how do i read the achievements screen?

LadyMarya420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By LadyMarya420

when im on the achievements section of this site, and am regularly, i can never tell who and why my gamerscore spike chart is being compared too, and i have no idea what the colours mean on the achievements bars for each game. i duely note that games im not far in seem to have an extended red section, and games i am far in have an extended orange section, but why does the game i got 100% achievements for still have that orange section? and how can i tell when im going to rank up a game from d, c, b, a, and s? who is this person im being compared to? why cant i select who im being compared to, like a friend?

anyone know? perhaps a mod is somewhere abouts who may have some inside scoops?

Garden_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Garden_Ninja
@LadyMarya420: 

I've only been using the site for a couple weeks, so some of this may be wrong, but I'll explain as I understand it.

I'm not sure about the line graph.  I thought that the Y-axis might be gamerscore, but that doesn't make sense with my own recent history.  I haven't seen any way to choose who the graph compares you against, but for me, it always seems to be Jeff.

For the bars for specific games, it's two bars.  The red bar represents the average for all GB users who have played the game.  The orange bar is your progress.  When the bars overlap, that part appears dark orange.  

Not sure if there is anywhere to see when you rank up on a game.  I clicked through a bit and didn't see anything, but it's probably documented somewhere.
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MKHavoc
@LadyMarya420:

The line graph is comparing you to a staff member.  It's always a different staff member every time you load the page.  The y-axis shows you how many achievements you got in a day and the x-axis shows what date it was. The x-axis goes from one month ago up to today.   

You get an S-Rank when a you get all of the achievements in a game.  The number of points necessary for a rank of A,B,C,or D depends on the average number of points that other users have in that game.  I don't know what they actual percentages are, but  I know you get a D when far below the average, C when you're just about at the average, B when above the average, and A when far above the average.