How do you play Fallout3?

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Edited By xplodedd

This is probably my problem since I never played an RPG before. But the gunplay in fallout 3 is punishing, for a game that looks like an average shooter. its pretty much like dice rolling. VATS seems like it works, but I don't really like using it, its pretty annoying. I got to the part of the garden of eden. and then I stopped, I am probably gonna play some more, but i find it punishing that there is pretty much no place for skill.
==I mean when I tracked to fallout 2 I didn't have this problem, because it didn't appear like a shooter while this one totally does.
Am i doing something wrong?
how do you play fallout3?
yeah...

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By xplodedd

This is probably my problem since I never played an RPG before. But the gunplay in fallout 3 is punishing, for a game that looks like an average shooter. its pretty much like dice rolling. VATS seems like it works, but I don't really like using it, its pretty annoying. I got to the part of the garden of eden. and then I stopped, I am probably gonna play some more, but i find it punishing that there is pretty much no place for skill.
==I mean when I tracked to fallout 2 I didn't have this problem, because it didn't appear like a shooter while this one totally does.
yeah...

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By SSbabel

Just use the hand to hand combat or a melee weapon, much more effective and accurate.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xplodedd
SSbabel said:
"Just use the hand to hand combat or a melee weapon, much more effective and accurate."
good idea, ill try that next time since i have a sledge hammer around.
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By suneku

The FPS mechanics sucks, I went through the whole game with VATs and occasionally shot with regular FPS, usually when I didn't have to move my crosshair much. But Vats and bloody mess makes killing look awesome anyways.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xplodedd
suneku said:
"The FPS mechanics sucks, I went through the whole game with VATs and occasionally shot with regular FPS, usually when I didn't have to move my crosshair much. But Vats and bloody mess makes killing look awesome anyways."
true, especially in the final acts where they just lose their heads into like 4 parts.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Emilio

did you guys have good small gun skills and quality weapons?

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar
xplodedd said:
"This is probably my problem since I never played an RPG before. But the gunplay in fallout 3 is punishing, for a game that looks like an average shooter. its pretty much like dice rolling. VATS seems like it works, but I don't really like using it, its pretty annoying. I got to the part of the garden of eden. and then I stopped, I am probably gonna play some more, but i find it punishing that there is pretty much no place for skill.
yeah..."
rolling a dice..... funny since thats how all rpgs are based. Stop trying to play it like an FPS and more like a RPG, then everything should make sense. Same damn thing last year with mass effect........
SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By SSbabel
xplodedd said:
"SSbabel said:
"Just use the hand to hand combat or a melee weapon, much more effective and accurate."
good idea, ill try that next time since i have a sledge hammer around."
Know worries man, you'll find it much more effective.
xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xplodedd
StaticFalconar said:
"xplodedd said:
"This is probably my problem since I never played an RPG before. But the gunplay in fallout 3 is punishing, for a game that looks like an average shooter. its pretty much like dice rolling. VATS seems like it works, but I don't really like using it, its pretty annoying. I got to the part of the garden of eden. and then I stopped, I am probably gonna play some more, but i find it punishing that there is pretty much no place for skill.
yeah..."
rolling a dice..... funny since thats how all rpgs are based. Stop trying to play it like an FPS and more like a RPG, then everything should make sense. Same damn thing last year with mass effect........"
yeah but mass effect seemed like an rpg, fallout 3 at its core is an rpg,
but it presents itself as a shooter. you get what im saying?
samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By samcotts

I seem to be one of the few who really enjoys the shooting in Fallout 3.

Dark_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Dark_Shadow
samcotts said:
"I seem to be one of the few who really enjoys the shooting in Fallout 3."

And me.