How many broken consoles have you had to replace?

• 104 results
Nergrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Nergrim

The only one that has died on me was my launch PS2 that lasted 9 years.

He was a champ

hyperfludd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By hyperfludd

None, my Wii is on it's lifeline though.

Thank god the Wii U is coming soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My launch Xbox 360 red ringed on me 3 times. Then it was stolen, so I bought a PS3 instead, which is fortunately still functioning well after a year of use.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Dezztroy

I've had to replace 3 360s. What's interesting is that the launch 360 I have still works (Even though it sounds like a goddamn vaccuum cleaner). Haven't had to replace my PS3 or Wii at all).

Not that it matters, haven't used any of them in a few years.

iGooner7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By iGooner7

None thank god

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

1 Sega Game Gear. During first few days it developed few too many hot pixels.

Both my PS1 and PS2 would be dead if I had not done some work on them.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By benspyda

2 PS3's and a 360. 2 PS3's because when I sent my broken one in they sent me another broken one back. I also had to get my Dreamcast repaired a couple times.

higgs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By higgs1

Xbox 360 RROD and got that replaced. Had a PS3 that ate a disc and wouldn't eject it, had to get that replaced. And my first DSi had messed up colored screens, otherwise I've had pretty good luck over my 26 years.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#59  Edited By SMTDante89

Two 360s and one GameCube.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By maginnovision

None that I remember. Try swapping your hard drive out too, see if that isn't what happened.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By nintendoeats

I had a Gameboy Colour speaker die on me once. The controls on my DS have some quirks too.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By NegativeCero

One 360 around the time GTA 4 came out. To this day I don't care enough to finish that game.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Capum15

I've only replaced one 360. It wasn't totally dead, but it was close. Could probably have used it a bit more but decided just to get a new one with a larger HD.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64  Edited By yukoasho

I gave my ol' 360 to my brother when I got an S, but other than that, never. I always try to get my systems repaired, even if it takes scouring the internet forever.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By viking_funeral

Zero. All my old Nintendo consoles (NES, SNES, N64) are all hanging strong, though the NES needs some TLC to get going these days. She's 175 in dog years.

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Ryuku_Ryosake

I had 2 PS2s go on me which seems to be the average here. Both were to DREs. The first one was a launch unit and I manage to keep it going by turning up the laser but it eventually burned out. Luckily I knew someone with a broken PS2 that gave it to me for free and we were able to fix it. So I used that until the laser burned out. So then I eventually got a slim.

My original Ice Blue Gameboy Pocket would register down as start and start as down randomly but that was well after I had gotten a Gameboy Color. My launch PS3 is still chuggin' along. Which a small word of advice to people with launch units and probably all PS3 Fat users is play it vertically. I know when I first got my PS3 if I played it horizontally it would burn you if you touched it after playing it for a while.I was sure it would die on me. So I switched to vertically and now it gets slightly warm no matter how much I play it.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By Picard

Luckly, none.

I hope it stays that way.

fantasyfreak07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By fantasyfreak07

I've only replaced my launch Xbox 360.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ShaggE

A 360 and an N64. (that's right, I broke Nintendium, WHO WANTS TO TOUCH ME!?)

*looks up Nintendium on a lark, third result is somebody asking if it's a real thing... goddammit, internet*

That1BlackGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By That1BlackGuy

None of mine actually, it crazy because my very first console (which was a black game boy pocket) still works to date that shit is mindblowing to me, especially since I used to play the hell out of it and had a mountain of games for it.

I remember when a friend of mine's original Xbox broke down, it made a lot of popping sounds and started to emit a shit load of smoke, like it was about to blow up. He ran out the room and went for cover like a lil' biotch lol. This gen he's had a total of 6 Xbox 360s... at least his PS3 still works.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By monetarydread

1 NES

1 Gameboy (I replaced it when the GB Colour came out)

3 PS2's

1 PS3 (two if you count the one I purchased for my father)

1 PSP (my bad though, it was in a backpack with a gatorade and the batorade bottle opened up and spilled all over my PSP in sleep mode)

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Arbie

@BaneFireLord said:

One; my Xbox 360 got fried during a thunderstorm.

=o What happened?!

These threads always make me paranoid. I'm on zero at the moment. I did break the SNES, (well I broke its case anyway, it still worked) but that didn't need replacing. For a little while my 360 was refusing to open its disc tray unless I asked nicely and patted it on the head, but it's working again now so I don't know what that was about!

falconpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By falconpunch

ONE, broken psp

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#75  Edited By ReyGitano

The only console that I've had to replace that I've purchased new was the Xbox 360. I've been through 4 of those, though thankfully this latest one has still been hanging on.

I brought a used Dreamcast once that I had to replace, but that's about it.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#76  Edited By Sarumarine

2 Xbox 360s

1 PS2

xerxes8933a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By xerxes8933a

I had to send my launch 360 in for RROD twice, but I bought the slim when it came out and no problems since. I've also had to replace a couple PSUs and vid cards that went kaput on my computers over the years. That's all, unless your counting stuff that was broken because of user action and not just normal wear and tear.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 Gamecubes, but that's because I traveled with them all the time (Gamecube was probably the most portable non-handheld console ever) and it's understandable. The one I have now hasn't been lugged around and works fine. Other than that nothing I've ever had has broken, but I've also never owned an Xbox 360.

