#1 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

I want to know if there are any other lurkers out there. I've Been on Giant Bomb since late 09 and I never post on here or the wiki, I'm a lurker by heart. But besides me, how long have many of you guys been here and still go on at least once every month or two.

#2 Edited by Flacracker (1386 posts) -

Before it was launched and was just a blog.

#3 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

@Flacracker said:

Before it was launched and just a blog.

You are a superior lurker to me, You deserve a song.

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12389 posts) -

@Flacracker said:

what he said

#5 Posted by natetodamax (19136 posts) -

Since the site launched!

#6 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

When Tested launched, since I found about Giant Bomb from Tested, after i followed Will and Norm from Maximum PC.

#7 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Little under a year.

#8 Posted by me3639 (1607 posts) -

@AjayRaz said:

@Flacracker said:

what he said

Ditto.

#9 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -

Since late last year when I moved to Alaska and was thusly bored out of my fucking skull.

#10 Posted by envane (1156 posts) -

since the beginning and only really started babbling recently :P

#11 Posted by Nightriff (4335 posts) -

Last July, I feel like I've missed so much and was super late to the party.

#12 Posted by ajamafalous (11591 posts) -

Arrow Pointing Down

#13 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

I remember seeing it launch but I didn't make an actual account until like a month in I think. Damn it's been a while.

#14 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

So I looked back at my blog, my first blog was December the 14th 2008, which you can find here. But after that blog I forgot about the site and went away, when I got fed up with Gamespot I went back to Giant Bomb on December the 7th 2010. So almost two years, after the 7th I pretty much started again, so I would say the 2008 thing doesn't really count.

#15 Posted by Grillbar (1772 posts) -

dont really know how long around the time the second arrow pointing down was up. so almost at the beginning

@Nightriff said:

rather late to the party then never showing up. to be honest im kinda envious since you can go back and watch all the freaking awesome vids they made, and listen to all the podcasts without having any memory of it

#16 Posted by mano521 (1202 posts) -

i dunno. i guess about 3 years ago. Not sure when the site was made.

#17 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

I joined as soon as I discovered the site around October 2010

#18 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1400 posts) -

Since Day One and been following since the Arrow Pointing Down podcasts.

#19 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1853 posts) -

A day after the site launched. I was super pumped Jeff was back in the game. I wish they'd do more video things, those were the best.

#20 Posted by Nightriff (4335 posts) -

@Grillbar said:

@Nightriff said:

rather late to the party then never showing up. to be honest im kinda envious since you can go back and watch all the freaking awesome vids they made, and listen to all the podcasts without having any memory of it

Bitter sweet. Currently watching the P4ER and I love it but I do kinda wish it was live and something to look foreword to every day. I kinda experienced it with the Chrono Trigger one but that was...bad. Compared to DP and P4 (plus the combination of VJ) it was terrible.

I am glad I stumbled upon GB and it really has changed my view on Video Games. I even wrote a blog about my first year with the site but I look at the 3 years I wasn't around and looked at missed opportunities. All the games I missed and now have to catch up on because I was an elitist gamer and only played "9.0 and up games," all the live streams that it is almost impossible to go back and watch them all, and a community that is just as passionate about games like I am. 3 years wasted on fuckin IGN. But I made the transition.

#21 Posted by Lost_Remnant (68 posts) -

I was aware of giantbomb when it was just a blog and not an actual website yet. I stopped visiting game sites in general about mid-07 for reasons I cannot remember. Visited Giantbomb a few times in that period until I came to this site on a more regular basis in December of 09. Lurked for about a year, made a few posts but never sort of never posted again but still went to the site at least every day. I have only started posting again recently. Slowly getting out of my lurking days by being burnt out on the whole forum thing for a long time.

#22 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

#23 Posted by Novis (90 posts) -

Been around since the beginning, lurking only though. About the time for the first Big Big Live show, I became a member. A few months later, became a supporter. Loved the P4 Endurance run. Looked forward to it everyday after work.

#24 Posted by dungbootle (2453 posts) -

2 years I think

#25 Posted by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -

My first post was 3 years and 2 months ago, but I'm pretty sure I had found the site earlier and just hadn't signed up yet. I'll say sometime around 3-3+1/2 years.

