• 104 results
#1 Posted by FunkSausage (55 posts) -

It's not the same as meeting the 1000 pt wiki requirement, right? That's just for bypassing moderation?

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Since you asked you will not become one. They are picked when new ones are needed. People who contribute to the site in both wiki and posts are normally picked. 

#3 Posted by SMTDante89 (2563 posts) -

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

#4 Posted by Sweep (8841 posts) -

You gotta pick the red pill.  

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10894 posts) -
@Sweep: Lies! He's just saying that you throw you off the track! It's the BLUE pill! Just like in Pokemon, always be Blue!
#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@Sweep: 

But you need to take both if you want to cure your cough. You take one in the morning, and one at night.
#7 Posted by Gabriel (4061 posts) -

What does god need with a starship?

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19325 posts) -

By killing one and taking his place.

#9 Posted by ajamafalous (11957 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" Just like in Pokemon, always be Blue! "
Incorrect.
#10 Posted by FunkSausage (55 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: You don't have to be a jerk about it.
#11 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10894 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:
Incorrect. "
All I know is that in Pokemon, water beats fire, and Blue is the color of water, and red is the color of fire. Do the math! 
#12 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Human sacrifice.

#13 Edited by jakob187 (21663 posts) -

All lies. 

You have to take about ten of these.  If you wake up, you're on the roster.  An extensive knowledge of alkaloids containing psychotropic substanced unilateral agents helps as well.

#14 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

You forfeit your eligibility when you ask. 

I just made that rule up.
#15 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10894 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" You forfeit your eligibility when you ask.  I just made that rule up. "
I bet it's true though. That's why I've never asked. 
#16 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

Only one person really knows how to become a mod. 

#17 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@FunkSausage said:
" @The_Laughing_Man: You don't have to be a jerk about it. "
How was I a jerk? It says some where " If you ask to be a mod you wont be one" 
#18 Posted by august (3836 posts) -
@FunkSausage said:

Anyone interested enough in mod powers to ask about becoming a mod shouldn't be given those powers. It's been a rule on multiple boards I've posted on.
#19 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@Sweep:  red pill
#20 Posted by Harbinger_Of_Hippos (224 posts) -

You have to kill one of the current mods and drink their blood to gain their abilities. It's a self-policing system, because if you can kill one, that means you are more powerful and therefore more worthy of mod privileges. Beware though, they are very powerful. Especially the one known as Sweep. That hamburger picture creeps me right the fuck out...

#21 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

its like highlander , you behead one and through a quickining you gain mod powers

#22 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@Sweep: 
which one did you choose sweep?
#23 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3782 posts) -

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

#24 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3141 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" @Axxol said:
I bet it's true though. That's why I've never asked.  "
But mentioning wanting to ask might have shut you out.
#25 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:
Incorrect. "

This man speaks the truth. Red, always.
#26 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10894 posts) -
@birdflu777 said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:
" @Axxol said:
But mentioning wanting to ask might have shut you out. "
Now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said I wanted to ask. I've never asked because I don't want to be a mod. I'm too much of a loose cannon. I'd be closing down stuff that shouldn't be closed, allowing stuff to exist that shouldn't...I'd be a menace to society! AHAHAHAHAHA! 
#27 Edited by Gamer_152 (14070 posts) -

They pick new mods when they need new mods. The only way you can really improve your chances is to become a civil, active, and highly regarded member of the community. Even then your chances won't be that high.

#28 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -
@august said:
" @FunkSausage said:

Anyone interested enough in mod powers to ask about becoming a mod shouldn't be given those powers. It's been a rule on multiple boards I've posted on. "
That's more to stop the onslaught of people begging to become a mod than anything. Showing an interest in being useful to the community SHOULD be a good thing, but most people just assume "oh that asshole just wants to ban someone who made him butthurt."
If you want to be a mod, just be a big part of the community, and when they need a new mod, they might consider you. You can't really apply to the job, but if your a good choice, your a good choice. The more you do to help the community, the bigger a part of the community you are, the more likely a candidate you will be. Asking to be a Mod is a no-no, but asking how mods came to be mods needs to stop being a taboo, especially by mods. At the end of the day, you'll only become a mod by putting a shit ton of hard work into the community, and chances are, you won't be one. But focus on being a part of the community, not on becoming a mod. Either way, you will be in a rewarding, and powerful position. There are plenty of non-mods around the site that hold their own and have a pretty significant presence, and it's because they are badass motherfuckers. So, be a bad ass motherfucker. Maybe you'll be a mod, maybe you won't, but at least people will know your name.
#29 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

To begin the process of becoming a mod you must first take off your pants, the rest just happens.

