How I wait for RE5 + Fire Emblem Impressions

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Edited By ArbitraryWater

Since RE5 is coming out in less than two weeks (and less than one week before everything is leaked on the internet courtesy of Japan) I have been needing to find an adequate distraction to fill my free time. What is it called? Warcraft III. I hadn't played it in about 2 years, but with both my newfound knowledge of networking (thanks to school) and Blizzard's patches that allow you to play without the disk some of my friends and I have networked 4 PCs together and have been playing it over a LAN. That game is good. Sure, some purists and the entire population of South Korea may say that Starcraft is the superior game, but I prefer Warcraft for the Hero mechanic as well as the small squad focus that permeates how you build your army, which are the opposite of starcraft despite them both being similar games mechanically.
Admittedly, neither I nor my friends are very good at the game, but I win the most because I understand how the units work as well as some basic strategic theory that perhaps some of my friends have yet to completley grasp. For Example: If my friend spams turrets then I use my storm riders' cloud ability to shut them down, which leaves them open to siege weapons (I usually play as humans or undead because i'm pretty crappy with orcs and night elves just kind of suck). However, we probably won't play tomorrow or monday (we have school off on monday because the trimester ended on friday) because of how much we have been playing recently. Also, one of my friends pre-ordered Halo Wars and since that comes out on monday... In Short: Warcraft III = Better than I remember, especially against my friends.

As forFire Emblem... I like it. It's far better than the somewhat lackluster Raidiant Dawn, whichis stupid hard in the first part but becomes progressivley easier the farther you get in the game. Unlike that game, It is more simple and closer to the GBA games than the SNES ones, and the gameplay is solid enough. However, what really annoys me is the lack of ambition in the game even though it's a remake. The Dialoge is simplistic and the story is shallow, and roughly 3 characters share the majority of all the talking in the game. That and no support conversations make it seem like Intellegent Systems got lazy and minimalist on this game, and the Class Swap Mechanic is nice and gimmicky, but I rarely use it. Nonetheless, one of the better games on the DS in a long while.

Wow, that was a long one. I hope someone actually bothers to read it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#1  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Since RE5 is coming out in less than two weeks (and less than one week before everything is leaked on the internet courtesy of Japan) I have been needing to find an adequate distraction to fill my free time. What is it called? Warcraft III. I hadn't played it in about 2 years, but with both my newfound knowledge of networking (thanks to school) and Blizzard's patches that allow you to play without the disk some of my friends and I have networked 4 PCs together and have been playing it over a LAN. That game is good. Sure, some purists and the entire population of South Korea may say that Starcraft is the superior game, but I prefer Warcraft for the Hero mechanic as well as the small squad focus that permeates how you build your army, which are the opposite of starcraft despite them both being similar games mechanically.
Admittedly, neither I nor my friends are very good at the game, but I win the most because I understand how the units work as well as some basic strategic theory that perhaps some of my friends have yet to completley grasp. For Example: If my friend spams turrets then I use my storm riders' cloud ability to shut them down, which leaves them open to siege weapons (I usually play as humans or undead because i'm pretty crappy with orcs and night elves just kind of suck). However, we probably won't play tomorrow or monday (we have school off on monday because the trimester ended on friday) because of how much we have been playing recently. Also, one of my friends pre-ordered Halo Wars and since that comes out on monday... In Short: Warcraft III = Better than I remember, especially against my friends.

As forFire Emblem... I like it. It's far better than the somewhat lackluster Raidiant Dawn, whichis stupid hard in the first part but becomes progressivley easier the farther you get in the game. Unlike that game, It is more simple and closer to the GBA games than the SNES ones, and the gameplay is solid enough. However, what really annoys me is the lack of ambition in the game even though it's a remake. The Dialoge is simplistic and the story is shallow, and roughly 3 characters share the majority of all the talking in the game. That and no support conversations make it seem like Intellegent Systems got lazy and minimalist on this game, and the Class Swap Mechanic is nice and gimmicky, but I rarely use it. Nonetheless, one of the better games on the DS in a long while.

Wow, that was a long one. I hope someone actually bothers to read it.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman
"Wow, that was a long one. I hope someone actually bothers to read it."

I did. Fire Emblem is coo. I like it. Haven't played that one though.

Hey what game should I play right now? I cant decide. The options are:
  1. God of War: Chains of Olympus
  2. Rock Band 2
  3. Chrono Trigger (DS)
I haven't finished God of War or Chrono trigger. I just like Rock Band a lot.

Help me decide ArbitraryWater, you're my only hope! 

**EDIT: I'm not sure ArbitraryWater is online anymore so if anyone wants to pitch in on what game I should play, please go for it.**
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

OK, since nobody wants to answer me... I'm gonna wait for you ArbitraryWater, to tell me which game I should play. i won't play any until then. Send me a PM or somethin.