How do i install ALL Borderlands DLC on PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Knave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Knave

I know how to install one. I just take all the folders and put them in my Borderlands directory. But then if i want to install another DLC i have to overwrite the previous one. How do i install all of them?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By JoeyRavn
@Knave said:

" I know how to install one. I just take all the folders and put them in my Borderlands directory. But then if i want to install another DLC i have to overwrite the previous one. How do i install all of them? "

From where did you get the DLC? I assume they're not from Steam, because otherwise you would only need to download them and it would install them by itself. If it's retail, can't you just pop the DVD in and let the installer work its magic? :P
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Jadeskye

i really have no idea what OP is doing. 

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By CaptainObvious

I remember General Knoxx having an installer. 

So the question is, how did you really get this DLC?

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Piracy question?  Sounds like it to me.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AlexW00d

You pay money for it.

LordAssinhiemr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordAssinhiemr
@Knave said:
" I know how to install one. I just take all the folders and put them in my Borderlands directory. But then if i want to install another DLC i have to overwrite the previous one. How do i install all of them? "
Stop pirating.
Dedodido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dedodido
@Knave said:
Unlike most people, I don't believe all pirates are evil. I personally download games to try them and see if they're worth buying if they don't have a PC demo, like they seem to be doing a lot these days (coughdeadspace2cough). However, if you want to play all the DLC this badly then you clearly like the game enough to buy it.
Don't be a dick, support the developers.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By X19

You make this man stop smiling i'm coming after you.   

Randall S. Pitchford II
Randall S. Pitchford II

Randy Pitchford when you buy Borderlands.     

Randall S. Pitchford II
Randall S. Pitchford II

Randy Pitchford when you pirate Borderlands.    
VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VierasTalo

This reminds me, I have the GOTY version still boxed. Best install it and start playing! Too bad all the DLC has to be downloaded separately instead of being on the disc.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By ShadowSkill11
@Knave said:

It isn't an issue as long as you didn't pirate the DLC. Steam automatically installs the DLC. Besides, if you do choose to pirate software because you are poor or just an ass and aren't smart enough to get it working yourself you have no business pirating in the first place.
BigLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BigLemon
@ShadowSkill11 said:
" @Knave said:

It isn't an issue as long as you didn't pirate the DLC. Steam automatically installs the DLC. Besides, if you do choose to pirate software because you are poor or just an ass and aren't smart enough to get it working yourself you have no business pirating in the first place. "
If he's too poor to buy the DLC, then he wouldn't have paid money for it in the first place, and thus they haven't lost a sale. 
LordAssinhiemr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LordAssinhiemr
@BigLemon said:

" @ShadowSkill11 said:

" @Knave said:

It isn't an issue as long as you didn't pirate the DLC. Steam automatically installs the DLC. Besides, if you do choose to pirate software because you are poor or just an ass and aren't smart enough to get it working yourself you have no business pirating in the first place. "
If he's too poor to buy the DLC, then he wouldn't have paid money for it in the first place, and thus they haven't lost a sale.  "
That's a very slippery slope you're approaching. A case could be made that he will eventually be playing it and therefore should be paying for it.

Stealing is stealing. Just because it's not technically a lost sale on Steam's part, doesn't mean they're not being stolen from.

Fucking seriously. This pirating shit pisses me off. People excuse it with every reason in the book, but can never offer up a counter to the simple fact it's straight-up robbery.
BigLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BigLemon
@LordAssinhiemr said:
" @BigLemon said:

" @ShadowSkill11 said:

" @Knave said:

If he's too poor to buy the DLC, then he wouldn't have paid money for it in the first place, and thus they haven't lost a sale.  "
That's a very slippery slope you're approaching. A case could be made that he will eventually be playing it and therefore should be paying for it. Stealing is stealing. Just because it's not technically a lost sale on Steam's part, doesn't mean they're not being stolen from.  Fucking seriously. This pirating shit pisses me off. People excuse it with every reason in the book, but can never offer up a counter to the simple fact it's straight-up robbery. "
but it's not robbery. explain to me how it's robbery. robbery is if i steal your car and now you don't have the car anymore. pirating is making a facsimile.
wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By wrathofconn
@BigLemon: Dude, you're not paying for something that costs money. That's the definition of stealing, regardless of how the product is supplied. it's the same as walking out of a store with a game you didn't pay for. Get over yourself.
BigLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BigLemon
@wrathofconn: But it's not the same. Look, I don't pirate games or steal, but the two concepts are distinct. 
LordAssinhiemr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LordAssinhiemr
@BigLemon said:

" @wrathofconn: But it's not the same. Look, I don't pirate games or steal, but the two concepts are distinct.  "

In activity but not in results. Whether it is taking my car or pirating a game that was made to make a profit, it is stealing. 

The problem with people who defend pirating is they tend to think the product must be tangible in order for it to be considered stolen. It drives me crazy. Why don't you go ask a developer about how they feel. I'm sure they'll be buying you dinner afterward too.
wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By wrathofconn
@LordAssinhiemr said:
" @BigLemon said:

" @wrathofconn: But it's not the same. Look, I don't pirate games or steal, but the two concepts are distinct.  "

In activity but not in results. Whether it is taking my car or pirating a game that was made to make a profit, it is stealing.   The problem with people who defend pirating is they tend to think the product must be tangible in order for it to be considered stolen. It drives me crazy. Why don't you go ask a developer about how they feel. I'm sure they'll be buying you dinner afterward too. "
Thank you. If the physical copy of a game was the expensive part, games would be much cheaper on Steam than at retail, but it would still be fucking stealing to pirate them.
trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By trace

I think sufficient case has been stated here for this being piracy, considering that Steam handles DLC installation automatically and the retail DLC boxes should have installers. That leaves me no choice but to bring up the rules.

• NO discussion of illegal activities.
    1. Use of illegal drugs and substances.  
    2. Circumvention of copy protection or security systems.  
    3. Sources and use of illegally obtained material or intellectual property (theft or piracy).

In short, if you're pirating or doing anything illegal, don't bring it up here on the forums, for crying out loud.

Discussions on the merits or reasoning behind piracy are a tired topic, but they're sometimes allowable. That said, I'm going to cap off the little discussion in here by reminding certain people that software developers have a right to be compensated for their work, even if the goods they're selling are digital and easily to replicate. It may not exist in a tangible form, but that doesn't mean it's OK to rationalize what is still bloody theft. 

I was just beaten to this point while typing it out, but I'm leaving it in, anyways. Now I'm going to click a button and lock this thread. Thank you!