• 144 results
Posted by BeachThunder (11942 posts) 10 months, 3 days ago

Poll: How many GotG games have you played? (440 votes)

0 0%
1 0%
2 0%
3 0%
4 0%
5 0%
6 0%
7 0%
8 0%
9 0%
10 0%
11 0%
12 0%
13 0%
14 0%
15 0%
16 1%
17 1%
18 0%
19 1%
20 1%
21 1%
22 0%
23 1%
24 2%
25 1%
26 1%
27 1%
28 1%
29 3%
30 3%
31 3%
32 1%
33 2%
34 2%
35 2%
36 3%
37 2%
38 3%
39 3%
40 5%
41 3%
42 3%
43 2%
44 4%
45 3%
46 2%
47 3%
48 2%
49 2%
50 4%
51 2%
52 3%
53 3%
54 3%
55 2%
56 1%
57 2%
58 1%
59 2%
60 1%
61 0%
62 0%
63 0%
64 3%

I thought it would be interesting to see how many of the Game of the Generation games people have played, because in a lot of those battles I haven't played either game. Also, a lot of those games I wouldn't even consider playing...

BTW, this is the list:

1. Dark Souls
  2. Spelunky
  3. Street Fighter IV
  4. Mortal Kombat
  5. BioShock
  6. Mirror's Edge
  7. Bastion
  8. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  9. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  10. Far Cry 3
  11. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
  12. Minecraft
  13. Red Dead Redemption
  14. Team Fortress 2
  15. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  16. Valkyria Chronicles
  17. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  18. Hitman: Blood Money
  19. Braid
  20. Fez
  21. Dragon Age: Origins
  22. Xenoblade Chronicles
  23. BioShock Infinite
  24. Borderlands
  25. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  26. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
  27. Dota 2
  28. League of Legends
  29. Portal 2
  30. Deadly Premonition
  31. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
  32. Civilization V
  33. Mass Effect 2
  34. Crusader Kings II
  35. Burnout Paradise
  36. Forza Motorsport 3
  37. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  38. Bayonetta
  39. Halo 3
  40. Gears of War 3
  41. Super Mario Galaxy
  42. Super Meat Boy
  43. Fable II
  44. Rock Band
  45. Fallout 3
  46. Just Cause 2
  47. The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings
  48. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  49. The Walking Dead - Season 1
  50. Alan Wake
  51. Saints Row: The Third
  52. Asura's Wrath
  53. The Last of Us
  54. inFamous
  55. Heavy Rain
  56. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
  57. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  58. Dead Space
  59. Journey
  60. LittleBigPlanet
  61. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  62. Left 4 Dead
  63. Grand Theft Auto V
  64. Sleeping Dogs
#1 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1853 posts) -

Fifty!

#2 Posted by Dasacant2 (233 posts) -

Twenty but I've only completed 15

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Played?

1. Street Fighter IV
  2. BioShock
  3. Mirror's Edge
  4. Bastion
  5. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  6. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
  7. Red Dead Redemption
  8. Team Fortress 2
  9. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  10. Braid
  11. Xenoblade Chronicles
  12. BioShock Infinite
  13. Borderlands
  14. Portal 2
  15. Civilization V
  16. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  17. Halo 3
  18. Gears of War 3
  19. Super Mario Galaxy
  20. Super Meat Boy
  21. Fable II
  22. Fallout 3
  23. The Walking Dead - Season 1
  24. Saints Row: The Third
  25. Asura's Wrath
  26. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  27. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  28. Left 4 Dead

Apparently, that's my answer.

#4 Edited by TheMasterDS (2066 posts) -

33. That said I'm trying to not care about this poll too too much because I really don't like the idea of a big match up poll deciding things with 64 arbitrary games as the starting point. I prefer the way we do Game of the Years with big fucking lists of each individual top 10 that gets added up into something that doesn't quite match my top ten list but it's still cool none the less. In that case I can put dark horse candidates in my list even though they stand no chance of winning because I'm not trying to game the system, I'm just being honest about my top 10.

