How do I?

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Lower the KB of Screenshots that I take with FRAPS,so I can upload it to Giantbomb quicker?

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By twenty0ne

What's FRAPS?

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheGamerGeek
twenty0ne said:
"What's FRAPS?"
A site that allows you to make video's and images of your PC games.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By DualReaver

Do you have them saving as JPGs?
Those shouldn't be too big even at higher resolutions.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheGamerGeek
DualReaver said:
"Do you have them saving as JPGs?
Those shouldn't be too big even at higher resolutions."
No,I'm doing the Free version so I can't change it to JPG's
Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Open them with IrfanView (free software) and save as a JPG - you can set the quality too to reduce filesize. It's very compact and no annoying advertisements in it.

and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By and333

Don't lower the quality cause it.....lowers the quality......yeah. Its better to take longer time with higher quality then less time with low quality!

Also just save the file and open it in gimp or irfranview like L said and lower the resolution, but def not the quality by alot!

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheGamerGeek
L said:
"Open them with IrfanView (free software) and save as a JPG - you can set the quality too to reduce filesize. It's very compact and no annoying advertisements in it."

and333 said:
"Don't lower the quality cause it.....lowers the quality......yeah. Its better to take longer time with higher quality then less time with low quality!

Also just save the file and open it in gimp or irfranview like L said and lower the resolution, but def not the quality by alot!"
K thanks to both of you guy's.
and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By and333
TheGamerGeek said:
"L said:
"Open them with IrfanView (free software) and save as a JPG - you can set the quality too to reduce filesize. It's very compact and no annoying advertisements in it."

and333 said:
"Don't lower the quality cause it.....lowers the quality......yeah. Its better to take longer time with higher quality then less time with low quality!

Also just save the file and open it in gimp or irfranview like L said and lower the resolution, but def not the quality by alot!"
K thanks to both of you guy's."
Also save images as png because the compression is great but it still retains all the quality.
edit never mind that actually I did some test with saving in different qualitys and if your switching from a jpg to a png it'll just increase the file size but of course not improve the image quality.
Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Schizoid
and333 said:
"TheGamerGeek said:
"L said:

and333 said:

K thanks to both of you guy's."
Also save images as png because the compression is great but it still retains all the quality.
edit never mind that actually I did some test with saving in different qualitys and if your switching from a jpg to a png it'll just increase the file size but of course not improve the image quality."
If you want transparency and flawless quality then PNG is the way to go but with game screenshots it's better to save as JPG due to the smaller file sizes.