#1 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

Sorry, I looked at several staffers' feeds and couldn't find anything..

#2 Posted by Moncole (636 posts) -

I am also wondering. We need the server and username.

#3 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Me thinks they did not think this through.

The only way to join a specific game is to join your friend through the friends list, unless there was an update I missed.

#4 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

Man... just put on trackmania and end and hour early ...again.

#5 Posted by Hero_Swe (1124 posts) -

Well they will probrably have us join through the friends list by adding someting like GBTNT.

#6 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

No, I want to get some shazbotting skitime in with the Whiskey crew.

#7 Posted by Benny (1950 posts) -

There is an in-game friendslist, which I would 99% guarantee means you will add GBTNT and be invited to a game

#8 Posted by ThreePi (61 posts) -

I kind of hoped/assumed they'd do a Tribes TNT when they made mention of the game on the Bombcast this week. And I actually called in sick today (because I kinda did feel a bit sick this morning), so hopefully I'll get in on some of this. Kinda wondering if Norm is getting in on this, I'm sure he has the most exposure to this game via his housemates.

#9 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Benny said:

There is an in-game friendslist, which I would 99% guarantee means you will add GBTNT and be invited to a game

What he said. 

Pretty obvious if you think about it for just a second. 
Maybe the name you add will be something else since it might be someones real user. I dunno
#10 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Benny: We shall see. I tried.

#11 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

@ThreePi said:

I kind of hoped/assumed they'd do a Tribes TNT when they made mention of the game on the Bombcast this week. And I actually called in sick today (because I kinda did feel a bit sick this morning), so hopefully I'll get in on some of this. Kinda wondering if Norm is getting in on this, I'm sure he has the most exposure to this game via his housemates.

where do you work that you are working this late.

#12 Posted by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (432 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

@Benny said:

What he said. Pretty obvious if you think about it for just a second. Maybe the name you add will be something else since it might be someones real user. I dunno

Of course- this is all assuming they'll be sending invites out during the TNT at all. So for those who want to join them- it may all come down to luck of the draw in the server queue. (And that's assuming said queue doesn't send them into an already active game with only 1 player slot left- because the game doesn't have custom servers yet. :P )

#13 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@WarlockEngineerMoreDakka said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Benny said:

What he said. Pretty obvious if you think about it for just a second. Maybe the name you add will be something else since it might be someones real user. I dunno

Of course- this is all assuming they'll be sending invites out during the TNT at all. So for those who want to join them- it may all come down to luck of the draw in the server queue. (And that's assuming said queue doesn't send them into an already active game with only 1 player slot left- because the game doesn't have custom servers yet. :P )

Of course. 
#14 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@ZeForgotten: Indubitably.

#15 Posted by BisonHero (6393 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@ThreePi said:

It's entirely possible he lives in Europe (from the sounds of it, you live somewhere in North America). It's always worth keeping in mind on forums that other people can live in very different time zones from yourself.

#16 Posted by MacEG (253 posts) -

Can. Not. Wait.

#17 Posted by Hero_Swe (1124 posts) -

Well it's not GBTNT that's the username. It's not working :P

#18 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Hero_Swe: I bet if they want us to join they'll tell us when it goes live (or 10 minutes before it goes live) who to add. 

Or we can go through the list of known Whiskey Media staffers usernames :p
#19 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Hero_Swe said:

Any other obvious ideas?

#20 Edited by ThreePi (61 posts) -

@BisonHero said:

@Dagbiker said:

@ThreePi said:

It's entirely possible he lives in Europe (from the sounds of it, you live somewhere in North America). It's always worth keeping in mind on forums that other people can live in very different time zones from yourself.

Nope, I live just north of Chicago. But I work IT for a national retailer, so we generally have to be on-site until most stores close for the day. Hell, I've never even gotten to watch a TNT live. I work from home on Fridays, so I usually watch it then.

#21 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@murisan said:

@Hero_Swe said:

@ZeForgotten Any other obvious ideas?

Already stated that they might be using a different name so the obvious idea is still up there ;)
#22 Edited by MacEG (253 posts) -

@murisan: Diamond Sword Dave does not work :(

#23 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1189 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

@murisan said:

@Hero_Swe said:

Already stated that they might be using a different name so the obvious idea is still up there ;)

He means obvious ideas for their gamertags/usernames...

#24 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

@MacEG: What about CrazySnider? or HardcoreDave, Or LumberjackDave, or YoungSnide Or just Snide.

#25 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@MasturbatingestBear: He means that he already said it might be another staffer's name. I thought it would be far from obvious since GB seems to lean far from PC except for Dave, Vinny, and Alex.

#26 Posted by MattyFTM (14363 posts) -

I would assume you wait until the show starts and they'll tell you. Patience, young padawan.

#27 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

It's not Will, I tried AlwaysBeTesting.

Of course, I have a Phone interview at exactly 4PM PST, so I won't be able to join until after that's finished... a shame, too, since I've pretty much been playing Tribes every chance I have these past couple days.

#28 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@MasturbatingestBear said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@murisan said:

@Hero_Swe said:

He means obvious ideas for their gamertags/usernames...

Giantbombing, Snide, enemykite, taswell 
In case all of those guys (I think Ryan is still getting drunk) then Tested or nchan or something. I don't know. 

SmokeDawg420?
#29 Posted by katanalauncher (215 posts) -

Someone go bug Ryan on Twitter

#30 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

I would assume you wait until the show starts and they'll tell you. Patience, young padawan.

Fair enough. I just really want to get up in some Tribes with GB. I was so excited to see it as the TNT.

#31 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@rebgav: I do not know, but sign me up if you want to start one.

#32 Posted by LLJK_Jasta (292 posts) -

@murisan said:

@MattyFTM said:

Fair enough. I just really want to get up in some Tribes with GB. I was so excited to see it as the TNT.

Same. I've been following GB for years but yet to have been on a TNT. XD

#33 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1189 posts) -

@murisan said:

@MasturbatingestBear: He means that he already said it might be another staffer's name. I thought it would be far from obvious since GB seems to lean far from PC except for Dave, Vinny, and Alex.

Thats literally what I just said. Thanks!

#34 Posted by ZombieSpace (286 posts) -

holy crap you guys, i totally forgot it was thursday! i love when this happens!

#35 Posted by MacEG (253 posts) -

@rebgav: Second on that. VSAG all day.

#36 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@MasturbatingestBear: Wat? You suggested that ZeForgotten misunderstood me, but in fact he was referencing a prior post where he listed alternative "obvious" names. I was trying to point out the fact that ZeForgotten already listed other obvious possibilities AND told me so. You're most welcome.

#37 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@rebgav: Yeah, I was hoping you'd be the type. I also suck at organizing/leading.

#38 Posted by MacEG (253 posts) -

@rebgav: VVN

#39 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1189 posts) -

@murisan said:

@MasturbatingestBear: Wat? You suggested that ZeForgotten misunderstood me, but in fact he was referencing a prior post where he listed alternative "obvious" names. I was trying to point out the fact that ZeForgotten already listed other obvious possibilities AND told me so. You're most welcome.

Wait what? YOU know Diamond Dallas Page personally!?

No, thank you!

#40 Posted by LLJK_Jasta (292 posts) -

Enemykite

#41 Posted by MacEG (253 posts) -

@rebgav: Add me mayne. Name is MackieG

#42 Posted by MacEG (253 posts) -

@rebgav: Good call.