#26 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Since the beginning, pretty much. After all of the Gamespot stuff, I heard about Jeff and found out what the guys were doing and looked into it, and then I started following the site. Didn't sign up for a bit but it wasn't too terribly long until started talking on the forums and stuff.

#27 Edited by C_Rakestraw (803 posts) -

Since day one. Not nearly as active around here as I'd like to be, though, 'specially on the wiki.

#28 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (601 posts) -

followed Jeff's blog then the Arrow Pointing Down podcast from Ryan and Jeff, then the site launch on.

#29 Posted by illmatic19 (964 posts) -

July 2009. I knew who the guys were due to their previous stint at Gamespot. I think it was Garnett Lee who recommended the Bombcast on an episode of Listen Up.

#30 Posted by JJOR64 (18782 posts) -

I've know about the site since the beginning, but I didn't join till Aug. 08.

#31 Posted by Brendan (7510 posts) -

Since the Arrow Pointing Down blog.

#32 Posted by LiquidPrince (15601 posts) -

@Flacracker said:

Before it was launched and was just a blog.

This.

#33 Posted by Gruff182 (847 posts) -

I left Gamespot with Jeff. (not literally)

#34 Posted by Grimhild (719 posts) -

I'd been visiting since following Jeff after GS, but never registered because I wasn't really motivated enough to actually post anything...

Until I was reading the "Metal music fitting for Skyrim" thread and nobody had mentioned Finntroll yet, which is criminal. :P

#35 Posted by HadesTimes (793 posts) -

As long as it's been a website.

#36 Posted by Xymox (2024 posts) -

Pre-launch. I seem to remember some behind the scenes stuff, and you could comment on them... I also seem to remember the site used to use Gravatar...? Anyone remember that too or did I dream it?

#37 Posted by Dick_Mohawk (367 posts) -

I found it not long after the site was launched back in 08, although didn't register until later. (Basically following the guys from Gamespot)

They had some real quirky gameplay vids which haven't been around for a while. One was a female detective FMV game with sexy female vampires I think (had nudity... woo hoo) and one was a bat shit crazy FMV game. They should re-post both of those.

#38 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

GB's the only time I've ever pre-ordered a username.

#39 Posted by AmatureIdiot (980 posts) -

Since Mid 2010 I think, I remember I was around the time when the DP endurance run was ending. Been a member for almost exactly a year.

#40 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2446 posts) -

4 awesome years!

#41 Posted by Hunter5024 (5165 posts) -

I have been following them as long as there has been a Giantbomb to follow. Came from Gamespot. Though I only started posting in the last 6 months or so.

#42 Posted by CaLe (3678 posts) -

My sign-up number is 534 so pretty much the moment the site launched.

#43 Posted by Sweep (8539 posts) -

Since the Hotspot. Then Arrow Pointing Down. Then the Blog. Then Day 01 of Giant Bomb. We have a pretty awesome heritage here on this site.

#44 Posted by face15 (1244 posts) -

Joined Novemeber 29, 2009, but I'd been lurking for a couple of months before that.

#45 Posted by _Chad (956 posts) -

I joined last november when I stumbled upon the Chrono Trigger endurance run and became a premium member in may. I had heard of the site probably back in 09 but never got around to giving it a shot.

#46 Posted by Pathos (195 posts) -

@Sweep said:

Since the Hotspot. Then Arrow Pointing Down. Then the Blog. Then Day 01 of Giant Bomb. We have a pretty awesome heritage here on this site.

Pretty much the same. :P

#47 Posted by phrosnite (3517 posts) -

Date Joined: Oct. 4, 2008

#48 Posted by Zajtalan (1153 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

Arrow Pointing Down
#49 Posted by leebmx (1853 posts) -

Joined in '10 but have been around on the site since '09. I watched the Kane and Lynch review on Gamespot and after reading the comments went over to check out GB - like what I saw and stayed here. Its about the only gaming site on the internet which manages to avoid being a marketing tool for the games industry and who's opinion I can trust.

Oh...and they make me laugh as well....

#50 Edited by Zaccheus (1770 posts) -

Maybe 4 years. I wish there was a way to find out for sure. I heard about the Bombcast from another podcast just after E3 and got sucked in. My favorite website ever since.