between that and Giantbomb's launch. I keep coming here because I know the guys' likes and dislikes and I can relate to what they are saying. I feel that I know what they will think of a game and I love the bombcast stupidity. 

buzztone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By buzztone

I use to frequent Shacknews.com a whole lot, and I came across a user post about a new project by Jeff called GiantBomb.  I followed the link in the post and the rest is history.  :)

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#54  Edited By UncleDisco
@weeman105 said:
" Not gonna lie, I totally followed Jeff. Gamespot -> Blog -> Giantbomb. Once the majority of the Gamespot crew that I knew left (Kasavin, Navarro, Gouskous, Gallup, Gerstmann, Shoemaker, Davis etc.) I really felt no connection to the site anymore. A corporate business model is great and all, but that can't ever make up for charisma. "
Pretty much this...
Avatar image for deactivated-61abb009b221e
deactivated-61abb009b221e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

http://whiskeymedia.com/brands_gb.shtml  
It's so hard to believe that I was present and watching throughout all of that. As far back as I can remember, it started for me when the snowball of leaving Gamespot happened, which in my opinion, started with Greg Kasavin leaving for EA. I listened to the Arrow Pointing down podcast. I visited Giant Bomb when it opened up as a blog on its first day. I was just as excited as everyone else when Brad and Vinny came on the team. I registered the day the wiki site went up. Skip all the way forward until now, I can admit this was a small tidbit of internet history I thoroughly enjoyed. Good times.
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By TheGremp

Gamespot - Jeff's blog - Arrow Pointing Down - Giant Bomb - Chie Satonaka

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By FacelessVixen

Multiple permanent bans on GameTrailers. Just after the banning of some of my accounts there, I asked around with my unbanned account for other sites to go to, and someone mentioned this one.

I came here just in time for the Deadly Permeation Endurance Run.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#58  Edited By cornbredx

I learned about the site a couple years ago when watching a VLOG Spoony did where he mentioned Persona 4. Someone in the comments mentioned Vinny and Jeff were doing an "endurance run" and it was a fun watch. The rest is basically history.

BigLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BigLemon

I was a fan of Jeff from his video reviews at Gamespot, and then I followed his blog and his "Points!" videocast things (which I still think are hilarious). Then I just followed him to here.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By Skald

Why is the word gaming in quotes? Do you doubt this websites relevance to gaming? 

I can't remember exactly how I got here. I think I was looking at a review on Gamespot and clicked on Ryan's profile. 

No Caption Provided
I've been here for a long time, but I spent most of it without a profile. I just lurked the forums and read reviews.
thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#61  Edited By thatfrood

p4 er

MadeinFinland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By MadeinFinland
@Video_Game_King: lol, nice.
blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63  Edited By blackbird415
@keyhunter said:
" I sorta just followed the Gerst man from Gamespot to his blog to this.  "
This
Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By ShadowKnight508

I first heard of Giant Bomb last year from several users on the Playfire site. When I joined AnimeVice in October 2009, I was going to join Giant Bomb as well, but I got sidetracked with college and doing reviews/submissions on AnimeVice, and it was not until just this past Saturday that I remembered that I could link my main account from AnimeVice to any of the Whiskey Media family of sites, so I joined up on Screened, Tested, and here on Giant Bomb.

I have not tried Comic Vine, but I might one day give a look into it over the winter break.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By OmegaChosen

I was going through the Let's Play list on tvtropes when I saw that a Persona 4 "Endurance Run" was on there and decided to check it out. Been here ever since.

Crescendo1897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By Crescendo1897

listened to the giantbombcast until I had to visit the site, watched a funny QL and was hooked

T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By T0mF5

A few years ago in the comments of the Hotspot podcast someone wrote "GIANTBOMB.COM". I went to it and eventually stopped going to Gamespot.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#68  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

A story I have recounted many times! Basically a little while after the whole Gerstmann situation at Gamespot I saw someone blogging that Jeff had a blog out there up and running again, and that led me to the site that would eventually become Giant Bomb.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By FCKSNAP

I trolled LUE when I was about twelve after being invited to it via IRC. Became a regular of Gamefaqs. Gamefaqs got bought around that time by CNET/Gamespot. Known most of Jeff's work through that but didn't understand who he really was until my family got broadband and I could finally actually watch videos and download podcasts. It's been years Jeff but I still think you can beat 100%.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By turbomonkey138

welcome ! On the spot was where I first saw gerstman and the crew where they go i Ifollow :P 

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By iam3green

somebody posted a thing about jeff making a new site giantbomb.com. i went there registered here went back to gamespot. i got banned for something stupid and came here. man gamespot.com is a strict place no matter where you post there.

WEGGLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By WEGGLES

Gerstmanngate took me here. 

I remember the days when it was blog format, and when the  "how to build a bomb" videos were new. 

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#73  Edited By Gerhabio

I used to listen to the Jeff, Ryan and the others on the Hotspot back when they were on Gamespot.  When I heard the news that Jeff was fired I decided to stop listening. Then I read somewhere on the Internet that Jeff was starting his own website and began to listen to the Arrow Pointing Down and then listened to the bombcast every week. It actually took me like a year and some to register as a member in Giantbomb even though I frequented often. I guess I just didn't see the appeal of commenting and such. Now I do though and I'm here. 
So yeah, I found it through the bombcast, I suppose, technically.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Cramsy

followed Jeff

LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By LeetBalla

Been a member since day one. I was a long time gamespot fan but started following Arrow Pointing down (Ryan's blog) and Jeff's blog after they left gamespot and then followed them over to Giantbomb. I remember when this site crashed about every five minutes. They have improved so much since then. 