#5 Posted by Flappy (2254 posts) -

That's...a lot of games.

#6 Posted by BisonHero (6532 posts) -

I've played 26, so there are a whole bunch of polls I don't feel informed enough to take part in. A lot of the more obscure hard-to-find-at-this-point stuff got knocked out in the first round (Dragon Quest IX, Valkyria Chronicles, etc.), but I also have some significant blind spots (none of my friends were really much in the way of 360 gamers this generation, so I've never touched Gears or Halo 3).

Plus there are a whole bunch of games in the bracket I own on Steam, but haven't found the time to play.

#7 Edited by TruthTellah (9101 posts) -

Wow, I've played more of those than I thought. I haven't beaten all of them, but I've at least played a bit of each one.

#8 Posted by ShaggE (6456 posts) -

I probably miscounted, but at least 44.

#9 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Over 50. How did I find the time?

#10 Posted by ajamafalous (11996 posts) -

47, though I own about 5 more that I just haven't gotten around to yet.

#11 Edited by jkz (4027 posts) -

50...holy shit I played a lot of video games before work caught up...alright then.

#12 Edited by Ares42 (2667 posts) -

46, so about 2/3. Not too bad considering I bought the consoles mid to late in the generation.

#13 Posted by StarvingGamer (8245 posts) -

#14 Posted by Trilogy (2655 posts) -

I've played 43.

#15 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19342 posts) -

40 of 'em.

#16 Posted by wemibelec90 (1671 posts) -

Surprised to note that I've played 60 of the 64. Everything but Xenoblade, Dota 2, Crusader Kings, and Ghost Trick.

#17 Posted by deathfury (531 posts) -

#18 Posted by TowerSixteen (542 posts) -

Out of curiosity, you guys do know that this is a poll, right? You can click the number at the top, and than submit your answer, and it saves you the trouble of just posting the number and nothing else in the thread! The computer won't forget your answer, honest.

#19 Edited by Shaunage (712 posts) -

52. I've finished (or for those without an end, played a significant amount of) 37 of them.

#20 Edited by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

52. It could be 54 or so if you count playing demos of some games, like Heavy Rain in my case. Some games like Dark Souls, I've only really played like 5 to 10 minutes of (because I don't want to get an achievement through GFW if that shit gets removed while I'm in the middle of a playthrough or whatever) but I countedt it anyway.

The ones I didn't play include:

1. Spelunky
  2. Dragon Quest IX
  3. Far Cry 3 (have played Blood Dragon though)
  4. Valkyria Chronicles
  5. Fez (have played its demo)
  6. League of Legends
  7. Crusader Kings II
  8. Forza Motorsport 3 (have played Forza 2)
  9. Gears of War 3 (have played Gears of War 1)
  10. Just Cause 2
  11. The Walking Dead - Season 1
  12. Heavy Rain (have played its demo)

Damn shame Ghost Trick lost to Last of Us while that poll was active. I'm probably one of the few of whom who has played the both of them, and Ghost Trick was the clear winner, of my heart.

#21 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

#22 Posted by Akeldama (4247 posts) -

#23 Posted by Hunter5024 (5686 posts) -

I have played 49, beaten somewhere around like 40. There's like 4 of those I intend to go back to at some point.

Of the 15 I missed I have copies of like 6, and intend to play 4 others besides. There are like 5 games that aren't for me on this list.

#24 Posted by StingingVelvet (569 posts) -

A few of the ones I'm missing I just haven't gotten around to yet (Walking Dead, Fez). Several others are because I just recently bought my first consoles for this generation, so I have some catching up to do on exclusives.

That said the vast majority of the other half are just games I'm not interested in. Racing, fighting and RTS don't interest me at all, and I think most indie games kind of suck (no offense indie developers). Everyone's different though, and thank god gaming is so eclectic because otherwise all we would get is Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed.

#25 Posted by Random45 (1212 posts) -

Out of that list, I've played 27 of the games.