I currently have an NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PS2, Dreamcast, and GC and they all work wonderfully.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By thebunnyhunter

I have only had 3 broken consoles, all of them PS2s and all ended with only being able to read blue dvds (got me to play Maximo, which was pretty awesome), i blame cigarette smoke

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By rawrnosaurous

I had my Halo 3 console stop reading discs on me, so I let my ex scavenge it for parts for her 360.

My original ps2 died on me so I had to go out and get a slim to replace it. It still works even while I've been playing the Persona games a lot the past month or two.

I also had a video card die on me but that is about it.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By mscupcakes

I had to replace my PS2 twice. First time I switched to the Slim model and after that one broke the PS3 was out so I just bought one of them instead.

theuselessgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#82  Edited By theuselessgod

I swapped one 360 out when I dropped it and broke the disc drive. The nice Microsoft person gave me a new one. I then bought one of the slim 360s when they were on super clearance.

I've had to replace a DS lite because of dead pixels on the touch screen, but usually Nintendo handhelds last forever (I still have my GBA SP from when I was in High School!).

I also swapped the pin connector out on my original NES, which is pretty much LIKE buying a new system, only it isn't. Thing wouldn't play ANYTHING.

Aside from that, most everything still works. I'm still amazed that my ancient, sun-tanned SNES, NES, N64, and Genesis still play games perfectly while I'm worried that my PS3 will overhead and melt everytime I turn it on. Sounds like a jet engine.

Disco_Steak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Disco_Steak

My forza 2 bundle 360 died, was out of warranty. Bought a new one after. Sold it a few months ago since I do most my gaming on PC and Ps3 now. My MGS PS3 also died near Christmas last year. Got a slim to replace. My ps2, Dreamcast, SNES, Sega Saturn, Nes, fat Game Boy, Xbox and n64 all still run fine. God damn they don't make em like they use too. Will any current console still be playable in ten years?

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#84  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

Just one original Xbox is all I remember. The hard drive was starting to die so just bought a new one sense the 360 was about to stock up on store shelves.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By RE_Player1

I've replaced a Gamecube and a PSP after they broke. The PSP was my fault because I dropped it down the stairs.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#86  Edited By Hizang

None, I take care of my consoles.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Portis
  • 2 Xbox 360's have red ringed on me. The first time I just bought a new one, the second time it happened I actually sent it in for repair. I've had the repaired one for 4 years now and it's been fine.
  • Had one 40GB PS3 fat die on me, the HDMI port stopped working correctly, and it stopped reading the internal hard drive -- both happened at the same time. I tried replacing the HDD, but no dice. I went out and bought a Slim like a day later.
Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#88  Edited By Vextroid

Had to replace 1 Xbox 360.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By nightriff

4th Xbox 360 and my 2nd Wii. My PS3 is still going strong 5 years later so if it dies at some point I will be completely happy with its performance.

rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By rand0mZer00

I've had to replace 3 consoles: My first PS2's disc drive went out, then my Xbox 360 RROD, and then my PS3 got the YLOD.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#91  Edited By Hamst3r

None, because once they break, I throw them away and never replace them.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By TyCobb

1 - PSX

• I remember Resident Evil 2 had just come out. I was so excited. Went to play it and the FMVs were stuttering and couldn't make it past Claire's opening cut. I realized it was the console once another copy of the game did the same thing.

2 - PS2 (replaced when the PS2 slim came out)

• Even though they never officially crapped out. They were wearing thin as they were the original launch PS2. EB Games at the time had a great trade-in promotion going on if you used the credit towards the new slim. I think GTA:SA was coming out at the same time.

2 - Xbox 360

• Both times the DVD drive failed. I couldn't get the first one fixed because they had not extended the warranty yet. Of course as soon as I took it apart to try and fix it, they extended the warranty. Assholes. The 2nd time, it was under warranty, but the wife and I were in the middle of watching Dexter. I ended up just going out and getting another so we could finish the season.

1 - Wii (optical lens, not the console)

• After I soft-modded my Wii, the lens decided to crap out. For a total of $5, I was able to fix it. God that little console has a lot of screws.
emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#93  Edited By emem
The bluray drive in my PS3 broke, but I didn't replace it and don't see a reason to... so now it's basically only for downloadables. 

@groin said:

I replaced my SNES because my dog pissed on my old one.

Haha. I'm sorry for laughing, but that sounds so damn funny even though it most definitely wasn't when it happend to you. ;)
ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ikilledthedj

3 psone's

2 360's

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a single 360 break from an external source, it kinda got fried during some bad weather, same with my TV.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96  Edited By Bruce

@Leeroi:

A ton of Xbox 360s due to the red light issue. Also some Gameboys, but that was due to this nasty habit I had of punching the screens. I was a stupid kid.

epgpx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By epgpx

My Sega Genesis got ruined when some asswhole spilled his soda over it.

LoggerRythm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By LoggerRythm

@Th3_James said:

I had 9 360's die on my from 2005-2010. My launch 60gb PS3 is still alive, but I only use it for netflix and haven't played any games on it in years.

I've always preferred PC gaming, but still always also played consoles. Now I am PC only, I don't want a console and will be suprised if Microsoft or Sony brings anything worthwhile to the table this next generation. I have 200+ steam games and never enough time to play them.

I also like gaming @2560x1600, and consoles just can't do that.

I've been through nine myself. Fun times.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#99  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

My original NES died from overuse I guess heh and I replaced it with the remodeled version. Up till the ps1 the rest of my consoles continue to work. Replaced that plus a 360 and ps3.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Morrow

None so far. Go me! :D