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76  Edited By SBYM

Checked out Jeff's blog after the GameSpot fiasco, after a while he and Ryan started the Arrow Pointing Down podcast, a post about this site came up eventually and I've been here ever since from way back when this site was just a blog and they were reviewing Burnout Paradise and Poker Smash. Once this place became a for-real site I signed up immediately.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#77  Edited By chstupid
@Aronman789 said:
" Found out about it from a Cracked article "
So did I.
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Bigandtasty

Looked up gamespot on Wikipedia in late 2008 to find out what happened to Jeff. Up until that point, I was busy with WoW and didn't particularly care about other games, though it turns out I missed some great stuff in there that I eventually went back for.

Maotou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Maotou
 Followed in suit after the whole gamespot fiasco. I didn't join up at first (mostly just lurked and watched) but, eventually I found my way to the site again and figured I join up.
smitty86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By smitty86

After listening to the Feedback on g4's website for awhile, they mentioned how they kept getting messages from someone about deadly persona, so they played it and talked about how crazy it was. So looked it up on wikipedia and it mentioned that Giantbomb.com was doing an "endurance run" of the game. So i clicked and watched the 1st Jeff and Vinny one and was hooked. Maybe I should go back and watch the Brad and Ryan one someday.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Capum15

Used to be pretty active in Gamespots' forums. Started losing steam after Rich left On the Spot, and that eventually went on hiatus for a few months. Somewhere around that time, not sure if it was before or later, I remembered seeing something about some sort of large explosive website and decided to visit it. Quick Looks and the P4 ER followed, and I've been a fan ever since. Still visit the GS forums from time to time, but not as much as I used to.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Google.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Th3_James

Since the first arrow pointing down podcast. I'm so happy that Giant Bomb turned out the way it did.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#84  Edited By Dimsey

Jeff left Gamespot. I followed his blog a bit.
They did the Arrow Pointing Down thing. I listened. They announced Giant Bomb. Here I am.

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#85  Edited By SBYM
@smitty86 said:
"deadly persona"
Atlus, please hire Swery and have him make this game; I'm begging you.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86  Edited By JJOR64

Found out about it when Jeff mentioned it on X-Play a few years ago.  Found the site and starting posting here often around October of that year.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I don't remember. It was earlier this year, I think. I watched the Mass Effect 2 video review from the link on Metacritic, and remembered seeing that dude in the video on some other website. I'm pretty sure it was Gamespot. And so I made an account. But it could have been earlier than that, I just don't have a good memory.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By TwoLines

After Jeff was fired from Gamespot, I typed in his name in Google, went on his blog and found  out about GB. Checked in on July 21st, and that's that.

Praab_NZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Praab_NZ

Gamespot to here in 1 questionable step!

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By c1337us

I found it with the internet. Also I used to frequent gamespot.

obiwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By obiwan

I've been following Jeff's works since his days in Gamespot. After you-know-what-happened, he started this   http://blog.jeffgerstmann.net/ and subsequently worked on Giantbomb. Not sure Jeff still remember he still got a blog that hasn't been updated in ages. :)

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By geirr

Brad, Ryan and Jeff were all favorites of mine from Gamespot, and seemingly they were gone but then one day when I was watching

GT's Bonus Round; Jeff was there, and Geoff mentioned Jeff being from Giant Bomb, and so I found myself here, and in love with gaming once again!

Alas I did not find Kasavin or Navaro here at the time but Vinny totally "filled their places" with Vin-ease..?

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By cstrang

I came to see what Jeff was up to after Gamespot, then stayed because of the quick looks.

Senhasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Senhasa

I originally came for the Persona 4 Endurance Run. That's the only thing I watched here for the first month or two. 

After a while I finally got around to watching a quick look, and found out this site has so much more to it than just the Endurance Run. Now it's pretty much my favorite website.

Mister_Snig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Mister_Snig

I hated the Gamespot community (I was a GameFAQs kinda guy :P), but I still liked a lot of the content the Gamespot staff put out. As they began to drop the personnel that I really liked (Navarro, Gerstmann, Shoemaker, etc.), I started to look for another site. It wasn't too long before I discovered Giant Bomb, when it was still a blog and they were putting up How To Build a Bomb episodes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Early 2009, I was looking up Jeff on Wikipedia, wondering what he was doing because I hadn't heard anything since he left that other website I forget the name of, and it led me here. 

smudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#97  Edited By smudo

I used to be fairly active in the Gamespot forums, but after The Great Ruckus of Late '07, I found myself hating the site. I stopped caring about video game news sites until late '08 when I got a new job that allowed me to listen to music. I started getting into podcasts and found the Bombcast.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Karl_Boss

I was a big time Gamespot user (over 30,000 posts)

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Some dude from some other gaming site told me about the P4 Endurance Run. I didn't care for it much when I first watched, because the videos were so long. But then I came back few months later, and got hooked. And then I started regularly visiting the site.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Videogames.com to Jeff's blog to GB.