HOW IS IT NOT WEIRDER TO DRINK MILK OUT OF A COW!

• 101 results
posh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

It's weird to drink milk, period. I have no idea why it became socially accepted.

yeah, this. I still drink milk but i recognise that milk shouldn't be consumed unless you're a baby. and the whole meat argument is dumb. the implications are not the same at all. a human doesn't have to be dead for you to drink its breast milk

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@red12b said:

@mcghee said:

How is it weirder to eat human than eat cow? I mean people die every day. Think of all that succulent meat going to waste.

Why is this the argument? meat is different, milk is produced to feed the young, are you saying that you'd rather suck the tit of a cow than suck the tit of a woman to get that milk?

(yeah, let that image burn in your head for a minute)

and,,

i'd eat a human steak, if it were sourced from free range corn fed human...

I like my humans plump full of more then just corn as it gives the meat a little more flavor from what they were eating.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

What about soy milk, anybody? SOY MILK? Come on, that's pretty weird right?

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By butano

Because I know that the cow's diet was limited to basically grass, water, and feed processed Star Trek style. And that the milk had been purified and processed by FDA standards.

I have no clue what that woman was eating, nor what her lifestyle was like. Smoker? Diabetic? HIV positive? Fuck that shit!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

What about soy milk, anybody? SOY MILK? Come on, that's pretty weird right?

Bitches drink soy.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@mattyftm:I really like the mental image of adult bovines suckling on another's teets.

You should see someone about that.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

When was the last time you tittyfucked a cow?

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red12b said:

I mean, c'mon, human breast milk is designed for... humans,

Inter species milk drinking, how is that not weirder than drinking your own species breast milk?

This is like asking why eating humans is weird when we eat the flesh of other species all the time. In modern western civilization consuming any human product or by-product for that matter is seen as extremely taboo (with the sole exception being babies and a mother's breast milk).

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Well, truth be told very few people have ever drink milk from a cow...I mean FROM a cow. Humans tend to shit and piss on themselves less, and human woman tend to shit & piss less on their mammaries...well, except for this one girl at band camp...

You have no lived until you have seen a Holstein-Friesians cow piss a gallon of urine down it legs onto its utters and then drop 25 lbs of hot steaming manure right on top. Then you milk her...after you wipe 'most of it' off as best you can...can't take much time to do that though because there are 500 more cows to milk.

I'm all for milk, and I have nothing against milk. But, it is good to remember a cow is like a 700 lb person...both can eat, drink, waddled around, piss and shit... but neither is all too dainty about it.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Human milk has a lot of fat in it. Fat, as you can probably guess, isn't good for us later in life.

Cow milk has a lot of protein in it. Protein, as you can probably guess, is good for us all the time.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When was the last time you tittyfucked a cow?

you haven't?

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By myke_tuna

I drank cow milk that was straight from the source (from the bucket) after it was boiled. Tasted heavier, but it was fine. I also drank goat milk before. Tastes a bit different, but I had cereal with it, so eh. This was all on my grandfather's farm down in Mexico by the way. Organic as fuck.

Anyway, I subscribe to @mattyftm 's way of thinking and say it makes sense human adults don't crave breast milk because their children wouldn't have anything else to eat. That said, I would totally have human breast milk if it was purified and regulated properly. It does seem odd that we drink cow's milk when you think about it.

DeadDorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@chavtheworld: Chicken periods, actually. The eggs are not fertilized.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By oraknabo

Adult humans drinking any kind of milk is gross.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Well fuck, now somebody is going to bring a cow to PAX Prime.

Do you see what you have done, OP? DO YOU?

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By beforet

Is human milk drinking weird? Yeah, it is. I wouldn't exactly consider it some crazy taboo subject though. Ryan drank some human milk; chalk it up as another crazy bombcast moment.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well fuck, now somebody is going to bring a cow to PAX Prime.

Do you see what you have done, OP? DO YOU?

escalation... My job is done

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humans are just weird. It's already weird that humans drink any sort of milk after they're a couple years old.

embryonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By embryonic

This reminds me of an episode of The Ricky Gervais Show where he mentioned that one of his friends received a rice pudding made from his neighbour's breast milk as a house warming gift.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see what's so crazy about drinking breast milk. I'm watching the PAX panel now and their reactions just seem dumb and silly. The crazy part is Ryan had to be bribed to do it. Hell, I'd do it for free just to try it.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I agree.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can understand how people think it's weird, and I kind of agree, but that's mainly because of social conditioning. If you think about it, it would make way more sense to drink milk from humans designed for humans rather than that of some other random animal. I tend not to think about this stuff, but when I do, that is what I think.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#73  Edited By Enigma777

@mcghee said:

How is it weirder to eat human than eat cow? I mean people die every day. Think of all that succulent meat going to waste.

Damn, now I want some BBQ...