I'm surprised Valkyria Chronicles was on the list, because I thought I was maybe one of three people who has played that game.

Not entirely sure why Mirror's Edge is on the list, the game was very mediocre, though I guess if it's because of 'Still Alive', because that song is absolutely fantastic and is the only reason I bought and played the game in the first place.

Honestly the games that should be 'Game of the Generation' are those that by just being made, changed the gaming landscape drastically. CoD4 for instance was the first modern military shooter that is so commonplace now. Minecraft pretty much made the indie scene mainstream (granted, Microsoft also helped in this regard), and there are so many games attempting to be like Minecraft now that it's ridiculous. Furthermore, Amnesia I feel should be on this list, since I firmly believe that it revived the horror genre that was beginning to fade, and it also made LPs mainstream (I know the SA forums have been doing it for years, but people like Pewdiepie, love em or hate em, made it mainstream).

Though there are some excellent games on the list, like The Walking Dead, The Last of Us, and DEADLY FREAKIN PREMONITION!

#26 Posted by Otogi (254 posts) -

29, but I've beaten over half that

#27 Edited by Moonshadow101 (568 posts) -

31. Just a hair under half.

Not entirely sure why Mirror's Edge is on the list, the game was very mediocre, though I guess if it's because of 'Still Alive', because that song is absolutely fantastic and is the only reason I bought and played the game in the first place.

I would put Mirror's Edge above, like, a quarter of the games on this list : /

#28 Posted by johncallahan (566 posts) -

Played? All but Dota 2, League of Legends, and Crusader Kings. Beaten? Everything save for Spelunky, Dragon Quest IX, and Xenoblade. Fuck me. I played a lot of games over the last span of my life.

#29 Posted by TruthTellah (9101 posts) -

Out of curiosity, you guys do know that this is a poll, right? You can click the number at the top, and than submit your answer, and it saves you the trouble of just posting the number and nothing else in the thread! The computer won't forget your answer, honest.

A po-ell, you say? I was not aware such things were not supposed to get replies as well as votes.

#30 Edited by MetalBaofu (1386 posts) -

Thanks to Gamefly I tend to play almost anything. Out of those I've played 57.

#31 Posted by Dalai (7030 posts) -

19 for sure, think I own a few more than that, probably finished about 8 of them.

#32 Posted by Pr1mus (3911 posts) -

#33 Posted by Trilogy (2655 posts) -

That's what the NSA wants you to think. Don't be a puppet, man! Fight the powers that be!

#34 Posted by Kain55 (129 posts) -

57. What have I been doing with my life this generation? Damn. This counts games I played at least an hour of. I couldn't stand the way Alan Wake played about 10 minutes in so I stopped playing so I didn't count it otherwise, yeah...

#35 Posted by Elwoodan (831 posts) -

I've 'played' 51, but some games like Dead Space only got 3-4 hours before I dropped them. I would say I have finished or played a significant amount of 40ish.

#36 Posted by OmniscientCajun (124 posts) -

55 at least played by my count. The absences:

• Dragon Quest IX (never played the series)
  • Hitman: Blood Money (never really felt drawn to the series)
  • League of Legends (Dota's enough for now)
  • Deadly Premonition (though I feel as though I've played it...)
  • Starcraft II (not a big RTS guy)
  • Crusader Kings II (in my steam library)
  • Forza 3 (I've only played Horizon, which I loved)
  • Just Cause 2 (PS+ will help me rectify this at some point)
  • The Witcher 2 (sitting on my shelf, taunting me)

Of that number, I've completed or played enough to feel a sense of satisfaction similar to games that can be completed 45. The unfinished:

• Banjo-Kazooie: N&B (played a bit, didn't grab me)
  • Minecraft (not my cup of tea)
  • Team Fortress 2 (played a bit when it came out in the Orange Box, never got back to it)
  • Valkyria Chronicles (this one smarts, stopped about halfway through - reason unknown)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles (another Chronicle left unfinished - stopped when I moved, never got back to it)
  • Metal Gear Solid 4 (cracked it open one night, now it just sits on my shelf, smoking at me)
  • Burnout Paradise (loved Burnout 3, thought Revenge was all right, Paradise didn't do much for me. Now NFS Hot Pursuit on the other hand...)
  • Deus Ex: HR (didn't like the world, felt like a chore to learn about and to play through)
  • Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (sitting in my 3DS right now, working my way through it - PS4 is getting in the way)
  • LittleBigPlanet (cool concept, not much fun to play)

And that's enough of a log that probably only I care about. Cool idea for the thread/poll!

#37 Posted by ThunderSlash (1730 posts) -

38 for me. Either this generation has gone on for far too long or I play way too many games. Or both.

#38 Posted by ez123 (1965 posts) -

18 (clicked 16 and found some others I had played). Some are in my backlog and in the Witcher 2's case, I have to beat the first one.

There's a bunch of PS3 exclusives there and I don't own one. My GOTG is Gears. Surprised it got crushed up against Gears 2 and 3 during the polls.

#39 Posted by TheBluthCompany (387 posts) -

Holy shit I've played 52. This has been a really long generation.

#40 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (618 posts) -

Damn I shocked myself with the fact that I played 52 games on this list.

However, finished games only totals up to 35

#41 Posted by RadixNegative2 (521 posts) -

53, though I haven't finished most of them. Only a few kept me interested until the end.

#42 Posted by L1GHTN1N (457 posts) -

59. The games I haven't played:

• Dragon Quest IX (Don't care much for JRPGs)
  • Gears of War 3 (Don't have a 360 anymore)
  • Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts (See above)
  • Forza 3 (See above)
  • Xenoblade (missed it when it came out, now impossible to finds)

Out of those I would have loved to have played Gears of War 3 and Forza 3, the other 3 I don't feel like I'm missing out on. As far as finished I'd say maybe half of them, I never have the time to commit to the longer stuff like Dragon Age and Valkyria Chronicles though I'd love to get back to them some day and a lot of them just didn't grab me.

Also I'd like to reiterate that you are all bad people for voting against Elite Beat Agents, which is the real GotG.

#43 Edited by Brackynews (4083 posts) -

I'm at 53. And I've played those 53 to an extent where I'm completely confident in my votes. Haven't been voting where I'm not sure.

#44 Posted by csl316 (8678 posts) -

35, but between this site and watching my buddies play some games, it almost feels like I'd be in the 60's.

#45 Posted by Milkman (16800 posts) -

I've never played:

• Mirror's Edge (always meant to get around to that)
  • Dragon Quest IX (no interest)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles (no interest)
  • Valkyria Chronicles (I like these kind of games but I just never got around to it)
  • Ghost Trick (looked cool but I just don't play a lot of portable games)
  • League of Legends (played a little bit of DOTA 2 to understand what this genre is, don't really have any interest in getting into it)
  • Deadly Premonition (I watched both Endurance Runs so I feel like I pretty much played it)
  • Crusader Kings II (to be honest, I barely know what this is)
  • Dark Souls (I've watched a ton of it and I get the appeal. I just have no real desire to ever play it myself.)
#46 Edited by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

#47 Edited by l4wd0g (1952 posts) -

Too many. I have played all of them but only completed a few.

#48 Posted by mlarrabee (2962 posts) -

I started Nuts and Bolts about a week ago. A few days after that I started Viva Piñata: Trouble In Paradise.

I kind of feel like I should apologize to Brad for not trying out both earlier.

I mean, I never played the Banjo platformers and still I understand Rare fans. Neither game is perfect, but they're both bossa.

#49 Posted by Nubikal (107 posts) -

By my count 40, and I've completed most of those, but some I just couldn't get into and left after a few hours. A few others are in my backlog and should really get around to sometime...

#50 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

I've played 42, that's more than expected. I'm including games I've played demos of or have only played once.