#1 Edited by kcwsk8 (66 posts) -

What are all the things you can do here, besides read reviews and talk on forums? Can you be banned or suspended? Whats the whole points thing? How do people have colored names? Sorry for all the questions, im just curious. Also are there moderators here?

#2 Posted by Aska (423 posts) -

My understanding it that you get points for any contributions to make to the site, not forum posts but actual contributions to the "wiki" type part of the site.

The only thing I know about points is that getting 1000 let's you bypass moderation so you don't have to wait for your contributions to get submitted.

#3 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

Check out the video on the frontpage

#4 Posted by Karmum (11516 posts) -

It seems so far there is only one moderator -- CitizenKane. And I would assume you can get banned or suspended.

#5 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -
Karmum said:
"It seems so far there is only one moderator -- CitizenKane. And I would assume you can get banned or suspended.
"
I'd say that would be pretty difficult without forum rules. I just watched Citizen Kane last night :D
#6 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

yea how did kane get on at the exact time the site went live

#7 Posted by c_rakestraw (817 posts) -

You can change the color of you're username by changing your alignment. Each alignment has a different color, Microsoft is green, Nintendo is red, Sony is blue, and I think someone said PC is orange.

#8 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Points a i believe are awarded for editing the Wiki sections of the website. You can basically edit, improve and add sections to the site relating to games. So if a game is missing information about a specific character then you could add that character and their details to the website.

GiantBomb to me basically is a wiki dedicated to games and community relatded interaction. It's like a big mass of information in one place, awesome idea for a website in my opinion.

#9 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

I believe they will patch in more ways to earn points...somewhere along the line