#30 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

You must trade all the happiest moments of your future for the privilege just like any other mod.

#31 Posted by StarFoxA (5146 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan: You kidding me? Red means fire, which is waaaay better than water.
#32 Posted by artofwar420 (6284 posts) -
@Sweep said:
" You gotta pick the red pill.  

"

WAT
#33 Posted by K9 (621 posts) -

Why do people even want to become mods? 

Being a mod is akin to being a janitor. Lock some threads, sticky other threads, scold users for not following the rules, you know, keep the garbage out of the forums. 

The only difference between janitors and mods is that at least janitors get paid. Mods are basically slave labor janitors. 

I don't want to use my free time being a janitor at some online forum. Nor should anyone else strive to be one.

#34 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11619 posts) -

To become a mod, one must journey to the sacred mountain of whiskey media and wrestle a deer. Naked. But remember. Mods are not made. They are chosen.

#35 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -

A piece of junk food you send into the office has to be the one to put Ryan into cardiac arrest. That's how all the other mods were chosen.

#36 Posted by Sweep (8841 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
"The only way you can really improve your chances is to become a civil, active, and highly regarded member of the community."

Oh man, laughing so fucking much right now XD
#37 Posted by moelarrycurly (668 posts) -
@Sweep said:
" @Gamer_152 said:
"The only way you can really improve your chances is to become a civil, active, and highly regarded member of the community."
 Oh man, laughing so fucking much right now XD "
... or you could be Sweep.
#38 Posted by jakob187 (21663 posts) -
@Sweep said:
" @Gamer_152 said:
BANNED!
#39 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

More sexual favors then you will care to remember.

#40 Posted by Sweep (8841 posts) -
@jakob187: Don't tempt me ;)
#41 Posted by Gamer_152 (14070 posts) -
@moelarrycurly said:
" @Sweep said:
" @Gamer_152 said:
... or you could be Sweep. "
Addendum: Or be a sentient hamburger who has taught itself to use a computer.
#42 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@K9 said:
" Why do people even want to become mods?   Being a mod is akin to being a janitor. Lock some threads, sticky other threads, scold users for not following the rules, you know, keep the garbage out of the forums.   The only difference between janitors and mods is that at least janitors get paid. Mods are basically slave labor janitors.   I don't want to use my free time being a janitor at some online forum. Nor should anyone else strive to be one. "
Being a mod on a website is enjoyable, have you ever done it?
#43 Posted by jakob187 (21663 posts) -
@Sweep said:
" @jakob187: Don't tempt me ;) "
You can't ban yourself.  Can you?  o.O  Seriously, CAN you ban yourself?  Would that, like, cause a nuclear meltdown? 

Mmmm....cheesy hamburger melt.  Now I'm hungry, you beautiful English bastard!  THANKS A LOT!!!
#44 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" @Sweep said:
" @jakob187: Don't tempt me ;) "
You can't ban yourself.  Can you?  o.O  Seriously, CAN you ban yourself?  Would that, like, cause a nuclear meltdown?  Mmmm....cheesy hamburger melt.  Now I'm hungry, you beautiful English bastard!  THANKS A LOT!!! "
When I was a mod on another forum, I accidentally banned myself and it did indeed cause a nuclear meltdown. Although if sweep were to do it... now I'm hungry too.
#45 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

Hmmm, the Hamburger mod has blessed this thread!  +1 Vitality.

#46 Posted by jakob187 (21663 posts) -
@CL60: I know, right?  I just finished eating a French Bread Pizza.  It was nowhere near as tasty as a melty-cheesed hamburger.  *le sigh*
#47 Posted by BigLemon (1022 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" @Axxol said:
You just indirectly asked. 

OR DID I JUST BLOW YOUR MIND?!
#48 Edited by LeetBalla (698 posts) -

Why would anyone want to be a mod? 

#49 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

No no,wait,i have it.
You have to travel to the ancient and forgotten mountains of Karakdul. Deep beneath these mountains you must defeat the endless hoards of dark dwarf warriors. Finally,after destroying the dwarf horde you must take an even more dangerous journey to the center of earth where you must battle Chuck Norris....only after cutting off the fabled beard of Chuck Norris and bringing it back to the secret Giantbomb HQ can you be considered a candidate for a moderator.  All you have to do then is prove that you are a mature,well mannered and an individual without an ,,inner troll''. The last phase of the journey to becoming a moderator is the most tempting and difficult.
Note:Hot chicks need only prove that they are hot chicks to become moderators...true story.

#50 Posted by Undeadpool (4923 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" @Sweep: Lies! He's just saying that you throw you off the track! It's the BLUE pill! Just like in Pokemon, always be Blue! "
Blue lacks Scyther, your argument is invalid!