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@topsteer said:

I don't see what's so crazy about drinking breast milk. I'm watching the PAX panel now and their reactions just seem dumb and silly. The crazy part is Ryan had to be bribed to do it. Hell, I'd do it for free just to try it.

I'd like to believe that's mostly just for show. While not on the scale of this situation of Ryan being in front of a huge crowd and being streamed on the internet, I have purposely exaggerated my reaction to certain things (actions, smells, food, etc) in front of my friends/family/colleagues just to get a laugh out of everyone.

I personally would've found it weirder if the bottle had been for the purpose of a member of the crowd asking for some of Ryan's urine like someone said originally, rather than the end product as a container of human breast milk.

9999dmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally think milk, in general, is for children and that is fine. I drink either almond milk or rice milk. Although I like the taste, it weirds me out to drink cow milk these days, it's made for their cows.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Patman99
@mattyftm said:
@humanity said:

@mattyftm: While I applaud you for putting so much thought into that argument which holds up really well, but you're not seriously going to tell me the reason adults aren't drinking breast milk in current day is because we think it's wasteful.

No, I'm saying adults don't drink breast milk because we're hard-wired by evolution to not want to drink breast milk because that milk is required by babies, and to drink it may deprive babies of milk. We're not consciously thinking that, it's just instinct.

I think you have a very general and possibly too simple of an answer. The whole "it's hard-wired into our brain because of hundreds of thousands of years (millions if you count outside of our species) of evolution" is a bit too simple. Social norms exist for objectives that do not necessarily work towards self-preservation. I would argue that in addition to your hypothesis, the taboo on drinking human breast milk also stems from the fact that we view milk as a product. As such, I think it is unsettling for people to think that a product for consumption comes from a human being. I mean, if we were to drink human milk, there would have to be people whose sole job is to produce milk. That could be something that is seen as exploitative or something like that.

While you could argue a whole bunch of different reasons or try to connect them all, I think it's safe to say that social norms are very complex and do not necessarily stem from only an evolutionary perspective. It would be interesting to see if the taboo against human milk is a global thing. I would suspect not. In saying that, I do not think that every culture drinks milk as regularly as the West does.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By BlatantNinja23

@chavtheworld: nah, unfertilized eggs just contain what the embryo would have fed on :)

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not weirder. Now, drinking directly from the breast, THAT would be weirder.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#79 MattyFTM  Moderator

@patman99 said:
@mattyftm said:
@humanity said:

@mattyftm: While I applaud you for putting so much thought into that argument which holds up really well, but you're not seriously going to tell me the reason adults aren't drinking breast milk in current day is because we think it's wasteful.

No, I'm saying adults don't drink breast milk because we're hard-wired by evolution to not want to drink breast milk because that milk is required by babies, and to drink it may deprive babies of milk. We're not consciously thinking that, it's just instinct.

I think you have a very general and possibly too simple of an answer. The whole "it's hard-wired into our brain because of hundreds of thousands of years (millions if you count outside of our species) of evolution" is a bit too simple. Social norms exist for objectives that do not necessarily work towards self-preservation. I would argue that in addition to your hypothesis, the taboo on drinking human breast milk also stems from the fact that we view milk as a product. As such, I think it is unsettling for people to think that a product for consumption comes from a human being. I mean, if we were to drink human milk, there would have to be people whose sole job is to produce milk. That could be something that is seen as exploitative or something like that.

While you could argue a whole bunch of different reasons or try to connect them all, I think it's safe to say that social norms are very complex and do not necessarily stem from only an evolutionary perspective. It would be interesting to see if the taboo against human milk is a global thing. I would suspect not. In saying that, I do not think that every culture drinks milk as regularly as the West does.

Yeah, I was looking at one possible angle, from the evolutionary biology standpoint. There are certainly other angles to come from. As I said before, anthropology isn't a subject I'm particularly knowledgeable on, so I was sticking to what I know and looking at it from that angle. Social norms are a hugely complex issue.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming this is a question relative to the PAX panel, think of it this way. Cow milk has been sanctioned, tested, and you pretty much know what's in it, and what it is. If a stranger comes up to you and says "Yeah drink this breast mlk honestly it's ok", I think you'd be fucking stupid to try it. Who knows what's in it.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By fetchfox

I love me some cold milk. The pasteurization and such doesn't hurt as well.

But yeah, it's little weird. Whatever, we eat a lot of funky shit. This is far from the top.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By RandomHero666

How is it not weird to eat eggs, you are effectively eating chicken foetuses.

chicken periods actually.
I'm not sure if I made it better or not

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deathstriker666

@blatantninja23 said:

@chavtheworld: nah, unfertilized eggs just contain what the embryo would have fed on :)

Common misconception actually. Yolk is the embryo and parthenogenesis can occur in eggs from chickens. Though it is very rare and most of them die very early after hatching. Commercial eggs are plucked early and kept cooled till they are ready to be used so the fetus can't develop. It's another reason why Vegans don't eat eggs.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, the eggs you eat are unfertilised. So you are eating their period.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Uhm guys. You realise that cowmilk is massproduced by in some cases fairly unethical means? The biggest single reason we aren't just sharing breast milk all around, aside from the fact that we should probably save our supplies for actual babies, is because we can't. We can't just milk women all day long to provide people with milk FOR VERY OBVIOUS REASONS. So we drink cowmilk instead. Because it's basically the same, but way more accessible.

I don't think drinking breastmilk is weird at all. It's just pointless.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#87  Edited By Bollard

@sploder said:

@chavtheworld said:

Nah, the eggs you eat are unfertilised. So you are eating their period.

@chavtheworld said:

chicken periods actually.

I'm not sure if I made it better or not

May I redirect you to the response below, although you are right, chicken periods aren't much better :P

@blatantninja23 said:

Common misconception actually. Yolk is the embryo and parthenogenesis can occur in eggs from chickens. Though it is very rare and most of them die very early after hatching. Commercial eggs are plucked early and kept cooled till they are ready to be used so the fetus can't develop. It's another reason why Vegans don't eat eggs.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm occasionally aroused by cartoons. Milk is low on my list of things I really need to focus on. I just drink it.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tehbull said:

I'm occasionally aroused by cartoons.

K... that's uh... yep

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel that this is long overdue for this topic.

No Caption Provided

I've been thinking about this ever since I first read that comic so many years ago.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@blatantninja23 said:

Well, not really correct. The yolk is the source of food for the embryo and contains all the fat in the egg. The small white spot on the OUTSIDE of the yolk call the germinal disc is where the female's genetic material is found. Yoke is just yoke, only the germinal disc is genetic material.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

What if it was made in a lab, but it had the exact same chemicals in it? Would it be acceptable then?

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By deathstriker666

@monkeyking1969 said:

Well, not really correct. The yolk is the source of food for the embryo and contains all the fat in the egg. The small white spot on the OUTSIDE of the yolk call the germinal disc is where the female's genetic material is found. Yoke is just yoke, only the germinal disc is genetic material.

Ah, now that makes alot more sense. I always wondered how bird eggs were able to survive outside the womb. I don't think anyone ever explained to me what the germinal disc was. Didn't realise chicken eggs were so different to ovums.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, cow milk is pretty gross when you really think about it. So are eggs and lots of other stuff. Especially when you factor in things like how the animals are cared for and the blood and other contaminates that get into milk and are "acceptable amounts" with regard to how the animals are treated.

However, human breast milk is gross because it's gross. By gross, I mean, it literally tastes kind of gross. Trust me on this one. When I was a teenager, I was seeing the mom of a two year old and . . . well, I'll just confirm that it isn't as gross as tomatoes but it isn't an appealing taste.

It's also mentally gross, because breast milk means motherhood and children and children are gross and creepy.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Branthog

So, this exists.

http://www.onlythebreast.com/

No Caption Provided

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Stimpack

@dagbiker said:

I would drink human breast milk, only if i had a picture of the woman whos breast it came from.

Order up!
Order up!

It's "whose", by the way. I'm just spreading that knowledge!

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Branthog

Only on GB do you get an image of a creature with like 800 breasts and a grammatical reminder.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@branthog said:

Only on GB do you get an image of a creature with like 800 breasts and a grammatical reminder.

800 Breasted Grammar Nazis is the name of my new German Sex Dungeon.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Snail

@branthog: I'm fairly certain serious diseases including HIV can be transmitted via breast milk, so not only is that incredibly fucked up, it is also extremely unwise.

Unless they verify and background check the women who provide the breast milk?

I want to stop thinking about this. I hate this thread.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#100  Edited By jakob187

@mattyftm: We don't eat human meat because it's considered a taboo ideal, because we believe ourselves to be civilized and above something like that. There are plenty of species in the animal kingdom that practice cannibalism as a means of survival. The difference for us compared to them is that we can survive without eating each other (at least right now) because many of our civilizations are advanced to the point of slaughtering other forms of life to provide ourselves with sustenance.

I mean, I only wrote the page for cannibalism on Screened back in the day. O_____O

Either way, the idea of drinking breast milk is not gross at all. It's milk. Show of hands: how many of you have drank milk before? Cool, then you can drink breast milk because it's honestly not much different at all.

If anything, it just tastes like whole milk with a small bit of Similac.

For any of you who are planning on having kids...and your wife plans on breastfeeding, you will learn very quickly about the taste of breast milk.

You people need to grow some fucking balls.

@butano: Yes, the FDA knows whats best for Americans. They aren't responsible for the mass production and inclusion of high fructose corn syrup, pink slime (ammoniated beef), and other forms of fucked-up shit in marketplaces at all. = /